Garden supplies

aisha24

aisha24

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can buy Garden supplies in Hurghada..I need things like grow bags or some sort of growing medium for patio plants.:confused:

T

thompsonsom

We too are looking for the same but have had no luck so far!

Janice

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

The only thing I can think of is that in most of the semi-finished areas (such as Mubarak 7 where we are) there are people driving trucks of plants around offering them for sale, pretty much like the "gas men"
If you see one it may be a good idea to stop them and ask??

aisha24

aisha24

hi thanks for the replies unfortunatley they are of little help as they buy all their plants ready dug up and in pots from Quena. They have no soil for sale and are bewildered by the request . The plants often dont last long either as they are often cut off at the roots and die shortly after I have learned this from experience. They look great on the trucks though. Unfortunatley they will not let you inspect the roots before you buy!!!

G

GM43

Banned
For a garden center:
If you go from Hurghada (AKA center) to the airport then you have on your left side Rajac, then the road goes up, right after that take the right "exit" . This is a sand road, go further and a little to the left you will find KIMO nursery, very nice guy, speaks some English. His prices are much better than from the guys who drive around.
from: http://www.propertyforum.com/forum/egyptian-lounge/7429-general-chit-chat-116.html#post84566

He has soil available!

Also for other garden supplies you can go to Dary, opposite Abu Ashara Family market, somewhere next tot Zahran.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks GM - that link is last years and can be out dated. As you are in the area do you know if the centre still stocks soil / grow bags.

Many thanks

aisha24

aisha24

Many thanks for your reply GM I live near Rajac in Mubarak 5 so I will take a look asap . I will keep u all posted.

W

wellheld

Compost and the like

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can buy Garden supplies in Hurghada..I need things like grow bags or some sort of growing medium for patio plants.:confused:[/QUOTE

I'll ask my friend who grows his own plants for tubs and baskets and stuff what he does and if it's ok with him will pass no. on to you, Good luck, Helen
His name is David....tel 0100883122. compost, baskets, tubs etc plants all grown here!!!!

Last edited:
aisha24

aisha24

Hi Helen once again thanks for the PM will be in touch with him very soon .

H

HRG DAVID

Country Baskets Hurghada

Hi Helen once again thanks for the PM will be in touch with him very soon .
Have a look on Face Book Country Baskets Hurghada, or call me 0100883122

David

aisha24

aisha24

ahi David many thanks for reply sorry I have not ben in touch yet but have ahad my familly over from UK so was a bi tied up.
Tried to look at your info on Face book but it just kept saying no contact of that name!!!!!
i will call u asap... really in need of compost now ....madn in Midan in small flower shop wanted 7le for one small plasic bag that would have filed on small pot only....have a lot of sesdlings that need potting on....

aisha24

aisha24

Ok just to add that I tried the soil from Kimmo ..a huge bad for 10le but this is no good for immature plants unless you mix with peat or omplost as it goes like concrete after a few hours in the sun following watering.
He does have some very nice plants though.
The other place opposite Abu Ashra familly market now refuse to sel any soil.
So its pretty scarce ....the Man in the small flower shop gets sent a huge bag not sure how many kilos.. from the company that owns the shop from Cairo this bag is 350 le for peat moss.
Pretty expansive and rather to large for my puposes at the moment.. also he cant order it so u ca only get small plastic food bags of it which is no good to man nor beast!!!!

T

thompsonsom

You can get small bags of peat from spinneys for less than £1

M

M Butler

The "soil" you buy here does seem to dry out very quickly so I am trying out water storing crystals just now. I brought them back from the UK.

Margaret