Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kim Parry

Can you give an example of costs involved in running a house at Mubarak 7 i.e. is there a service charge for cleaning the streets, how much are the utility bills. We are thinking of having a swimming pool, do you know if there is anyone there who could service this. What facilities are near by, i.e. within walking distance. Are there local shops to buy food etc or do need a car to get to the shops.

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
Hi All
I am having my own furniture shipped out from the uk (hope i don"t live to regret it!!) its starting its journey next week,and i"m hoping it will be there for 18th April.I will let you all know! So if you see 2 lost and lonely souls wandering the streets of Hurghada about that time........then it didn"t arrive!!

I bought my furniture for my 1 bed apartment in uk for £2000,all colour co-ordinated and lots of home comforts and frilly bits! (as we wont be renting out) the shipping costs are just under £2000.So for me,this was the best option,and it meant that i wouldn"t be wasting valuable sunbathing time dragging round the Egyptian furniture shops in the heat!!

Fingers crossed that it all arrives safely and doesn"t fall off the cargo ship on route!

Hope you all find the furniture you"re looking for!
See you on April 24th!
Karen
Let us all know how mutch import duty they charge you when it arrives...

I think you will be in for a big shock....we came to the conclusion when we moved out here 18 months ago that the best option was to have it made here by hand then we could design our own furniture and have it made to measure in each individual room.

N

nuttybird

Hi all
Ive got Pervers international doing it for me,as they moved my brother to South Africa last year,and he was really pleased with them.
Ive had costs for all the duty and taxes at the egypt end,and yes it is expensive,but ive included every cost and unforseen cicumstances in my budget,and taken out every insurance!(i didn"t make this decission lightly!!) so don"t think i"ll have to big a shock when the final bill arrives!! But thanks for all the warnings!

Ive included absolutely everything Jayne!! even down to bathroom fixtures and fittings,all soft furnishings,kitchen utensils,crockery and cutlery etc etc..the inventry list is endless!! We"ll be staying with you if it doesn"t arrive on time!! lol

Karen

N

nuttybird

i have spare bedroom hun two single beds don't worry
LOL cheers hunny.
Can"t flippin wait to go now! soooo excited,i havn"t been since march last year.Really looking forward to seeing all the new shops and how the area has changed.
And it will be great to meet up with people from here (still think we should all wear name tags though!!) I really am crap with names!:(

N

nuttybird

lol I"m just a dizzy blonde too! good job we"re not called sharon and tracey!!

Watson

Watson

Hi all
Ive got Pervers international doing it for me,as they moved my brother to South Africa last year,and he was really pleased with them.
Ive had costs for all the duty and taxes at the egypt end,and yes it is expensive,but ive included every cost and unforseen cicumstances in my budget,and taken out every insurance!(i didn"t make this decission lightly!!) so don"t think i"ll have to big a shock when the final bill arrives!! But thanks for all the warnings!

Ive included absolutely everything Jayne!! even down to bathroom fixtures and fittings,all soft furnishings,kitchen utensils,crockery and cutlery etc etc..the inventry list is endless!! We"ll be staying with you if it doesn"t arrive on time!! lol

Karen
Karen how much was the costings for duty and taxes?

Watson

Watson

Hi Martin
Do you just want prices for furniture and electronics,or cars aswell?

Karen
How does it work Karen on import duty?
Was thinking about which way is best buy furniture and everything out there or send a container.

N

nuttybird

How does it work Karen on import duty?
Was thinking about which way is best buy furniture and everything out there or send a container.
Hi Martin
Cars are silly money expensive,depending on the cc.The lowest being 61% of the value of the car,and thats only for 1000cc!!

For electricals,the duty is 30% of value, and tax is 25% of value. But ive been told that if they are old electricals(or not in box and looking new!!)that you might get away with not paying!(but ive budgeted for wose case cinareo!)

Furniture....the duty is 40% of value and tax is 10% of value.

I also have the rates for computers,books,consumables,clothes old and new.
And a list of restricted items and another list of prohibited items.

It took a lot of looking into!

If you want the other lists,let me know.Hope that helps.

Karen

ScottyMac

ScottyMac

Hi all,

My 2 bed appartment in Hurghada is now ready. Im looking at going out there in the next month or 2. Has anybody else had the furniture made by a local carpenter? Do you have any contact details for them. Whats the Quality compared to with the shops out there and also the cost compared to the shops any more photos would be great.

thanks all.

