Free Resource - The importance of forum discussion

• Thread starter totallyproperty
  • Start date
T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
General Property Investment Discussion

Real estate has always been the most popular and accessible investment vehicle of choice for those looking to build their income now and in retirement, and will continue to be so well into the future. Whether you look at traditional buy-to-lets, HMOs, land development, Joint Ventures or Fractional Ownership, there are so many options to spread your risk, maximise your returns and benefit from the general long-term upward trend in property prices. Before you commit to a specific location or country, investment strategy or partnership, take advantage of our international property forum which offers the perfect platform to discuss your potential future plans.

Always have a plan

When looking at any investment market you should always way up the risk verses the rewards, have an entry plan and an exit plan. Unless you have a strategy to focus on it is very easy to get waylaid and lose focus on your long-term property investment goals. It may seem a little bizarre to have an exit strategy before you have even entered the real estate market but you do need to have a final goal in mind. Are you investing for additional income now to build a better lifestyle? Will real estate be part of your long-term retirement plan? These are just some of the questions you will need to ask yourself before entering the market.

Play to your strengths

In many ways you should look at a career in property investment as simply that, “a career”. If you take a step back and look at the situation from a distance, if were looking to begin a more traditional career then you would play to your strengths. You should have exactly the same mentality when looking at property investment, play to your strengths, learn as much about the markets as you can and above all bring in third parties to do tasks where you have little or no experience.

Over the years you will learn new skills, new strategies and make more contacts, but your best return on investment is to focus on your strengths and bring in others to fill any skills gaps.

Never stop learning

Even the most successful property investment entrepreneurs never stop learning. As international property markets and investment strategies continue to evolve, you need to expand your knowledge and skills alongside them. Nicholas Wallwork (the Property Forum’s owner) is the perfect example of this, and despite his already successful career is extremely passionate about his own continued education in property and also making it more accessible to others (hence this forum). Education allows us to have confidence in our own decisions, helps us reduce any risk in our property investments and eventually means we require less input from others, all factors which ultimately increase our profits and reduce our losses.

Over the years you will learn it is very easy to take a profit but very difficult to take a loss and admit that you got it wrong. One bad loss can in theory wipe out a number of your profitable ventures leaving you with nothing to show for your hard work. Follow the markets at all times, even markets in which you have little interest, because a general understanding of how investment markets work, how the minds of investors turn and how trends emerge will be priceless going forward.

Conclusion

To be successful in anything, you need to be as knowledgeable about your subject as possible. Property markets, investment strategies, world economics and finance options will never stop evolving and the only way to ensure a successful long-term career in property investment is simply to never stop learning and sharing. We hope you benefit from using the largest international property forum for this very reason and look forward to learning alongside you.

N

nmb

One thing that concerns me about the property investment market is those who feel as if they know it all. In my mind, once you stop learning and think that you have "cracked the market" this is when it will all go horribly wrong. Adapt to different environments, research different strategies and never stop learning.

N

nmb

Marketing has changed dramatically over the years and the internet is the only place to be for maximum exposure. Most buyers today want to view and read about properties from the comfort of their armchair late at night. You couldnt do that 40 years ago!

J

John Scott

Quite healthy discussion on real estate. Real estate forums are a great way to discuss, share and improve knowledge about real estate. I am really very happy to join this forum as I am learning so many new things here. Thanks to all members for sharing this helpful and informative information.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Quite healthy discussion on real estate. Real estate forums are a great way to discuss, share and improve knowledge about real estate. I am really very happy to join this forum as I am learning so many new things here. Thanks to all members for sharing this helpful and informative information.
Welcome to the forum John and glad you are finding it helpful :)

What's your background in property? Be great to find out more about your experiences

A

AliceDShealey

Marketing has changed dramatically over the years and the internet is the only place to be for maximum exposure. Most buyers today want to view and read about properties from the comfort of their armchair late at night. You couldnt do that 40 years ago!
I am agree with your point of view.

F

FWL

Hi @grenstone

Welcome to the forum. What are you looking to do? Discuss property investment? Raise funds? If you could clarify perhaps we could help.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Hi Welcome to the forum. If when you ask when you can start to post your business you mean when you can start to advertise I am afraid it is against the rules of the forum to advertise unless you are a forum partner. If you wish to advertise you can contact admin for details on becoming a forum partner.
Thank you.
Hi Sir,
I am new for this forum. Please tell when should start to post my business here?

D

diyhelp

Very true @Veronica

Too many people see this as a no cost form of advertising, not appreciating the time, money and effort it takes to set-up and run a forum.

A

AliceDShealey

You can buy to let property with 5 – 10 percent of the purchase price in cash.

N

nmb

The vast majority of forums I come across to not ask the earth for advertising so it does annoy me to a certain extent when you see people spamming forums with their own property related adverts. Lets be honest, which forum owner in their right mind is going to let these spams ads remain live?

L

Luke Evans

Yes! This is so true, I truly believe that this is the way forward and the property industry needs to wake up to this!

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Many people seem to forget it is as important to have an exit route as it is an entry point. It is all good and well having a paper profit but if you can’t realise the asset, what is it really worth?

P

pradeepkota

Yes, the internet has changed the way we look, nowadays we recheck and compare whatever we are looking to buy when comes to properties you should gather the maximum of information with you as this will help in making good decisions. There are many real estate portals coming in which provide us the important data that we try to search for. I recheck as many times I can when I try to buy a property (moderated)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Michael Harris

Oh you are so true.

R

Rob Lucey

I agree with @nmb never stop learning. I have had property investments for 14 years as a passive income and pension top up. However over the last few months made the decision to start it as a business with the aim of giving up my day job sooner rather than later. I’ve learnt so much over the last 2 months through, networking, courses, reading books and speaking with like minded people that I feel I am new to this business. Loving that feeling.

J

John Medina

One thing that concerns me about the property investment market is those who feel as if they know it all. In my mind, once you stop learning and think that you have "cracked the market" this is when it will all go horribly wrong. Adapt to different environments, research different strategies and never stop learning.

A

Anitapal5869

Best Property Guide for the Indian, you can check Out t

A

aimedsyed010

Yeah you are right, Its like "ONLY THEY KNOW EVERYTHING"

D

Driptip

Hi Welcome to the forum. If when you ask when you can start to post your business you mean when you can start to advertise I am afraid it is against the rules of the forum to advertise unless you are a forum partner. If you wish to advertise you can contact admin for details on becoming a forum partner.
Thank you.
good