Formosa Village Update

E

Elaine O Neill

Hi Linda and Eric,

Myself and Paul are from Tipperary, agree also about *** no dealing since purchasing, sorry they phone about furniture etc very exp. Good to here from you will be in touch. Will can the Developer and speak to them about pool area.
bye

Elaine and Paul

E

eric

Hi Elaine, Paul and Linda,
You were asking about contact for the developers. We have been communicating with a very pleasant lady called Viviana. Her e-mail address is [email protected] the phone number for urbinvest is 351289389393.
Even if the pool situation is not resolved before completion we can at least flag up the problem in time fir the first meeting. So the more the developer is pestered by other owners the better the chance of a speedy solution.
We have still not decided on air conditioning yet. Also there is no screen around the shower in the en suite bathroom. I understand that we will probably need to do this ourselves. Has anyone else addressed this problem?

Regards
Eric

M

myalgarve

Building names

Hi

At Formosa Village the buildings are identify as:

Edificio Nascente - Building Sun Rise - Tavira side
Edifico Poente - Building Sun Set - Olhão site

Regards

myalgarve

M

MarkV

Both myself and my friends who have purchased have complained about various issues but so far have seen none resolved.I think the area around the pool is a problem and also think we need to insist that the astro turf is replaced.It looks unnatural and is very badly fitted.The grassed area seems to be all weed and in need of seed and fertilizer.I'm not certain that these issues should be left until after completion as surely we are then losing a bargaining tool.If you look on the original artists impression I note they show plants in the central area.
As with the others I am a little dissapointed with the lack of shutters and washing machine and even though its a stunning location I feel the developer has tried to cut a few corners unescessarily.

M

MarkV

Thnaks for the update Mark

Have you heard any news about actual completion date ?

Think it is worthwhile for all tenants to be in contact due potential purchasing /negotiating power for aircon /satellite, any other common services

Please let me have details of the management company
What do you see potential rental income form the apparrtmet

I am actually in west block in appt no 204 so directly facing you!!

What part of the world are you from

Cheers
Declan
Declan
Sorry I have been away and forgot to send you the details of the Property Management Company.The website is Ideal Property Management Algarve | Professional management of your property whilst you are away

Not sure about potential rental income,its a bit of an untried market.

G

Gavin

Hey Mark,
Finally about to complete on my appartment! How did you go about doing your snagging list?
Any tips?
Ta
Gavin

E

eric

Hi Mark,
I understand your frustration about certain aspects of the development. We have been told that the the turf will be re-layed and pots with plants placed as per brochure. Does anyone know if that has actually happened? If so what does it look like?
Part of the problem is that we are trying to solve problems whilst been in a different country and many of us anxious to actually complete having waited for so long. I agree that our bargaining power is reduced once we have handed over our money. However, unless someone is in Portugal representing the interests of the majority of us I think it will be difficult to make the changes we want.
If that is the case then the first meeting of the owners will be critical in resolving these issues and the sooner that happens the better.
regards
Eric

M

MarkV

Eric,Have spoken to the guys at Ideal Living and they tell me nothing has changed apart from the Pool being cleaned. Cant understand why they didnt put decorative chippings in the area between the two blocks,no maintenence and probably cheaper.Astroturf just doesnt look normal in the surroundings.I honestly believe there is far more chance in getting the changes sorted pre completion.Not sure who the rest are using as the lawyer but anyone who bought through *** will be using Ana Viera( I think) and I think its time she started working for her money.

G

Gavin

Thanks for that Mark,
Will check them out and let you know how it goes.
Cheers,
Gavin

H

helscon

Hi Mark,
I understand your frustration about certain aspects of the development. We have been told that the the turf will be re-layed and pots with plants placed as per brochure. Does anyone know if that has actually happened? If so what does it look like?
Part of the problem is that we are trying to solve problems whilst been in a different country and many of us anxious to actually complete having waited for so long. I agree that our bargaining power is reduced once we have handed over our money. However, unless someone is in Portugal representing the interests of the majority of us I think it will be difficult to make the changes we want.
If that is the case then the first meeting of the owners will be critical in resolving these issues and the sooner that happens the better.
regards
Eric
hi Eric we are going over on the 26th to complete ( if we are happy with what we see) - I can bring up any issues then, if we all agree on what we are unhappy with. By the way , do we know how many people are withholding payment based on these issues? If everyone is paying up,nothing will be resolved. My solicitor is giving me the impression that most people have paid .

