Frontline beach property £40k

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flip

I would like to start a thread on frontline beach property worldwide, what is the lowest price you have found frontline property in any emerging market.

I am an investor looking for the best potential growth and many would agree frontline will always have the best price growth & easy to rent as well.

So what the best offers you have seen or invested in yourself? let share the secrets of great investments.

P

propertastic

Cheapest frontline property I know of in Europe is Albania, as discussed in this thread:

http://www.totallyproperty.com/other-regions-europe/4043-adriatic-coastline-investment-20k.html

Personally I still think that it is a little bit too early for Albania. The infrastructure isn't there at the moment. Sure the prices can only increase, but I don't think that you will see the same rapid price increases that, say, Montenegro has seen over 12 months until Albania gets more established as a mainstream tourist destination.

While in most emerging markets which have potential for growth in tourism frontline property will be easier to rent and so will have the best price growth, I think you need to look at the potential of the market as a whole.

For example, you could probably pick up a nice piece of Eritrean frontline property for $5,000. But would it be easy to rent out? No! Is it going to see rapid price growth any time soon? No!

F

flip

Thanks, I think albania is worth keeping a eye on, its location as a country is great i.e short flying time close to italy.

I also like to get in markets early, if think the Philippines is worth a punt as well, it has great beaches and a big expat community living outside of the country but also pouring lots of money back in to property market.

Gerry Pridham

Gerry Pridham

flip,

A long time ago, I worked in North Sumatra, where beach front properties were about £1,000. But looking at the downside, they aren't there anymore because of the Tsunami.

Personally, I would never buy anything at an elevation of less than 100ft from sea level (or within 1/4 mile of a river for that matter). It's not about price, it's about risk assessment.

:)

J

joshteo

Hi,
Have you ever thought of Romania or even Philippines?

Joshua

F

flip

Hi,
Have you ever thought of Romania or even Philippines?

Joshua
Hi Joshua, as you can see above I alreay mentioned the philippines .

I would also agree with prop that Romania is already expensive & its pricing itself out of the market so early on.

Sunny Days

Sunny Days

Flip,
Don't rule out Turkey (some areas)
There are still a few areas with front line properties, next to the sea at less than 40K....not many though. My agency holds 2 'front line' 2 bed aparts both at less than 40K. Extremely lettable 12 months of the year - summer season - very high rental yields and lower yields in the winter.
Let us know how you get on!

P

propertastic

Flip,
Don't rule out Turkey (some areas)
Does anyone know anything about Turkey's Black Sea Coast?

As we all know, everyone went crazy for Bulgaria's 200 miles of Black Sea Coast. Turkey has just under 1000 miles to choose from. It's the same bit of sea, so the climate is going to be pretty similar, I would imagine.

I had a quick look at Samsun to get an idea and there are apartments there (non-beachfront obviously) starting at EUR200/m2.

OK, so there's not so much tourist infrastructure on the north coast as the south, but I think that tourism to Turkey's north coast could take off quicker than Albania.

S

sandals

I think Morocco still has bargains, for example the Paradise Golf & Beach aparthotel marketed be Property Borders Morocco for just 30k frontline golf with sea views.

F

flip

In my opinion the best development by price and location is Regency Beach, where else can you get a frontline beach apartment for just £24k. But I am willing to be wronged if anyone else has seen any other frontline beach development anywhere close to this price??

Whats the best priced beachfront development currently?? anyone know?

N

New Home in Turkey

Even if not right next to the sea, one can found pretty descent property in Turkey for that amount at say 100m/200m from the sea...

Status
Not open for further replies.