France continues to be the most popular country with British overseas buyers

• Thread starter Nicholas Wallwork
  • Start date
Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
France, Spain and the United States were the top search destination for would be overseas property buyers in the first three months of the year, according to the latest index from the Overseas Guides Company. Its first quarter report shows that interest in overseas property amongst British people remains strongest in these three countries with [...]

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to France continues to be the most popular country with British overseas buyers

J

Jessica Brown

Property in France

Just read an article about France and its prospect as an area for demand with recently divorced retirees from the UK. May add to this trend.

S

Solonge

A lot of suggestions that Spain is more popular....especially now property prices have dived...much lower than French property prices.

M

margaux

Unless you move to Paris or other large city, I cannot see France as an ideal place for a divorcee of any age. Retirees yes, but single life in France profonde can be hideously lonely and isolated. Make sure you rent first and don't burn your bridges

LPC

LPC

Unless you move to Paris or other large city, I cannot see France as an ideal place for a divorcee of any age. Retirees yes, but single life in France profonde can be hideously lonely and isolated. Make sure you rent first and don't burn your bridges
My wife and I have lived in rural France for many years. We know both married and divorced people. I can see no reason why you think a divorced person would be happier in the UK than in France. There are lots of single and divorced people in France, too! Perhaps you are referring to rural isolation - but that exists in the UK, as well.

Personally, I don't see any reason why a divorced person should not settle in France. It is a delightful place to live and crime rates are generally much lower than in Spain.

webvivre

webvivre

Many Brits in Spain are trying to leave and property prices are ridiculously cheap but there are issues about disclosing your personal wealth (so the Spanish can tax you) if you are thinking of moving there.

Renting sounds like sound advice - renting is generally cheaper than the UK.