Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

grays4u

hi we are looking aswell any contacts or help would be apreciated going out in november thanks graham

L

Lynne

Furniture in Hurghada

Hi, am just in the process of buying 2 bedroomed apartment in Hurghada. I am going out on 12th Oct to sign contracts and search out some furniture. My Egyptain partner has told me that he has found a shop with brochures that basically sell whole sets...like the whole bedroom with cupboards, lights, bed tables etc.

I will go with him a few times to seek and find furniture and i will have internet access so will keep you all posted and pass on good finds and prices

Lynne

H

hiszein

also there is a lot of cheaper furniture in Cairo and can be delivered in Hurghada , the shipping cost is not expensive.

H

hiszein

I will try to get you some contacts , but let me know what kind of furniture you are looking for ? there is Kian - Amercian Furniture - Taki - Tagoori
all this are names for shops , I will check if they have web sites
Hisham

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
We came out a year ago to live here and had the same problem having bought 2 properties here.The only furniture shops here have limited choice and you buy the stock that they have on display in the shop.We found the quality not to UK standards especially furniture constructed from wood (as here they use mdf and paricle board).
So we search out a carpenter with a lagre well equipped workshop who made all our furniture by hand from solid wood from our designs at the fraction of the cost .This also included a kitchen custom built.
He let us visit the workshop many times to see the progress and we took many photos.
We are pleased with everything he has made including the sofas,beds,wardrobes dressing tables and kitchen.

Pm if you want any info

Ex-Boltonian living in Hurghada

L

Lynne

Furnituire in Hurghada

Hi all, recently was in Hurghada and went to the Le Passage Mall, opposite the Seagull Hotel, top floor. There is a new furniture warehouse just opened. They do have some nice stuff, delivery is quick too. Prices range from about £800 to £1400 for a full bedroom suite, queen size bed, no mattress, two bedsize tables, dressing table and very large wardrobe. The sofa suite, were from about £600 and included couple of sofas, coffee tables etc. Nice workmanship, by Egyptian standards but not exactly G Plan.

Biggest problem, like most places, will not take credit cards!! Another good place is a large store called Abuashara on the Sheritan Road. Huge place with good selection of kitchen appliances and cookers and blankets. pillows etc.

I also have been recommended to a guy called Ebad who has a showroon or Cherry Street. He has a huge selection, on his computer of all furniture that he makes from the best quality woods. He makes fitted kitchens too. When I go back in 4 weeks, he is coming to measure up and give me a quote. I will post his details and prices then.

Lynne

Lynne

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

Hi All
Thought i would share some photos with you of the furniture i had made by a local carpenter in Hurghada. They were made from drawings i gave him The finished wood colour is your own choice ie: very light to very dark and he can copy anything ..... we are in Egypt after all. I have more photos taken at various stages of the construction of the furniture.

Attachments

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Furnishing Your Apartment in Hurghada

Much has been written on this site about the experiences of owners trying to source furniture shops or manufacturers in and around the Hurghada area.
With 175,000 new properties under construction or planned in the town there is clearly a huge and growing demand.
In the past it has been the norm to fly to Cairo, with trips often payed for by furniture stores, to place an order there, and for your furniture to be shipped and installed.
However, with all this new building there will be many new suppliers setting up shop in Hurghada and this thread should be used to bring together as much information as possible on this subject which is so important to so many members. If anyone has knowledge of new suppliers or has had good or bad experiences then this is the place to come!

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

Hello
just to refresh your memories some pic here of hand made furniture.

SHO

SHO

Theres a new place in Hurghada called Ambiance which has the best quality stock I have seen here with very reasonable prices!! They have just put together some complee packages for us.

PM me for details!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi again you will have more choice in El Ghouna idea furniture have a website and a store in El Ghouna address is Tamr - Henna (Down Town) Building Fba 06 - El Gouna. There is also a very good shop called Nile Kitchen and Bath but they also do some furniture as well address is Hill Parking, El Gouna, Egypt
and they also have a website. Dont know if the do TV's though.

P

propertastic

If you check on the website for the airline you would be looking to fly with, they will probably have their charges for excess baggage listed.

I can tell you now though, that it is unlikely to be cheap. I just checked my local airline's rates yesterday and it is EUR10/GBP7 per kilo over the standard 20kg you get for economy.

I'm not very good with weights, but can imagine that a TV weighs a lot of kilos and so it woud cost a fortune taking it out there as excess baggage. Then there's the chance they will break it anyway.

I think you would be better off buying locally, even if it is a bit more expensive than in the UK.

B

babette

Thought I would start this Thread as I thought it would help others as well as myself.

We have bought Apartment which is fully furnished but we have been a couple of times and there are things you like to change. I have taken over additional bedding, towels, extra cutlery etc:

We are now looking for a larger TV set for the lounge then we can put original one in the bedroom, Has anyone any idea's as to buying electrical supplie's in Hurghada, are they more costly than the UK, if we take one from this country what will the extra on the plane for that.