Watson

Watson

Hi Martin
Cars are silly money expensive,depending on the cc.The lowest being 61% of the value of the car,and thats only for 1000cc!!

For electricals,the duty is 30% of value, and tax is 25% of value. But ive been told that if they are old electricals(or not in box and looking new!!)that you might get away with not paying!(but ive budgeted for wose case cinareo!)

Furniture....the duty is 40% of value and tax is 10% of value.

I also have the rates for computers,books,consumables,clothes old and new.
And a list of restricted items and another list of prohibited items.

It took a lot of looking into!

Thanks Karen great info!!
Lot to take in and decide best route to go:)

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Hi Martin
Have you looked at the practicality of bringing a car in to Egypt? I've got an 11 year old Range Rover 4.2 petrol which is an absolute Gas Guzzler but at 10p per litre it doesn't seem so bad. I only paid 1500€ for it three years ago so the duty shouldn't be too bad. Any thoughts? It would be perfect for Hurghada. Also any thoughts about a possible route from Spain; I've been told driving to Italy and then a ferry to either Alexandria or Tunisia is the best bet?

C

codei

Website for furniture

Hi all

When I was looking at property in Hurghada one the agents gave me the website address of where they get their furniture from. The showroom is in Cairo but they will shortly be opening a store in Hurghada. I've looked at their website and seen the furniture in a show room and it looks lovely and I am considering buying all my furniture from them.

Unfortunately it will not allow me to post the website address, but the shop is called tagoury and if you add a dot com to the end of it you should find it ok.

Hope this helps

Corrie

queenie40something

queenie40something

HI - Tagourys House is now open in Sharm. Here is their website
TAGOURY

I have been advised that the showroom in Nabq will deliver immediately and everything is in stock. Hopefully this will apply for the one in Hurghada as well.

If anyone visits it and has the time can they possibly see if there is a pricelist in store

They advised me that there is a sale on this month. Item number 21 in the sofa section - the sofabed in the bamboo section is 9600le - quite expensive but different and very nice.

If there is something on the website that you like you can email them to ask the price - they responded back to me very quickly ( within the hour ) which impressed me as others that I have emailed in Egypt have not even bothered responding.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
queenie40something

queenie40something

I have got some more prices from Tagoury

Sofabed item 22 in bamboo section is 3600le

Bed in bambo section number 17 is 6720 and the frame is genuine teak

Outdoors - genuine teak lounger item 21 is 1600le

Synthetic outdoors item 5 without stool is 10000 le
item 6 7500le and 7 is 10000le.

Watson

Watson

Hi Martin
Have you looked at the practicality of bringing a car in to Egypt? I've got an 11 year old Range Rover 4.2 petrol which is an absolute Gas Guzzler but at 10p per litre it doesn't seem so bad. I only paid 1500€ for it three years ago so the duty shouldn't be too bad. Any thoughts? It would be perfect for Hurghada. Also any thoughts about a possible route from Spain; I've been told driving to Italy and then a ferry to either Alexandria or Tunisia is the best bet?
Hi Peter,

Not looked into it but will have a try.

Love to have my Rav4 over we could do jeep rides lol

N

nuttybird

Hi Karen

Can you please let me have details about the cost / shipping compnay size of container etc. - sounds like an option to consider.

Hi Dave
I went with "Purvers International" and its costing £1888.00.(they undercut "pickfords international" twice!!) So don"t accept the first quote you get! the size of consignment was 300 cub ft. But this price included them doing a full pack and wrap,and door to door delivery.(not curbside) There are shipping companies that just deliver to Alexandria,but none of the ones that i contacted had any experience of Egypt.So allthough that option was quite a bit cheaper,their lack of experience put me off!
All the shipping documents and arrival time at Alexandria will be posted to me within the next week.Its only been at sea for 4 days! But when i have all the documents i will be able to track the shipping movements.

Hope this helps
Karen

R

Reiska

Furniture in Hurghada

Where in Hurghada area I could find a hood with active carbon filter for my kitchen?

L

lyndsay552

Any idea how much a decent kitchen would cost? Looking for shaker style, light solid wood and black marble top, built in oven and electic hob. Built in tall fridge/freezer and washing machine. Couple of high units and a breakfast bar with cupboards above and below.

Thanks

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Lyndsay I have been quoted £60 a sq m to get a kitchen made by a carpenter in Sharm. In Hurghada you may get it made cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.