M

MarkV

hi Eric we are going over on the 26th to complete ( if we are happy with what we see) - I can bring up any issues then, if we all agree on what we are unhappy with. By the way , do we know how many people are withholding payment based on these issues? If everyone is paying up,nothing will be resolved. My solicitor is giving me the impression that most people have paid .
In all fairness I think its what the solicitor wants everyone to think.I havent refused to pay but have asked both the developer and solicitor to rectify the prolems but havent seen anymovement yet.Mark

E

eric

Hi Helen and Mark,
I have to confess that we have paid which in retrospect might have been a mistake. We are not happy with the outside space that we saw in December. Originally it was suggested by the developer that we were the only ones unhappy with the situation. I understood that improvements would be made but it looks like I was just told what they thought might keep me happy.
The outside space will have to be resolved one way or another.It would be useful to know how many others feel the same. If other owners are reading this forum and not contributing now would be the time to make their feelings known. We will continue to e-mail the developer with our concerns and Helen when you go over on the 26th and find you are not happy with development you will have our support and others if you need to raise these issues.
regards Eric

E

Elaine O Neill

Hi,

We have also conpleted on the property, but prior to this we conveyed our concerns about the outside space and living room blinds to our solicitor. They said that they would bring these concerns to the attention of the developer.

We are in Portugal on the 2nd of March hopeing to sort our furniture, aircon etc. and will keep the site updated with any deveopments.

Paul and Elaine

H

helscon

Hi Helen and Mark,
I have to confess that we have paid which in retrospect might have been a mistake. We are not happy with the outside space that we saw in December. Originally it was suggested by the developer that we were the only ones unhappy with the situation. I understood that improvements would be made but it looks like I was just told what they thought might keep me happy.
The outside space will have to be resolved one way or another.It would be useful to know how many others feel the same. If other owners are reading this forum and not contributing now would be the time to make their feelings known. We will continue to e-mail the developer with our concerns and Helen when you go over on the 26th and find you are not happy with development you will have our support and others if you need to raise these issues.
regards Eric
Hi Eric

From what I can gather from the forum ( bearing in mind I haven't been there since September) , the issues to look at are:

- The pool area - false grass looks awful, badly fitted .
- Insufficient sunbathing area because of a slope
- Security shutters , only on some windows , not on all ( although no shutters were promised)

Is there anything else? It might be an idea to forward any emails of complaint that have been sent to the developer/solicitors , so that if I do complain, I won't be told that I'm the only one.

My email is [email protected]

E

eric

Hi Eric

From what I can gather from the forum ( bearing in mind I haven't been there since September) , the issues to look at are:

- The pool area - false grass looks awful, badly fitted .
- Insufficient sunbathing area because of a slope
- Security shutters , only on some windows , not on all ( although no shutters were promised)

Is there anything else? It might be an idea to forward any emails of complaint that have been sent to the developer/solicitors , so that if I do complain, I won't be told that I'm the only one.

My email is [email protected]
Hi Helen,
I've sent you 2 e-mails but am having trouble with my e-mail service at the moment so can you confirm wfether you have received these or not .
Eric

H

helscon

Hi Helen,
I've sent you 2 e-mails but am having trouble with my e-mail service at the moment so can you confirm wfether you have received these or not .
Eric
Hi Eric I received one and replied , thanks for that

V

Vivaespaña68

If the outside areas are unfinished is it possible to withold money until done? Or not complete at all? Also, I was thinking of getting the snagging done for me by a professional, independent company. Any ideas?

H

helscon

Hi Helen,
Eric
Hi Eric

We got back from Portugal yesterday, and had a good look around the site, both with the developer and on our own. We are very happy with the appartment ( no 301 block P - might have got that wrong in my last email!). Our only concern was that an aerial had been installed on our roof terrace- absolute eyesore and dangerous. No one had asked us , so I will be insisting that is taken down before signing.

I brought up the other issues with the developer ( Ricardo). Nothing has been done since your correspondence with the developer. The area at the front doors is a bit untidy looking , but they will be clearing that up in the next couple of weeks. The pool area still has real grass around it and hasn't been replaced by the artifical stuff. He explained the sloping issue as per your conversation with them, none the less , the pool area is very disappointing.

What i only realised this time was that the 'upper deck' area can't be accessed by any residents , it is there for purely for show. A real waste of space . It really should be opened up to compensate for the lack of sunbathing space at the pool. However I got the impression that they won't be doing anymore......

T

ThomasRegan

Hi Helen, Good to talk to you last week. I have written and spoken to Ricardo of Urbinvest today. I have outlined the problems in the communal areas. 1. Unreliable electrical supply.2 No lights in communal areas at night.3.The unacceptable state of the gardens and the pool area.4. The untidyness of all communal areas.
I have stayed at our apartment 3 times since the 12th Jan. The apartments are great but the site is not. It is a worry going foward as to when the site will be finished. Ricardo and Valentino would appear to be helpfull and sympathetic in how the whole project has dragged on. I believe the best way foward is to work with them as I feel they also want the development finished and that all clients are satisfied. Should we be thinking about talking to the developer as a group?I plan to go a at least 3 times in the next 3 months, if other people are interested maybe we should talk?
I have some contacts re air conditioning/washing machines if anybody wants numbers. I agree with you Helen in regard to TV aerials. This has to be done as one group of residents.Anybody got news on a Managing company? I would be interested in being involved.
Cannot wait to get back, its a great place!!
Kind regards,Thomas.
Apartment 106N