Formosa Village Update

H

helscon

Hi Helen, Good to talk to you last week. I have written and spoken to Ricardo of Urbinvest today. I have outlined the problems in the communal areas. 1. Unreliable electrical supply.2 No lights in communal areas at night.3.The unacceptable state of the gardens and the pool area.4. The untidyness of all communal areas.
I have stayed at our apartment 3 times since the 12th Jan. The apartments are great but the site is not. It is a worry going foward as to when the site will be finished. Ricardo and Valentino would appear to be helpfull and sympathetic in how the whole project has dragged on. I believe the best way foward is to work with them as I feel they also want the development finished and that all clients are satisfied. Should we be thinking about talking to the developer as a group?I plan to go a at least 3 times in the next 3 months, if other people are interested maybe we should talk?
I have some contacts re air conditioning/washing machines if anybody wants numbers. I agree with you Helen in regard to TV aerials. This has to be done as one group of residents.Anybody got news on a Managing company? I would be interested in being involved.
Cannot wait to get back, its a great place!!
Kind regards,Thomas.
Apartment 106N
Hi Thomas - my solicitor is also on the case re the communal areas. I think a group meeting would be a good idea , because we are all obviously thinking the same thing. Should we propose some dates and see whether people are available to travel?

Heln

T

ThomasRegan

Proposed meeting with Developer

Hi Helen,
I am prepared to travel with reasonable notice, in order to get reasonable flights. However, we are in Fuseta on the following dates, 10th to the 13th April, 2nd to the 5th May and the 22nd to the 25th May inclusive. Would any of these dates suit people?
Hope the completion is coming on ok,
Talk soon,Thomas.
PS how do you become an Active member?

H

helscon

Hi Helen,
I am prepared to travel with reasonable notice, in order to get reasonable flights. However, we are in Fuseta on the following dates, 10th to the 13th April, 2nd to the 5th May and the 22nd to the 25th May inclusive. Would any of these dates suit people?
Talk soon,Thomas.
Hi Thomas

I just booked from 25th April to 2nd May - Ryanair sale yesterday, so jwill just miss you! You become an active member automatically after a certain amount of posts. See below answers from developer to concerns we raised:

1) The aerial that is on our roof terrace was not authorized by us and it is an eyesore and dangerous. It needs to come off the roof before we sign.

ANS; I was told the aerial is installed outside your terrace, in a communal area. This is where the cables are and unfortunately we can not move it. However, we can rise it more, so that no one can touch it

2) We noticed that the lifts are not working? Why is that?

ANS: The lifts are not working because the electric suply is still from the building metter, when the individuals mettres can be installed the lifts will be working. That should hapen in about one week.

3) The common areas are disappointing , and I know this has been pointed out to you by several of the residents – ie there is very little communal sunbathing areas and the ‘upper deck’ is not accessible to any residents. I got the impression that there was nothing more you were going to do on this and that it is now up to the residents? Is this the case?

ANS: I know that the common areas, specially the garden is really bed now, but a new natural carpet will be planted, th pool obviously will be clean and all the terraces around the building. We do appologiase for the inconvinience, but all the surroundings had to suffer small modifications and the weather hasn't been good for the new grass. Between the two buildings the sintetic grass will stay, because this is also the ceilling for the garage and we could not water the grass if it was natural. You can decide on the first Condominium meeting if you want to open the space to all residents.

All a bit waffly...........

Helenhttp://www.propertyforum.com/forum/images/icons/icon13.gif
Thumbs down

E

eric

Hi Helen,
Talk soon,Thomas.
Hi Thomas,
good to add another name to the owners. I think if it is possible to get a group of us to speak to the developers sooner rather than later that would be useful. It does seem that we all have the same complaints. I am going out on the 17th
March to the24th hopefully to have my furniture installed on the 20th. I am also going out on the 20th May until 1st June. It would be good to meet other owners. I also have some flexibility with other dates if given enough notice.
I am interested in contacts for air conditioning and washing machines. Have you purchased yours? My apartment is 206N.
talksoon Eric[/I]

J

juliepeterfv

hi all, my name is Julie Dickinson. my husband Pete and I live in apt 303 (n). We would like to install a tv dish, but are not sure were to put it, or if every one will join together as a group and get one dish, we are a bit fed up with watching dvd's. We have been living here since the 16th feb, so if anyone would like are help, please let us know. It looks like thhe main elec is being supplied, the grass area around the pool has been tidied up, I think the lifts will soon be working. the weather is lovely, hope to see you all soon.

