Flights

J

J4hurghada

Banned
We paid £900 for 4 people for 2 weeks on 23rd november with XL from Manchester but had to book 4 months in advance, as the weeks get closer the prices go up not down.

A

Ash

GB Airways

Hi All,

I have been speaking to a couple of people who have friends working at GB and Unfortunaltey it looks like BA will be keeping all the A321 (which do the longer routes) and Easy will keep the A320´s. I hope I am wrong but from the sounds of it SHarm and Hurghada may well be left to BA (these are the furthest destinations on the GB network),It would be a real shame as I am sure Easy would do great business there but I doubt the A320 can do the range without really sacrificing the load.

sorry All

Ash

A

awahee123

Banned
I Hope a budget airline soon takes control of Hurghada ,the schedule airlines are just having a joke,especially when you can get further a field for less.

A

Andrew Reynolds

Easy Jet

Possibly better news about Easy Jet Flights to Hurghada, I spotted a thread on a different forum discussing the same subject, the message read as follows:

Hi All

I have just received an email from easyjet confirming that they will be continuing the gatwick/hurghada service and that they will advise me when they are taking direct booking.

Sounds more promising:)

D

DC

That is awesome, I best inform our guy on the ground the good news. Easy will make things super growth. With other big developments coming on stream, they will all want to get the routes, remember there is 55.000 probably alot more units coming on stream in the next 5 to 10 years. If not closer to 70.000 or 90.000 units.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
I understand from my contacts in Hurghada that there are already 175,000 units either in construction or planned for the Hurghada area, and thats without Gamsha. Thats a lot of airline seats!

M

Mark .Y.

I understand from my contacts in Hurghada that there are already 175,000 units either in construction or planned for the Hurghada area, and thats without Gamsha. Thats a lot of airline seats!
No, sorry Peter, that's a lot of beds not a lot of airline seats. Without a good marketing campaign and many other factors coming together (consumer confidence, area stability etc etc) it will remain a lot of beds and not a lot of airline seats.

Mark .Y.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

You are absolutely right; but I am ever the optomist. Are you involved in the travel/airline industry Mark? We need an insite into what makes these guys recognise a huge potential market when they see one....

M

Mark .Y.

You are absolutely right; but I am ever the optomist. Are you involved in the travel/airline industry Mark? We need an insite into what makes these guys recognise a huge potential market when they see one....
No, I am afraid I am not involved in that industry Peter.
My insight and comment came from previously owning a villa in Kissimmee (by Disney World). We successfully rented that out but sold up a couple of years ago as the amount of new building looked to be never ending.
Those who watch the Florida property market, as I have continued to do, will know that prices have been falling for some time. This has partly been caused by fairly recent, foreign (often Brit),buyers believing that 40 weeks a year rental is no problem to achieve. Having paid inflated prices for their properties, they now find that with the huge amount of properties available to the rental market they cannot break even and have to sell up.
I feel very sorry for many of these people as they believed the promises made to them by "over zealous" developers. Many of them have no business background and have been left pretty high and dry.
Back to the real point, I guess the one thing that would really help people trying to rent out would be a concerted advertising campaign highlighting the climate and the (relative) proximity of Egypt. This would require the sort of money that only the Egyptian Government has though so if anybody has any contacts there - try lobbying them. If enough visitors travel such that the occupancy rates of the current flights rise then the airlines will put on extra flights - this happened some years ago on the Orlando routes.

Mark .Y.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

I agree with you 100% Mark; Egypt is just five hours from most European capitals and has guaranteed sunshine all year round. We need some concentrated lobbying of the Egyptian government to spend more boosting their tourism and encouraging more and cheaper flights by relaxing controls allowing budget operators easy access to the regional airports.
This will have a knock on effect in the investment market as it will make Egypt more attractive as a property investment target.

D

dave99

Any other Budget airlines

Anyone know about any other budget airlines looking at the Hurghada route.

I'd "heard" a rumour that BMI may be starting something - or is this old news.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

BMI started a daily service from Heathrow to Cairo in October; we are already using it. Flights cost at this time of the year around 400 GBP.

Peter Mitry

J

J4hurghada

Banned
BMI started a daily service from Heathrow to Cairo in October; we are already using it. Flights cost at this time of the year around 400 GBP.

Peter Mitry
Hi Peter

it that £400 for one person that sounds a bit steap then you have to get over to hurghada from cairo. I pay on average from manchester to Hurghada £250 per person with XL

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

It is certainly not cheap it is a daily scheduled service but we use BMI in conjunction with Egypt Air as we have to get clients out on Inspection flights for max 3 days. We can't use the charter operators like Excel, My Travel Lite or Thompson for that as they only go out and back for one week or more duration, leaving UK on a Friday....we subsidise the inspection flights, our clients pay 350 GBP including hotels and meals. If they buy through us they get it all back.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
It is certainly not cheap it is a daily scheduled service but we use BMI in conjunction with Egypt Air as we have to get clients out on Inspection flights for max 3 days. We can't use the charter operators like Excel, My Travel Lite or Thompson for that as they only go out and back for one week or more duration, leaving UK on a Friday....we subsidise the inspection flights, our clients pay 350 GBP including hotels and meals. If they buy through us they get it all back.
Oh right I under stand do BMI not run from manchester or is it only XL in winter, Thomsons, My Travel some say Monarch run from Manchester but I can never get flights through the internet from Monarch

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

This is a new service from BMI; if its successful I am sure they will increase the frequency and add Manchester flights...

D

dave99

Contact at Easyjet

Possibly better news about Easy Jet Flights to Hurghada, I spotted a thread on a different forum discussing the same subject, the message read as follows:

Hi All

I have just received an email from easyjet confirming that they will be continuing the gatwick/hurghada service and that they will advise me when they are taking direct booking.

Sounds more promising:)
Hi

If you can pass on your contact at Easyjet we can start to lobby them for more seats and lower prices.

D

dave99

Flights plus Hotel cost almost less than flights

Got a deal from Thomas Cooke for 2 weeks in El Gouna in Dec for £700 all in B&B.

Flights would have cost about £600 with transfer so for another £100 for two got hotel as well.

A

awahee123

Banned
Any body ever gone to the trouble of flying from the uk to any other european city then to Hurghada?

A

awahee123

Banned
Lets hope easyjet are on the ball and realise this route will be valuable to them.