We was advised in november that we would be better buying toster over here and taking there which I have done.

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP
You can get good priced electrical supplie's at the Zabargad Mall first floor on the right. Do not know the name of the shop but he is the only one at the mall. Same prices as in Europe, no use bringing it with you.
babette

queenie40something

queenie40something

Buying Furniture etc in Sharm

Hi all

If anyone is looking for furniture to furnish their place in the sun I have some good website addresses. I have also found a great Egyptian Carpenter and Cabinet maker ( based in Sharm ) who will make all your furniture from solid wood. You can give him pics from mags or email him and he will replicate for you. He can also replicate kitchens as well. His outdoor furniture was very good and he was charging £25 for a solid wood lounger on wheels ( like the expensive teak ones here ). He quoted me £800 for fully handmade fitted wardrobes with matching double bed with mattress, bedside cabinets, dressing table and large mirror. A large sofa bed was £300 and cheaper for a normal sofa and £90 for matching armchair. dining table was £40 and chairs £25 each. AC units £300 each installed and water heater £90. All his prices included delivery and fitting. He will not make anything until he has personally come to measure up your apartment so everything fits. He can also get TV's white goods etc as well. I went to his workshop to see the pieces he had made and they were of very good quality. I know of 2 different people that have had furniture and kitchens made by him and are very pleased.

N

Nefertary

Furniture that I use

I know a furniture shop (actually it's a chain of branches in Egypt) it's called In&Out the main office is in Cairo str. Makram Ebeid in Nasr City region, i remember there is a Metro Supermarket also near this showroom in the same side of the street. I'ts vary beautiful showroom and the prices are very nice we bought all our new furniture from tyhere and they gave us 10% disc. Very stylish accessories and they sell buy full rooms, what is also nice. As we move to live in Hurghada, to my surprise i discovered their small branch in Hurghada (but sure not so beautiful showroom and choice, but they tild me they can show calalogue and what they have in the storage in Cairo and they send it for FREE to Hurghada.phone numbers

21, Makram Ebeid St.
Nasr City,Cairo, Cairo
Egypt
Phone : ‎+20 2 22240951

Phone : ‎+20 2 22701725
Phone : ‎+20 2 22740863

Fax : ‎+20 2 22701725(Tel & Fax)

they have a web site but i cant find now, if i find I will post.

Hope that it helps :)

D

dave99

Sounds good

I know a furniture shop (actually it's a chain of branches in Egypt) it's called In&Out the main office is in Cairo str. Makram Ebeid in Nasr City region, i remember there is a Metro Supermarket also near this showroom in the same side of the street. I'ts vary beautiful showroom and the prices are very nice we bought all our new furniture from tyhere and they gave us 10% disc. Very stylish accessories and they sell buy full rooms, what is also nice. As we move to live in Hurghada, to my surprise i discovered their small branch in Hurghada (but sure not so beautiful showroom and choice, but they tild me they can show calalogue and what they have in the storage in Cairo and they send it for FREE to Hurghada.phone numbers

21, Makram Ebeid St.
Nasr City,Cairo, Cairo
Egypt
Phone : ‎+20 2 22240951

Phone : ‎+20 2 22701725
Phone : ‎+20 2 22740863

Fax : ‎+20 2 22701725(Tel & Fax)

they have a web site but i cant find now, if i find I will post.

Hope that it helps :)
Sounds good - Ill take a look.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi anybody else found any new furniture shops or websites.
Know is the time to start searching if your development is going to be completed in the new year.
Hi all - in my search for furniture in Sharm I found a company called Contistahl Group. They have branches in Cairo, Alex and Hurghada the address is

9 El Nasr St Hurghada - behind the stadium

They have a great website and sell kitchens and electricals such as dishwashes, hobs, fridges, ovens, washing machines, water heaters, microwaves etc as well as bathrooms and closets.

K

Kim Parry

Mubarak 7

Has anybody bought a villa in Mubarak 7. We viewed one a couple of weeks ago and the agent is finding out about planning permission for a pool before we proceed. I have hundreds of questions regarding the complex and running a place in Egypt. Does anyone live there and if so what is it like living there?

N

nuttybird

Hi All
I am having my own furniture shipped out from the uk (hope i don"t live to regret it!!) its starting its journey next week,and i"m hoping it will be there for 18th April.I will let you all know! So if you see 2 lost and lonely souls wandering the streets of Hurghada about that time........then it didn"t arrive!!

I bought my furniture for my 1 bed apartment in uk for £2000,all colour co-ordinated and lots of home comforts and frilly bits! (as we wont be renting out) the shipping costs are just under £2000.So for me,this was the best option,and it meant that i wouldn"t be wasting valuable sunbathing time dragging round the Egyptian furniture shops in the heat!!

Fingers crossed that it all arrives safely and doesn"t fall off the cargo ship on route!

Hope you all find the furniture you"re looking for!
See you on April 24th!
Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.