H

helscon

Hi Julie

Our appt is in the other block and we did have a very ugly aerial attached to the roof terrace, which in the process of being taken down and moved somewhere else, as we didn't request it and didn't want it on our terrace.

We were told it is for terrestrial TV , so I wonder if there is one your side? At least you may get some TV while we organise Digital?

Or, another point, do we need to install aerials for terrestrial if we just want digital? If not we would be better off telling them to remove these all together as they are a real eyesore.

The developer was unable to tell us who erected this aerial.

Helen

H

helscon

hi all, my name is Julie Dickinson. my husband Pete and I live in apt 303 (n). We would like to install a tv dish, but are not sure were to put it, or if every one will join together as a group and get one dish, we are a bit fed up with watching dvd's. We have been living here since the 16th feb, so if anyone would like are help, please let us know. It looks like thhe main elec is being supplied, the grass area around the pool has been tidied up, I think the lifts will soon be working. the weather is lovely, hope to see you all soon.
Hi Julie
have you got broadband in the appartment?

Helen

E

Elaine O Neill

formosa village

Hi all,

Just back from Portugal and plan to retun mid May. We met with Julie and Pete they were a great help, where to go, who to talk to and what to look out for. We had airconditioning installed by Confort in Tavira on their recommendation and I could not fault them they arrived on time,, installed everything tidied up and demonstrated the system with very good english.

Our apt. is 104N on the ground floor and for this reason we have some concerns about opening up the area between the two blocks.

We all seem to have similar issues, we have sent a snag list to the solictor and are awaiting a reply.

We will be in Fuseta from the 17th to the 25th May and hope this coinsides with other owners.

Talk soon
Paul and Elaine

L

Linda0808

Hi Paul & Elaine

It's Linda & James here - we met you while we were there & also met Julie & Pete. We are also ground floor 102 & 103P. We had the same concerns about opening up the area between both Appts. We will be over in April either Easter week-end or the following & I will also be there from 20th-25th May

Hopefully, we can get a meeting organised & get all issues sorted & maybe for the people that are not able to attend somebody can come on the site & highlight topics discussed & possible answers. That way we can get instant feed-back.

Linda & James

Julie - its great to hear that they are connecting electricity - Thanks for that update

S

Simo

Simon & Jaya

Hello,

I have just joined this forum .We have bought Apt n201, we completed on the 26 February. Have had a snagging check done and there are a few minor problems to rectify. We are coming out on the 28th March for a week so will inspect ourselves then.

A meeting of the owners seems like a good idea , we are likely to come out again in May , once the furniture is in. Agree that the Astro turf between the blocks does not look good.The suggestion of wood chippings sounds reasonable wiith potted plants as well maybe?

We are from Colchester in Essex ,incidentally .

Regards

Simon & Jaya

I

Ian and Susan

formosa village

Hello
We have bought appt 205 P. We are Ian and Susan from Ilkley Yorkshire. We have been twice since January and have paid in full. Like all the other comments we are very concerned about all the points made about the external issues. We would be very keen to be part of a group approach to put further pressure on the developers. We would also be keen to ask the council to provide a permanent waste solution in the street. While we were there it was windy with waste from the bins being blown into the pool.
Ian and Susan

T

ThomasRegan

Hi Peter&Julie, its good to hear from you and thanks for keeping an eye on my apartment (106N). Its also good to hear the views of Helen,Eric,Linda,Elaine and Simon and Jane. You guys, it would appear, are becoming a major contact on site, as you are already there. You lucky people!
Lorraine and I are visiting over Easter,so I am suggesting that if any people are there at that time, we could all meet at our apartment, say on the afternoon of Easter Sunday at about 16.00 hrs.We can chew over a few ideas for the way foward. If interested let me know.
Re your suggestion of a TV aerial, I think it would make more sense to get a communal aerial rather than individual ones, as lots of aerials could become a bit of an eyesore.It might be worth getting somebody in to do a quotation for the building?
Eric, I will get some names for you re washing Machines and Air Conditioning.
Re the open "garden" space on ground floor, I believe it could be very intrusive for residents on that level, to have it opened as a communal area. The project was never designed to have it opened. The "grass" however, does need major improving.
The pool area, we all agree, needs to be improved/made level and either replanted with better grass or more tiles.
Good news about the electricity, bad news is, we now have to pay for it!
Has anybody any news on a management company?
Can't wait to get back, its a beautifull place and I am sure with us all working together we will make it happen.
Listen out for the horn!!
Thomas&Lorraine

