Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

French Income tax on IRish property

Discussion in 'French Property' started by Rachelm, Sep 5, 2007.

  1. Rachelm

    Rachelm New Member

    I'm relocating to France and will be renting out my Irish apt. I believe I will have to pay tax in France on the rental income and also declare it in Ireland?

    The question I have is that my mortgage will be higher than my rental income - which therefore seems unfair that I am taxed on rental income, that in fact is a loss! Can anyone help clarify if there are forms or a way I can prove this loss and not have to pay tax?? Also, does anyone know the rate at which I will be taxed in IReland.

    I will be renting in France... if that makes any additional difference...
    Thanks for you help!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page