Furniture Packages in Cyprus

N

norf

hi mally. there is an ikea in cyprus now, that may be an option for you.
norf:cool:

V

val9/11

Hi
I have just registered and wondered if anyone can give me any info re a couple of issues. We are buying a property and due to take posession in November this year. We checked out buying furniture and electrical appliances in Cyprus but found them to be expensive and what we could get for our money not impressive. As we want our apartment to appeal to the middle market we wanted to be selective and chose furniture that we liked rather than a package. The electrical goods also much cheaper in UK. As a result we are shipping a container out later in the year. Can anyone tell me if now that Cyprus are in the Euro is there import tax? Also contacts for curtains would be beneficial. We are buying in Peyia.

Thanks

N

norf

Hi
I have just registered and wondered if anyone can give me any info re a couple of issues. We are buying a property and due to take posession in November this year. We checked out buying furniture and electrical appliances in Cyprus but found them to be expensive and what we could get for our money not impressive. As we want our apartment to appeal to the middle market we wanted to be selective and chose furniture that we liked rather than a package. The electrical goods also much cheaper in UK. As a result we are shipping a container out later in the year. Can anyone tell me if now that Cyprus are in the Euro is there import tax? Also contacts for curtains would be beneficial. We are buying in Peyia.

Thanks
hi val , im kinda in the same positon, although i have already
compleated and got the keys, i too am looking for furniture and electricals....your quite right te cost of stuff does tend to be more expensive in cyprus than the uk but for me i think you have to look at the cost of shipping etc carefully....what im doing is still looking at quotes but i think all in all its more cost effective getting the stuff in cyprus...at the moment its pointing to ikea for me but if i can get a package deal out here thats suits my style and budget i ll go for that...good luck val

L

Lysos

Val,

Couple of points; you may get 'stung' for charges importing new goods (you'd be amazed what charges they can think up),and you will need someone at the Limassol end to take care of the paperwork, all of which will add to the shipping costs. Remember that any electrical items bought in UK won't be covered by their guarantees in Cyprus; far better you come over for a week and sort it all yourself in situ. As you are not taking delivery until November there i no rush, you aare unlikely to get any rentals in the winter. In fact, if you look at the glut of properties available to rent and the expected drop in tourist numbers, you may well struggle to get any rentals in season !.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
I agree 100% with Lysos.
By the time you have paid import tax on new items, plus the shipping costs, you might as well buy over here and have the back up of guarantees etc that you would not have with goods bought in the Uk.
It would be different if you were coming over to live and bringing furniture etc that you already have, but to buy brand new and ship it over does not make sense.

Veronica

M

mslambs

we recently completed on a one bed in peyia. company called fine homes cyrpus did ours and they did an amazing job, completly trustworthy. we paid 4500€

L

Lysos

..and just how long will you have to wait to make that back in rental income, assuming you get some income ?.

J

joemac

Hi Dan
You say you cover the East coast of Cyprus, how far would that stretch, we have purchased an appartment at Kalavassos mid way between Limasol and Larnaca and are looking to furnish it soon, any info would be appreciated

Joemac

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Hi Dan
You say you cover the East coast of Cyprus, how far would that stretch, we have purchased an appartment at Kalavassos mid way between Limasol and Larnaca and are looking to furnish it soon, any info would be appreciated

Joemac
It isnt far to Ikea from where you are and they will deliver for a small charge.
It will work out much cheaper that way.

J

joemac

It isnt far to Ikea from where you are and they will deliver for a small charge.
It will work out much cheaper that way.

Thanks for that Pipin, problem is trying to arrange all this although we do have a friend in Limassol who could help with a van etc

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Thanks for that Pipin, problem is trying to arrange all this although we do have a friend in Limassol who could help with a van etc
You dont need a van, Ikea will deliver.

J

joemac

You dont need a van, Ikea will deliver.
Hi Mally,

Thanks for the reply . Will be sending you more info and photos of the packages and yes we do offer quality furniture at affordable prices . We at MedBlue are aiming at offering good value for money and all the packages are tailored made to suit every client's needs. If you know how much you would like to spend we can arrange a package that will be tailored made to suit your budget.

Ta

The MedBlue Team
Can I ask, who are the MedBlue team, d othey have a web site?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Can I ask, who are the MedBlue team, d othey have a web site?
As they are breaking forum rules by advertising and touting for business it wouldbe wrong for any other members to give any details about them;)

C

cosy 559

Hi there,

I dont understand how rules were broken when the other member requested the info and the photos and that is all we done. If we have broken any rules then we apologise .. All we tried to do is to help the other member , and if that is wrong then apologies.
Ta
Medblue Team

S

stua5

Hi..not sure wether this helps but friends of mine and I all use :
cyprusfurniturepacks. net

can recommend, Fulya is always very helpful, whilst prices are reasonable