Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Egypt fan

Hi everyone

Has anyone dealt with Idea4Furniture / Home Solutions for hard and soft furniture recently ? Any information will be very helpful.

Happy new year,

Haffy
if you mean the one its main office located in El Gouna and owned by italian management I guess overpricing and charge too much search the internet
and you can find out more options and the forum as well

Merry X-Mass

wemyss1960

wemyss1960

How much?

How much realistically as a % of the purchase price of your apartment would you be willing/expect to pay for a furniture pack?

What would you expect/require in your pack?

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

How much realistically as a % of the purchase price of your apartment would you be willing/expect to pay for a furniture pack?

What would you expect/require in your pack?
I think you also need to think about if renting out what are the minimum requirements that the tour operators ask for, they want certain items to be included in the furniture pack before they advertise it.

D

danny

Table & Chairs

Apartment 2b 023.jpg

Table & Chairs custom made by a carpenter in Dahar.

There is a petrol station on the left hand side as you drive into Dahar, the street alongside is where you will find ironmongers and carpenters who will make most things on request. I had a televison stand made as well with drawings and dimensions I supplied and it was perfect.

some of your prices are really good so where you find this dining table for 1460 L.E???

and is there a picture for it?

Last edited:
H

haffys

idea 4 furniture/ Home solutions shop in sharm

Hi there
Sorry I forgot to mention It is The shop in sharm el sheikh Idea for Furniture / Home Solutions, has anyone bought thieir furniture package ?

Thanks for your help

Haffy

U

Ulf & Susanne

some of your prices are really good so where you find this dining table for 1460 L.E???

and is there a picture for it?
Hi Vince,

We are surprised that you could buy all that furniture, kitchen and a lot of other things for £5239. Where did you buy the kitchen? Did you have to bargain a lot or did you have good contacts in Hurghada? We should be greatful if you could tell us where you bought the kitchen and all the other things, except the ones you bought in UK.

Best regards
Ulf & Susanne
:wavey:

R

Reldousoky

Hi All
Thought i would share some photos with you of the furniture i had made by a local carpenter in Hurghada. They were made from drawings i gave him The finished wood colour is your own choice ie: very light to very dark and he can copy anything ..... we are in Egypt after all. I have more photos taken at various stages of the construction of the furniture.
I wanted to support this suggestion as this is exactly what we did for our apartment in new Cairo. In December when we decided to furnish the apartment, and we purchased custom made furniture. We purchased both dining room and bedroom furniture, that included a dining table for 8, credenza, china hutch, armoire, sleigh bed, night stands, dressor with vanity table. These were made with solid wood and glass over the tables, night stands and vanity. The cost was approximately $5000.00.

Before you decide if you want custom-made furniture, be sure to measure the space to be furnished. Also know, that custom furniture businesses do not always use standard measurements in the furniture they make. For example, we asked for a double bed frame for the sleigh bed. When we placed the standard double matress on the frame, we quickly discovered the bed had measurements were slightly different than a normal double bed. The issue for us was that the matress hangs over each side by a half-inch. No big deal, no one can tell once the bed is made anyway. If I had to do it again, I would have measured the matress and submitted the measurements to the matress manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.