Fuseta Ria

M

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm

good to hear from another fuseta ( formosa village ) resident

We know of another irish couple who have bought out there and have recently returned from a visit

They have some concerns about the artifical grass that has been laid in the grounds and around the swimming pool, they feel not very well laid and of questionable quality. Any comments from you or Eric?

Also do you if there will be security shutters on all exposed glass areas ? had heard only on kitchen and 2nd bedroom and not on balcony?

Anyone any comments regarding installation of air conditioning ?

look forward to hearing from you

Rgds

Declan
Declan

I havent really taken any notice of the shutter situation but its a fairly good point.I dont recall seeing any shutter mechanism.

I think they have made a huge mistake with the artificial grass.It looks far to false and fully agree it doesnt look well fitted.

The biggest problem in Fuseta is the amount of stray dogs.It seemed worse the last time I was there.

Cheers
Malcol m

M

Malcolm

Declan

I havent really taken any notice of the shutter situation but its a fairly good point.I dont recall seeing any shutter mechanism.

I think they have made a huge mistake with the artificial grass.It looks far to false and fully agree it doesnt look well fitted.

The biggest problem in Fuseta is the amount of stray dogs.It seemed worse the last time I was there.

Cheers
Malcol m
Declan

Just looked on the photos I took the last time I was there and you are right there doesnt seem to be any shutters on the main balcony.Seems to be on both bedrooms.Find it very odd and fairly sure we will need them for ins purposes.

I have recently asked a Portuguese guy to give me a quote for air con and will let you know if you like when he gets back to me.He is quoting on 6 apts so should be a decent price.

Cheers

D

Declan B

Good evening Malcolm

Thanks for the quick reply.

Think we should be taking up question of grass and shutters with developers.If enough of us make noise than might take some notice especially prior to completion

On aircon have had 2 quotes and 1000 euro difference bewtwen similar spec equipment LG and Fujitsu

Dont know why taking so long to get habiation license, properties have been ready since abt August!

From my reading of the contract if developer does not deliver properties by 31/12/08 we can walk away with doulbe deposit in or hand?

Must admit did not notice any issue with dogs and have been in Fuseta on quite a few occasions

Cheers

Declan

E

eric

formosa village 4

Declan

Cheers
Malcol m
Hi Malcolm,
Good to make another contact. The more contacts we can make the better position we are in for negotiating prices or dealing with complaints.
I'm going out again on December 7th to 11th to try and find some replacement Furniture and would be interested in the phone number you mentioned; also interested in the air conditioning.
I don't have a problem with the artificial grass under cover but I agree that whats on show above the pool could be improved. Certainly round the pool needs smartening.There were no shutters on lounge windows when I went in September but there were on both bedrooms.
I can see that might be an issue for ground floor apartments in particular.
I am happy to supply my e-mail address to other Formosa Village purchasers but obviously do not want to supply over an open site like this.
just a point of information Is everyone aware that there is train station (a platform really) just 100 yards approx above the development? -this is as well as the main station.Useful for renters who dont like hiring cars.

cheers
Eric

E

eric

Hi Guys,
I was unable to find any details of Ideal Living Ltd on the web but did make contact with Planet sofa in Lagos whose web name I cant post until I've made 5 posts They have showrooms in England and I went to view the furniture and was very impressed with the quality and the price particularly if you have a package! Much prefer their stuff to Villapacs and Je ne sais quoi. Will visit showrooms in Lagos and make a final decision when I go out in December. Also still interested in the price of air conditioning.
cheers
Eric

H

helscon

closing on Formosa village

Hi guys

Good to find this site and your comments. we have bought a 2 bed in Formosa Village and were over to check on progress last September - it all looked fine. Only got an email from solicitor this week to say that the developer is ready to complete. Has anyone else completed? I don't have time to go over to Portugal in the next couple of weeks to check everything is up to scratch, but am being put under pressure to stump up the rest of the money. has anyone else completed sight unseen?

Thanks

helen

D

Declan B

Hi helen

just got word on monday that habitation license granted and should be completing within next next 14days

I was led to believe that recommended that you attend in order to flag up to the developer/builde any issues when property handed over

good to hear from another Fuseta resident! are you in east blacok or west block ( closest to faro)?

