Getting insurance quotes from companies other than Intasure

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rosiejoe

Hello,
Can anyone point me to some companies who provide Holiday Home Insurance in Egypt other than Intasure?
I'm sure they are very good but I've now received several quotes from them as all internet clicks seem to lead to them (without them saying so)
I just want to shop around before making a decision but I can't find anyone on the internet other than Intasure.
Thank you

S

samui13

Hi I use intasure and have had two floods - they have refused to pay out because they say the roof is bad workmanship!!! I said no its just egyptian standards. If you are insuring an egyptian building it should be based on egyptian standards not english ones. They wont budge. I am annoyed with them. I told them it was "freak" unusual weather but they are not interested.

Lou

Georgina

Georgina

You could try Allianz Allianz Egypt - ContactUs

Would be surprised if any insurance company paid out after the two storms in 2010 as just about every property leaked! Allianz didn't pay out. Orascom repaired most of the properties free of charge in El Gouna after the January storm which took them all year and nowhere near finished then we had the December storm.....

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hello,
Can anyone point me to some companies who provide Holiday Home Insurance in Egypt other than Intasure?
I'm sure they are very good but I've now received several quotes from them as all internet clicks seem to lead to them (without them saying so)
I just want to shop around before making a decision but I can't find anyone on the internet other than Intasure.
Thank you
Hi rosiejoe, Intasure and Allianz are the two I know of, if I hear of any more I will post on here for you, I am sure there must be more. Does anyone know if Egyptians use home insurance, Georgina you may be best placed to answer this.

Georgina

Georgina

Does anyone know if Egyptians use home insurance, Georgina you may be best placed to answer this.
I've never met one that does!

A Scottish friend of mine living in Cairo for thirty years had Allianz insurance for the whole time and then made a claim when he moved to El Gouna for a problem with his cooker that got damaged during a rental. They didn't pay out!

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Originally Posted by Georgina
I've never met one that does!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I'm laughing too guys...

Now you see why projects get left to become slums if the International owners don't do something more positive about maintaining their investments. Especially as most of the projects have Egyptian owners or their tenants, what do you think will happen.

The quote "This is Egypt" springs to mind and your exposed.... No one fixes things unless you get organised. Either appoint your own maintenance crews or be prepared to do it yourselves.

Alan.

Status
Not open for further replies.