Fuseta Ria

M

manor park

lena

Thanks for the info, the campsite if it is the one I saw was right by the harbour and would do well, I am looking for rental and some use myself if poss. I will send you my email address. Do you know where the development is in Fuseta? If not, let me know and I will send some rough directions, it's at the other end of town to the harbour though.

shw

For a PM, if you click on my name (manor park) a box will drop down, click "view public profile" this brings up a box some info about my membership here. On the right hand side it says "send a private message" (PM) just click that type and send.

If you look at the top right hand corner of the page where you log in, it tells you there if you have received a PM. I will send you my email and you can try it.

What was the last update you had for the site?

MP

L

Lysos

Mp,

Thanks for the link to IQ. Firstly let me say that I really like Tavira and the Eastern Algarve and if you buy at the right price should see some contribution to your mortgage costs from seasonal rentals,

Couple of minor points (but a reflection of unprofessionalism) on the website. At one point it says Fuesta is 30 minutes from Faro, at another it says 20 minutes. The map shows it being west of Tavira, saying it is 15 minutes away. The site goes on to say that new golf course at Monte Rei is only 10 minutes away. Even Lewis hamilton on a good day couldn't do that !. Monte Rei is east of Tavira, in fact it's two minutes drive from my partner's villa, which itself is a 25/30 minute drive to Tavira.

Of little import, I guess, 'cos unless you are loaded you won't be playing there; apartments start at 900,000 euros, villas out of sight; golf club membership for owners - 30,000 euros. Nearest golf to you probably Benamor, then Quinta da Ria & Quinta da Cima, expensive, then further east Castro Marim, less so, and lovely course. Best value at the moment the new course at Quinta do Vale, just past Castro Marim.

M

manor park

Lysos

Funny thing is I dont play golf ! maybe I will have to take it up. The price I paid was 10-15% less than that advertised on the sites you were looking at so I thought it was a good deal in an emerging part of the Algarve. Tavira is very nice we stayed there when we went to view the site at Fuseta.

RE: the site errors they are minor and the guy that owns it has been very good and I would have no problems reccomending him to others, in fact that is how I got in touch with him to start with, from another person who bought off him and was pleased with the service they got.

MP

L

lena green

Fuseta

Morning guys

Here`s a few pictures of Fuseta for a your enjoyment, more to come. The development pictured is called Formosa Village.

S

shw

HI Lena

Thanks for these, but judging from what you have posted that is not the site we are talking about

L

lena green

directions please

OK thought as much, nobody had heard of the site but I will find it for you, so where is it from the road where the post office is, better still does it have an official address? come back to me quick as I`m off in the next half hour and won`t be there again for a week or so

M

manor park

lena

If you take the entrance road from Faro (the one before the petrol station) follow it down, towards the sea rather than into town. You will come to a dead end road, as you reach the end it is on the right. This is the opposite end of town to the harbour and further than the second railway station.

All sounds a bit vague but it is a small place, the development is a small one of 20 houses and 30 flats virtually seafront.

Hope that helps!!!

MP

L

lena green

Thanx MP, I goggle it and found a relatively good map of the site, I will be there this afternoon late. I will add new photos to the site.

L

lena green

Update on Fuseta Ria

Hi All,

Well, I got there and to be quite frank, if you are thinking of buying one here, DON`T...............buy two !!

This is a crackin` little site, rigt on the edge of the Ria Formosa with spectacular views. You won`t go far wrong here on rentals to tourists but watch out the Government are insisting you have a license and pay tax but it would be worth it. They will fetch 1000-1500 a week easily on this site and if you provide a car you own, rent them that as well.

In fact if anyone has one, I just might take it off you myself to sub out to tourists, having said that, I don`t pay that kind of money aforementioned but I do take them for three months at a time pre paid to you. July-Sept.

I`ll drop in again in 6 months and update this for you all, just keep buying the beer
Fuseta Algarve, Welcome

(click on the header Fuseta Ria) Have fun....................by the way, is anybody interested in Solar Energy??? electric that is.

M

manor park

lena

Thank you very much indeed for doing that, the pics are fantastic and yes it has moved along some since my last developer update. I was very taken with the location as well and actually put my money down before before going to ensure I got the unit I wanted.

I may well be interested in the three month deal further down the line, they are due to complete next year just need confirmation of when.

Thanks again

MP

L

lena green

Morning MP,

Glad you like the pics and I must say you certainly will have a nice little investment there next year.
For others reading this who have an interest in Fuseta, as I am there (or passing) at least once a week, if you would like me to look out for bargains for you, drop me a line off board at <snip>and I`ll see what I can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

shw

HI Lena

Just to add my thanks to MP for the pics, looks like things are progressing.... and thanks for your view on the site which backs up everything we felt about it.

Look forward to any more pics you are able to get

shw

L

lena green

Hi SHW

I`ll be there again soon, don`t worry, but Christmas will be the best time time to see if they have bricked in the walls and started plastering. Keep in tpouch...............

P

pollitico

Photos

Hi SHW

I`ll be there again soon, don`t worry, but Christmas will be the best time time to see if they have bricked in the walls and started plastering. Keep in tpouch...............
Hi all,
just joined the forum. we have also taken an apartment at this site and would be interested in seeing the latest photos. Can anyone let me know how to see them we are not sure how the site works.
Thanks

M

manor park

pollitico

There was a link to the pics on lena greens post but he seems to have changed the website and they dont come up. Maybe if he sees your post he will post another link.

When was the last update you had ? I had one at the end of July with a few pics. Nothing happens in August as they all close down, I expect to get my next one at the end of September.

MP

S

shw

Hi Pollitico; welcome to the thread.

As MP says, Lena has the latest photos and maybe he will pick up on your message and re-post. Otherwise, we will be there over xmas and will have some fresh up-to-date photos then. If you get anything beforehand please let us all have them.

Look forward to hearing from you

shw

L

lena green

Hi there Polliticoand everyone else.Yes I picked up on it and here is the site again.

On another subject, the EDP (Electric) have recently announced they are prepared to purchase photovoltaic electricty produced by you at he rate of 65 cents per Kw.Guaranteed contract 5 years.
Now this may not mean much to you but in an area where you are in Fuseta without over casting shadows,a stand alone unit on the roof will work for 16 hours a day thereby producing €10.40 a day or €3,796 a year income for just one killowat hour produced. Your own electric is free !! the more units you place on the roof, the more you get.
If you would take my advice, it would be very beneficial to get a group together and look further into this. The VAT is reduced to 12% from 20% for the purchase and the banks will lend over 10 years
This is a 'no brainer' as the income from EDP is higher than the repayments to the bank and they will lend 100%. In other words, its a no money down deal, payments taken care of and free electric !! If you want to know more, drop me a line.

Tip.Think big on this as 10 KW hours produced would yield 104 $Euros a day or 37,960 a year, you could have your place paid off in a short while.
The banks are lending up to 100k per property

S

shw

Hi Lena, sounds interesting, where do you want the email to?

shw

M

manor park

Lena

Thanks for that, thought you would. My apartment is first floor so technically does not have a roof, how would this still be open to me ?

MP