Rgds

declan

H

helscon

Hi Declan

I'm in the block on the right hand side if you are at the front door. So the license hasn't been granted yet - interesting. I've told my solicitor that I can't do anything before the end of the month - which is an optimistic timeframe, but he's telling me the developer is closing deals now. Do you know if we have a timeframe from when the license is issued? I think it would be prudent to go out and check before handing over money

What do you intend doing?

H

helscon

Hi Eric

Just been browsing through yours and Declans comments on Formosa Village. I have bought 2 apartments on there on the East block and I have 3 friends who have also bought on the same block. I was over there about 3 weeks ago and everything looks finished but suppose it just takes time getting the habitation licence. I was really impressed with the apartments. My lawyer told me last week it would probably be towards the end of December when it was ready for completion. Hope its sooner really because I was hoping to have a holiday out there at the end of the year.

I'm hoping the apartments will rent easily in the summer although I was a bit worried because there doesn't seem an awful lot to do. The beaches on the other hand are excellent so ideal for sun worshippers.

Sorry to hear you lost so much money to Je Ne Sais Quoi. My friends and I have bought our furniture packages through Ideal Living (Portugal) Ltd who is a friend of a friend who has recently set up a showroom in Portugal. Whilst I was out in Portugal I called at the showroom to choose my furniture and the quality is really good and virtually half the price of other packages I have looked at. If you like I can give you their number or you are welcome to have a look at my apartment when its ready.

By the way I am from North Yorkshire. Look forward to seeing you there!

Regards

Malcolm
Hi Malcom

Would be very interested in getting details of Ideal Living - do they have a website ?

Helen

D

Declan B

Hi Helen

I am informed that habiation license has been granted and completion withion next 14days

However would have thought completion could be mutually agreed between both parties but sure devloper would be keen to get his money asap due delays on this project

Like in the UK solictor will not release funds until all paperwork in order and likewise developer will not release keys /allow access until he has been paid

Trust assists

rgds

Declan

H

helscon

Thanks Declan , I will set a mutually convenient date!

E

eric

Completion

Hi guys
We've been notified that habitation licence is granted and the developer wants his/her money. After all the time we've been made to wait I am reluctant to rush payment. I have still not had a response to issues we flagged up about the external environment. It would be a good idea if others apart from myself queried this. In particular the artificial grass needs to be laid properly and the ground around the pool slopes badly away making it very difficult to lie on sunbed next to pool. These are areas that will affect rental potential whereas internally the apartments seem fine. The more people who raise these issues the greater chance they will be rectified sooner rather than later.

cheers
Eric

H

helscon

Hi Eric

I agree with you, we have the best leverage to rectify problems prior to payment. I didn't see the completed pool area as the last time I was there was in September, but I'm hoping to get out there at the end of this month and will not sign if it isn't up to scratch, meanwhile, if you get feedback from the developer/your solicitor regarding the area , keep us informed. If anyone else has seen the finished area and are not happy with it they should absolutely query it before paying.

Helen

G

Gavin

Hi Malcom

Would be very interested in getting details of Ideal Living - do they have a website ?

Helen
Hi Helen
I've just past some infos of that company to one of our future neighbour,Mark. I have used the company myself and am very pleased with the result.
The only contact detail I have is of their designer, Liza, 910410710.
Hope this helps,
Gavin

H

helscon

Hi Gavin

Thanks for that - sorry is that a UK or Portugese number? I will be phoning from Dublin

H

helscon

Thanks Gavin - do you know where exactly they are based, or if they have a website?

Helen

M

MarkV

Helen,

I am also a buyer in Formosa Village (apt 204),i realised you were trying to get details for ideal Living? I myself have already fitted out my apartment which i chose to go through Ideal Living (Portugal) Ltd, When i visited their showroom there website was under development but maybe is up and running now?? www .ideal living portugal. com (without spaces)

Im pretty sure they will sort you out, i will have some photos of mine complete soon so you are welcome to look at them if you like?

speak soon

G

Gavin

Hi, was about to send their location and website and noticed that Mark V had done it.
Hope it all goes well,
Gavin

G

Gavin

Hi Mark,
Can see that you are as happy as I am with the furniture co:)
Did Ideal Living recomend the property management company they use?
Speak soon,
Gavin