Getting money out of Morocco

A

ahanco

Hello,

I know this question has been asked a few times before on this forum, but I was hoping for advice from you all with my own unique situation.

I am sadly not a real estate mogul, but rather a lowly English teacher who will be in Morocco working as an au pair for the next several months but officially I will be going as a tourist. I will be receiving what is for me a sizable salary during this time, and do not want to leave it all in Morocco.

The amount i'll be paid should be roughly 20,000 dirhams over the course of my time there of which I'd like to keep roughly 15,000 to pay for my student loans, my credit card etc. I have enough money to pay for these things while I am in the country, so I simply need to be able to leave the country with this amount in either dollars or euros. In the grand scheme of things this is a pretty insignificant amount, but I am afraid of being stopped as I leave the country with roughly 1300 euros in my pocket.

Does anyone have any insights as to what I could do to avoid this situation? Is this amount something that would be a problem at customs? Or perhaps could I use a service like paypal to be paid by my employer? I've furthermore heard of going through Spain to avoid such a situation...

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

T

Tom Caliban

Hello,

You do not have to worry for the custom for every amount until it do not exceed 100.000 dirhams.
But... why don't you transfer the amount with your moroccan bank to your bank ?

Regards