H

helscon

Hi Peter&Julie, its good to hear from you and thanks for keeping an eye on my apartment (106N). Its also good to hear the views of Helen,Eric,Linda,Elaine and Simon and Jane. You guys, it would appear, are becoming a major contact on site, as you are already there. You lucky people!
Lorraine and I are visiting over Easter,so I am suggesting that if any people are there at that time, we could all meet at our apartment, say on the afternoon of Easter Sunday at about 16.00 hrs.We can chew over a few ideas for the way foward. If interested let me know.
Re your suggestion of a TV aerial, I think it would make more sense to get a communal aerial rather than individual ones, as lots of aerials could become a bit of an eyesore.It might be worth getting somebody in to do a quotation for the building?
Eric, I will get some names for you re washing Machines and Air Conditioning.
Re the open "garden" space on ground floor, I believe it could be very intrusive for residents on that level, to have it opened as a communal area. The project was never designed to have it opened. The "grass" however, does need major improving.
The pool area, we all agree, needs to be improved/made level and either replanted with better grass or more tiles.
Good news about the electricity, bad news is, we now have to pay for it!
Has anybody any news on a management company?
Can't wait to get back, its a beautifull place and I am sure with us all working together we will make it happen.
Listen out for the horn!!
Thomas&Lorraine
Hi Thomas

Thanks for the invite, unfortunately we won't be there at that time. We are over on the 25th April for a week. You are right about a communal satellite dish, it will be cheaper and less of an eyesore. Fair point about opening up the middle part , I think the idea of plants and stones/ wood chips instead of the awful 'grass' is a good idea.

can you pass me the name of the aircon company? we will get that sorted when we are there.

Thanks again, and look forward to meeting up at some stage

Helen

T

ThomasRegan

Helen, sorry we won't see you at Easter,but soon I hope. Please find Fernando's email address. He did a good job installing both my brother Kieran's airconditioning and washing machine. He speaks very good English and has lots of contacts with other services within the area.
[email protected]
Regards, Thomas.
PS I was in Dublin for the "match"........absolutly had a Slam of a time!!

T

ThomasRegan

Hi Thomas,
good to add another name to the owners. I think if it is possible to get a group of us to speak to the developers sooner rather than later that would be useful. It does seem that we all have the same complaints. I am going out on the 17th
March to the24th hopefully to have my furniture installed on the 20th. I am also going out on the 20th May until 1st June. It would be good to meet other owners. I also have some flexibility with other dates if given enough notice.
I am interested in contacts for air conditioning and washing machines. Have you purchased yours? My apartment is 206N.
talksoon Eric[/I]
Hi Eric, good to hear from you, it would appear that Lorraine and I are just below your apartment.I enclose the email for Air Conditioning and Washing Machine
[email protected]
Hope you have seen my invitation for Easter Sunday at our apartment?
Hope the move is going well,
Regards,Thomas.

E

Elaine O Neill

Hi Thomas,

Thanks very much for your invite at easter, we will not make it as we are not back in Fuseta until May. Thanks again and hope to meet up with you in the next few months.

Paul and Elaine

J

juliepeterfv

Hi Thomas and Lorraine and Sue and Ian also Elaine and Paul and any one else we have met over the last few weeks. All the people we have met so far. have made were we live feel really special. We will be there hopefully any time a meeting is arranged.but the sooner the beter. As regaurds the terestrial tv the developers are supposed to provide this any way(portugese tv) so we have deen told,but we do not have it. Pete could had a sky dish put in with in a few days at a reasonable price.but were told we all need to get together first, so till then we are still watching dvds. If we have any more news we will let you know.

H

helscon

Helen, sorry we won't see you at Easter,but soon I hope. Please find Fernando's email address. He did a good job installing both my brother Kieran's airconditioning and washing machine. He speaks very good English and has lots of contacts with other services within the area.
[email protected]
Regards, Thomas.
PS I was in Dublin for the "match"........absolutly had a Slam of a time!!
Thanks for that Thomas - yes brilliant match! Only sorry we didn't get to see it at Cardiff! Saving all our hols for Fuzeta.

Talk soon

Helen

H

helscon

aircon

Hi , I've been quoted 2700euro for dual purpose aircon . Is that a good price or did anyone do better?

L

Linda0808

Air Con

Hi

Can somebody post the contact details for the Confort Tavira Air Conditioning. Thanks.
Linda