Formosa Village Update

E

eric

Hi

Can somebody post the contact details for the Confort Tavira Air Conditioning. Thanks.
Linda
Hi Linda,
I have just got back from the development where we had the above install our air conditioning for 2,500 euros for the invertor system which is quieter and cheaper to run although costs more to begin with and heats as well as cools.
They installed within 2 days of our request and were very efficient. They are also the engineers should any problems occur. Their e-mail address is [email protected]
Whilst there we met a few more members of the development including contributers to this website. So far a great group of people.
The issues relating to the outside space have still not been resolved despite further unfullfilled promises. Only a small proportion have furnished there apartments so far. I was lucky to be able to furnish my apartment through je ne sais quoi whose showroom in Portugal has gone bust but we traced them down to a showroom in Spain and to our surprise they delivered our package ( we thought originally we had lost over 5000 euros).
Looking forward to meeting other members and hope the owners meeting is not too far away. Apologies to Thomas for not following up contacts bet we had already left for Portugal when message was posted.
Eric

L

Linda0808

Air Con

Hi Eric

Thanks for that - will contact them tomorrow. Disappointed to hear the outside area has still not been completed. Can you also confirm that we are now on full electricity (I know Julie said in previous mail it was happening - but just want to confirm its live).

Also, to Thomas (I think thats who issued invite for Easter Sunday) - we also will not be there - but will be there the following Friday for a few days - so hope we can catch up with any updates when we arrive

Have to agree with you Eric - met some other lovely residents/owners while there the last time & if we all pull together with the outstanding issues - I think we will all create the perfect home-from-home

Linda

H

helscon

Insurance

Hi all

We are finally signing in the next week. I am a bit confused as to who is responsible for the building insurance before we appoint a management company. My solicitor is saying that it is ours but it's not mandatory ( small comfort if something happens to it!) . What have you all done? I know that contents insurance is a separate issue , and we won't have furniture in for another couple of weeks but I would appreciate any advice about building insurance.

Thanks

Helen

H

helscon

Hi Linda,
I have just got back from the development where we had the above install our air conditioning for 2,500 euros for the invertor system which is quieter and cheaper to run although costs more to begin with and heats as well as cools.
They installed within 2 days of our request and were very efficient. They are also the engineers should any problems occur. Their e-mail address is [email protected]
Whilst there we met a few more members of the development including contributers to this website. So far a great group of people.
The issues relating to the outside space have still not been resolved despite further unfullfilled promises. Only a small proportion have furnished there apartments so far. I was lucky to be able to furnish my apartment through je ne sais quoi whose showroom in Portugal has gone bust but we traced them down to a showroom in Spain and to our surprise they delivered our package ( we thought originally we had lost over 5000 euros).
Looking forward to meeting other members and hope the owners meeting is not too far away. Apologies to Thomas for not following up contacts bet we had already left for Portugal when message was posted.
Eric
Hi Eric

I tried that email for the air con but it bounced back? Do you have another email address or phone number?

Helen

E

eric

air con error

It looks like I made an error with the air con email. It should read [email protected] a case of dyslexia on my part. Their phone number is 00351281323230. With regard to electricity the developers are currently providing that but there has been the odd power cut. Regarding insurance we have for this year done it through the solicitors but it is not the cheapest option.
I hope the swimming pool is made operable this Easter and that the meeting Thomas has organised is a success. There also seems to be quite a few owners over during the May half term (22nd to 29th) which might be another opportunity to meet. What do you think Thomas?

E

Elaine O Neill

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a contact no or name for curtains and linen . We will be in fuzeta from the 17th to the 25th May and hope to get a few jobs done while we are there. I didn’t take measurements of the window would any one have them so I can order hopefully before we travel.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
Elaine and Paul

J

juliepeterfv

hi all no mains elec no tv@ no phone so whats broadband,sorry on plus side poolclean and running, outside area turffed today, but whens meeting, ready able and willing whenever, but have mobile 00351 936478087, if you requie some help.
see you soon julie @ peter.

J

juliepeterfv

;)
hi all no mains elec no tv@ no phone so whats broadband,sorry on plus side poolclean and running, outside area turffed today, but whens meeting, ready able and willing whenever, but have mobile 00351 936478087, if you requie some help.
see you soon julie @ peter.
phew its hot.

H

helscon

Hi all

I have just been notified by my solicitor that an owners meeting will be held on site , on Saturday May 2nd at 15.00. We will be able to attend as we are there anyway, flying home that night. The purpose will be to appoint a management company.

L

Linda0808

Meeting

Hi all

I have just been notified by my solicitor that an owners meeting will be held on site , on Saturday May 2nd at 15.00. We will be able to attend as we are there anyway, flying home that night. The purpose will be to appoint a management company.
Hi yes I got notice that there is a meeting Sat 2nd May 15.00 also. I will be there that weekend too. Hopefully we will get some finaility on what they are going to do with regard to 'green area' & shutters on main door

Linda

J

juliepeterfv

:(
Hi yes I got notice that there is a meeting Sat 2nd May 15.00 also. I will be there that weekend too. Hopefully we will get some finaility on what they are going to do with regard to 'green area' & shutters on main door

