ad

Getting started in properties

S

saqua

What do I need to educate myself on to invest in properties?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

D

DarrenG

You can start by distinguishing between the different neighbourhoods. Always remember that location is the best investment

J

Jessica Brown

Property investment

First you need to decide if you are buying the property to let or buying it for renovation and eventual on-sale.
If it is the first option you need to consider the location, rental return, demand for tenancies, proximity to transport, schools and the aesthetic of the property. Once you have decided on a property your next hurdle is the tenancy. You will need to consider:
1.The tenancy agreement
2. The deposit and laws regarding the deposit
3. Responsibilities eg. council tax, bills
4. Repairs-you will need a relationship with a local trades person
5. A good agent is worth considering

If you are buying for eventual sale, again you need to consider the location. Try to choose somewhere which has seen a noticeable price rise recently that could continue into the future. You need to check the state of the property, decide how much work you are planning to do to it and get an idea of the cost of this work. Find out about the tax and bills paid for the property and the state of the utilities, especially the boiler.
I find the following websites to be useful:
House prices, buy to let mortgages and property development; all the latest news from buytonet.co.uk
From landlord and tenant solicitor Tessa Shepperson | The Landlord Law Blog
Home improvement and renovation; all the latest news and trends at housefixer.co.uk
MyBuilder.com - Find Trusted Builders and Tradesmen
UK's number one property website for properties for sale and to rent

P

propertyagent

What do I need to educate myself on to invest in properties?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
just location, location and location,
see the growth of the area and position is always the key ....

J

jeffdjevdet

Location, rental yield and purchase price - I think these are the most important areas to look at.

I agree with Jessica though, you need to decide whether you are looking to purchase and keep hold of the property or flip it and sell in 3-6 months.

L

leaseoptionsuk

Invest on people... They're very important...

G

Gabyyy

Try to buy worst property in the best neighborhood.
Try to avoid what is trendy and popular today.

A

annamarie

well...
Good to know that you are interested in property investment. For the help you should have a consult with some property agents around your surroundings. Internet is also a good source to get help.

Last edited: