getting out of Egypt / resale

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
OK I bought in Palm Beach Piazza 18 months ago 30000 GBP and sold in November for 58000 GBP. The unit was not registered. It was easy; why? Front line beach apartment in Sahl Hasheesh.

More significantly I am now trying to get a long term let in Hurghada in a front line beach project with a pool and they are like gold dust 600 - 700 GBP per month which in some cases is a 15 - 20% ROI and thats if you can find anything!
are you looking at buying again peter??

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Almost certainly but I have others still to sell; waiting for 'old town' to be open for business.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
OK I bought in Palm Beach Piazza 18 months ago 30000 GBP and sold in November for 58000 GBP. The unit was not registered. It was easy; why? Front line beach apartment in Sahl Hasheesh.

More significantly I am now trying to get a long term let in Hurghada in a front line beach project with a pool and they are like gold dust 600 - 700 GBP per month which in some cases is a 15 - 20% ROI and thats if you can find anything!
WOW it was 30000K i hope this make all people around feel safe about investment in Egypt

L

lyndsay552

We are seriously considering selling our apartment in Regency Towers round about September time but wouldn't even know where to start.

Is it just the same as the UK where you speak to an estate agent, put it on the market and pay the estate agent a % off the sale value?

Anyone any ideas?

Lyndsay

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
We are seriously considering selling our apartment in Regency Towers round about September time but wouldn't even know where to start.

Is it just the same as the UK where you speak to an estate agent, put it on the market and pay the estate agent a % off the sale value?

Anyone any ideas?

Lyndsay
i think the best is to wait till septmber and then offer it with the time price

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Anyone any ideas?

Lyndsay
Dear Lyndsay

It seems to me that you should speak to Peter Mitry. He has already successfully done what you are contemplating and reports that it was easy and very profitable. Very interested to hear how you get on with selling your unit and hope you will relate your hopefully very happy ending to all of us on this forum.

Yours

Jeremy

L

lyndsay552

Thanks Jeremy

I'm meeting up with Peter in a few weeks so I'll ask him then.

Lyndsay

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Thanks Jeremy

I'm meeting up with Peter in a few weeks so I'll ask him then.

Lyndsay

If you are going to be in the area why dont you pay us a visit in El Gouna. Would be nice to put a face to the name :)

L

lyndsay552

If you are going to be in the area why dont you pay us a visit in El Gouna. Would be nice to put a face to the name :)
Excellent Jeremy would love to. :cool:

We had hoped to get to El Gouna last time we where over but it just never happened. We're over for longer this time so fingers crossed we will actually get time to take a breath this time.

Lyndsay

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Excellent Jeremy would love to. :cool:

We had hoped to get to El Gouna last time we where over but it just never happened. We're over for longer this time so fingers crossed we will actually get time to take a breath this time.

Lyndsay

Just PM me when you are around and have time to pay us a visit and if im in Gouna would be great to meet up.

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Will do. Do you live permanently in El Gouna?
Not yet but am often there and it will be my main base when my Villa is furnished next month which will hopefully coincide with pre launch of our golf project there

L

lyndsay552

Sounds good, any chance of a sneak peak at the plans for your golf course????

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Sounds good, any chance of a sneak peak at the plans for your golf course????
I will be happy to show you the plans when we meet. Brochures / website / contracts / pricing etc are being finalised at present but there is a temporary web landing page where you can register for pre launch offer .

L

lyndsay552

I'm guessing that it will be way out of our price range but it's always nice to see how the other half live.

J

Jeremy Sturgess

I'm guessing that it will be way out of our price range but it's always nice to see how the other half live.
I believe the lowest price units will be around usd 130k for 62 sq mtr apparts during pre launch.

L

lyndsay552

I think we'll stick to just having a nosey and maybe a few rounds of golf.

Lyndsay

crombiestone

crombiestone

So in Gouna for example I know that there is a finite supply of lagoon frontage property as the seawater lagoons can only be brought so far inland. The New golf project at El Gouna, Ancient Sands Golf Resort, which I am involved in will be the last large scale project at Gouna where seawater lagoons will be possible.
Jeremy

I am not so sure of the truth of this statement. I agree that the lagoons can only be brought so far inland however,I understood that Mr Sawiris had bought more land and could extend up and down the coastline so there will inevitably be more lagoon front properties in the resort .

Sorry but as you are responsible for the ancient sands resort this sounded like untrue hype .

As much as I love El Gouna , I also like the truth.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Jeremy

I am not so sure of the truth of this statement. I agree that the lagoons can only be brought so far inland however,I understood that Mr Sawiris had bought more land and could extend up and down the coastline so there will inevitably be more lagoon front properties in the resort .

Sorry but as you are responsible for the ancient sands resort this sounded like untrue hype .

telling truth is best thing we do here cromb
Regards
George

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Jeremy

Dear Crombiestone

Of course you are right it is always possible they could buy more land along the coast and perhaps I should have qualified the statement. However I am not aware that OHD have purchased any more land or plan to beyond the military outpost. You may know more than I - if you are right then I stand corrected.

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.