Linda
thank god lets hope a few things get sorted,

E

eric

developer's meeting

:(

thank god lets hope a few things get sorted,
Hi Pete & Julie and others.
Unfortunately I can't attend the meeting ( due to friend's son's wedding) however my Brother-in law Steve who is co owner will attend.
Here are a few of our views that we would like addressing
1. Pool area. I don't know how new grass looks but would still like paving or tiling from edge of pool deep enough to take a sun lounger and built up level to the pool.
2. Artificial grass upper area. Ideally wants replacing with something different but would look so much better in its present state if the were a number of large pots with plants placed strategically. There also needs to be access to clean the area although not for general use by other residents. Ground floor need some privacy.
3. Shutters. The fixed shutters on the utility area are unsatisfactory since birds have been flying in trying to nest and making a mess. Ideally we would like to replace them but need agreement of other owners.
4. Television. I definitely think there should be satellite TV provided from one source only and certainly not a proliferation of satellite disks. Shared ownership would be much cheaper and might possibly be included in management fees.
5. Paint. I would be interested in other owners views on the use of one other paint colour being used as shown on the computerised plans we all had.

H

helscon

Hi Pete & Julie and others.
Unfortunately I can't attend the meeting ( due to friend's son's wedding) however my Brother-in law Steve who is co owner will attend.
Here are a few of our views that we would like addressing
1. Pool area. I don't know how new grass looks but would still like paving or tiling from edge of pool deep enough to take a sun lounger and built up level to the pool.
2. Artificial grass upper area. Ideally wants replacing with something different but would look so much better in its present state if the were a number of large pots with plants placed strategically. There also needs to be access to clean the area although not for general use by other residents. Ground floor need some privacy.
3. Shutters. The fixed shutters on the utility area are unsatisfactory since birds have been flying in trying to nest and making a mess. Ideally we would like to replace them but need agreement of other owners.
4. Television. I definitely think there should be satellite TV provided from one source only and certainly not a proliferation of satellite disks. Shared ownership would be much cheaper and might possibly be included in management fees.
5. Paint. I would be interested in other owners views on the use of one other paint colour being used as shown on the computerised plans we all had.
Hi Eric

Good points . Does anyone know what format the meeting will take? Is it one potential management company pitching or a couple? Presume the developer chose which company or companies are attending?

I

Ian and Susan

meeting

All
We would agree with all the points made re the state of the pool and outside. We cannot be there but would support moves to sort out these problems.
Ian and Susan

R

Rogerio

Apartment 306

Hello, I am owner of apartment 306 in the Formosa Village, just wanted to say that I am interested in selling, if you know of someone interested in buying

It has a fantastic view to the sea, and a huge terrace.

M

martin rush

Hi All,

My name is Martin and my wife Marie and I have purchased 101n. Yesterday we had letter from Management Company advising us that meeting had taken place. We had no notification from solicitor. It is great that things are progressing. We have not been able to get over recently and will not be there until June. Has anyone enlisted the services of a management company for their own apartment. Also is anyone using a rental company? i'd be interested in any recommendations.
Has anyone gotten shower door for ensuite shower as it did not come with fixtures & fittings.

Thanks.

PS We are from Dublin. Town called Rush .

H

helscon

Hi Martin , Andrew and I are also from Dublin , and have purchased 301P. We attended the meeting a couple of weeks ago and have since received a summary from the newly appointed management company. Very surprised your solicitor didn't notify you. We are using Ideal Living as our appartment managers , they installed shower doors in both bathrooms as well as mirrors in the bathrooms. They also furnished the place for us and plumbed a washing machine,I would recommend them, very reliable and extremely helpful. Algarve Furniture Packages From Ideal Living | Quality Furniture at Factory Prices from Ideal Living (Portugal) Ltd - Karen is the main contact.

I will be over in June too - going on the 11th for a few days. Might see you there.

Helen

Hi All,

My name is Martin and my wife Marie and I have purchased 101n. Yesterday we had letter from Management Company advising us that meeting had taken place. We had no notification from solicitor. It is great that things are progressing. We have not been able to get over recently and will not be there until June. Has anyone enlisted the services of a management company for their own apartment. Also is anyone using a rental company? i'd be interested in any recommendations.
Has anyone gotten shower door for ensuite shower as it did not come with fixtures & fittings.

Thanks.

PS We are from Dublin. Town called Rush .

P

Peter1

Hello All,

I am new to forums so not sure exactly how these work!

Me and my partner have bought 2 apartments in Formosa Village but have yet to complete, We are looking for furniture pack companies and was wondering if anyone has any reccomendations? I am planning a short trip to check ot the apartments and was hoping to order some furniture at the same time.

Thanks in advance

E

eric

Hello All,

I am new to forums so not sure exactly how these work!

Me and my partner have bought 2 apartments in Formosa Village but have yet to complete, We are looking for furniture pack companies and was wondering if anyone has any reccomendations? I am planning a short trip to check ot the apartments and was hoping to order some furniture at the same time.

Thanks in advance
Hi Peter,
quite a few people on the complex have bought through Ideal Living and they seem good value for money! You should be able to find someone on the sight who will show you their Ideal Living furniture package. I personally like Planet Sofa who offer slightly better quality furniture at a competitive price. They also have a showroom in England if you want to view the furniture before you go out to Portugal. Their shop in Portugal is in Lagos.
Assuming you are not staying in the apartments until they are furnished. I can probably offer you very cheap accommodation on site if you have not booked anywhere.