Furniture Packages in Cyprus

M

Mally

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I wandered if anyone could advise me on reputable companies who could furnish my investment property with quality furniture, including white goods, at a reasonable price. I'm based in England.

The company who I purchased the property through has quoted a price of 9000 Euros, which I think is much for a 1-bed appartment. Another company soon got in touch with me quoting 12000 Euros (I did prefer their furniture, it seemed better quality). I've been told to look to pay approx. 10% of the property price which would put my budget around the 7000 Euro mark. Is this wrong?

Does anyone know companies I can contact in Cyprus from which I can get some info from? Ideally, if you've had dealings with them yourselves, Great! My property is due to complete end of August so I need to start moving on this. The property is situated not far from the Golf course so would be aimed at the Middle to Senior market who would expect a bit more quality than the norm, (I believe).

Any advice anyone could give will be greatly appreciated.

D

danhogan1977

Furniture packs

Hi Mally

I run a Property Management company on the East Coast called Sunset Property Services. We deal in furniture packs aswell as maintenance services. There are some details on our website sunsetpropertyservicescyprus(dot)com of our furniture packs and other services.
I have attached our prices for our 1 bed packs along with some images to give you an idea of the furniture supplied. The file with images of our superior range was to large to upload so can forward this on to you via email if required. Our 1 bed packs start at €6,830 for our classic range with white goods and everything else required down to the last teaspoon. We can tailor the packs to suit your needs ie remove items you may not require or mix and match between ranges. This service includes supply and installation and a full deep clean.
We also have some very good prices on air con at moment should you be looking for some prices.
Please let me know if you would like further information.

Best Regards

Dan Hogan
info(at)sunsetpropertyservicescyprus(dot)com

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I wandered if anyone could advise me on reputable companies who could furnish my investment property with quality furniture, including white goods, at a reasonable price. I'm based in England.

The company who I purchased the property through has quoted a price of 9000 Euros, which I think is much for a 1-bed appartment. Another company soon got in touch with me quoting 12000 Euros (I did prefer their furniture, it seemed better quality). I've been told to look to pay approx. 10% of the property price which would put my budget around the 7000 Euro mark. Is this wrong?

Does anyone know companies I can contact in Cyprus from which I can get some info from? Ideally, if you've had dealings with them yourselves, Great! My property is due to complete end of August so I need to start moving on this. The property is situated not far from the Golf course so would be aimed at the Middle to Senior market who would expect a bit more quality than the norm, (I believe).

Attachments

M

Mally

Thanks Dan for the information. I would be interested in mix and matching. I'll have a look round the website quoted and no doubt I will be in touch.

Many thanks.

L

Lysos

Mally,

Which golf course are you close to ?.

Did you visit before buying ?.

M

Mally

Hi Lysos,

I did visit the area before purchasing. I purchased off-plan so all I saw was a field. No doubt things have changed.

The property will be about 1k from the gates to the new golf course near Larnaca.

Regards.

L

Lysos

Mally,

I wouldn't worry too much about furnishing your property just yet. The proposed golf course near Larnaca airport does not yet have planning permission - whatever the agent may have told you. The government has a bit of a moratorium on golf courses at the moment because of the severe water shortage problems, and there is nothing else in that area to attract tourists. If the course does eventually get pp it will be several years before it is playable.

M

Mally

Thanks for the update, I wasn't aware there was any delays with the golf course beyond the August 2009 opening.

L

Lysos

Hi Mally,

I doubt that construction will even have started by August '09, never mind the course opening. This presupposes that pp will be granted, which is far from certain, even though one agent is offering golf club memberships as a sales incentive !. Disingenuous to say the least, offering membership in a club that 'might' exist at some stage in the future.

You need to work on a plan 'B' as far as a letting strategy goes. Water is having to be shipped in by tanker from Greece so it could be a long time before any new courses get under way.

To keep up to date check out the forum at:

Cyprus Forum Chat - Cyprus Eastern Owners & Buyers Forum - Help For Buying Property In Cyprus

M

Mally

Hi Lysos,

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look.

Regards.

M

Mally

Hi Dan,

Could you send me further info and photos of the superior range you mentioned above by Private Message, please. I tried to send you a PM but this was not possible. I visited the website you mentioned and posted an email last week, but I have had no reply as yet.

Many Thanks,

D

danhogan1977

Furniture pack

Hi Mally

I have just seen your last post. Im sorry I have not replied sooner but have only just received your email.

I will send you some images of the Superior range for you asap. If you would like to see images of any items not on the email please let me know and i will get some images for you.

Thanks for your response

Best Regards
Dan Hogan
info(at)sunsetpropertyservicescyprus. com

C

cosy 559

Hi Mally,

Just noticed your post regarding furnishing your property. Different packages different prices always depending on what you like to have in your property. We at MedBlue , the place that offers you solutions to all your property requirements have complete turn key solutions for your property starting from Euro 7500.00 including VAT, delivery and installation for the standard package and Euro 9000.00 for the superior package which will include silver electrical appliances . Turn key packages will save you time and they will include even the egg cups.
Please do let me know if youi do require more info on our packages and services
Regards
The MedBlue Team

M

Mally

Hi Dan,
I've received the photos. Thanks for this. I will be in touch soon.

The MedBlue Team,
Hi, As you can see I'm still keeping options open and looking around. If you offer quality furniture and value for money, do you have any photos available for me to look at? Please get in touch.

Regards.

C

cosy 559

Furniture package in cyprus

Hi Mally,

Thanks for the reply . Will be sending you more info and photos of the packages and yes we do offer quality furniture at affordable prices . We at MedBlue are aiming at offering good value for money and all the packages are tailored made to suit every client's needs. If you know how much you would like to spend we can arrange a package that will be tailored made to suit your budget.

Ta

The MedBlue Team

M

Mally

Hi

As per opening thread, I'm looking to spend approx 7000 Euros, preferably less, to furnish a 1-bed appartment. I prefer oak but will consider pine. If the file is too large, is it best sent by private message?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

L

Lysos

Mally,

Why are you looking to spend so much to furnish a 1 bed holiday let ?. How long do you think the pay back time would be ?. How often - assuming you get rentals -will you have to refurbish ?.

I would have thought - bedroom: bed, wardrobe, drawers £1k max.

Living area - : table chairs, sofa, coffee table, again £1k max.

Kitchen, assuming you didn't get white goods in your deal - fridge/freezer, cooker, washer dryer: let's say £1200.

O.K. you want to impress, so T.V. stereo etc. - £500.

Bits & bobs - cutlery, bedding, soft furnishings, pots & pans: £250.

All very generous estimates.

Go over yourself, hire a van, go to IKEA. Job done, money saved.

C

cosy 559

Furniture in Cyprus

Hi Mally,

Thanks for the info on your budget. As the files might be too large drop me your email address and will send you photos etc . will also try and send them through here .

The MedBlue Team

Hi

As per opening thread, I'm looking to spend approx 7000 Euros, preferably less, to furnish a 1-bed appartment. I prefer oak but will consider pine. If the file is too large, is it best sent by private message?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

C

CoolerUK

Also check out JEWEL OF CYPRUS - They will have alot they can help out with - you can also contact their UK counterpart, Nick Tadd at 4wallsandaceiling dot com.

C

cyprus cyprus

Dear Mr Mally did you furnished your flat???

Hi Everyone,