Flights

D

dave99

This is a bit of a self-help request.

There are many of us that regularly need to go to Hurghada and therefore spend time looking for cheap flights.

The average price for non-school holiday dates for me is about £280 from Gatwick on a Friday.

I've noted that there are sometimes a few lower cost flights around on some dates but these are difficult to find.

It would be great if any members who find a good deal for ANY date could add to this thread so that other may see if they can benefit.

Please quote: date / time / UK airport / price / airline / agent / web-site if possible.

Thanks

A

andyk2

Hi Dave,

Same problem. Been looking at directing clients through Brussells and Frankfurt, but so expensive. Maybe I should get Belgian and German clients instead! Lets hope it changes soon

Andy

G

grays4u

the flights are so expensive at the moment even dec if this keeps up will not be able to rent out any the brits will be giving it a miss hence no rentals

D

dave99

Actual flight costs

Hi

Just booked two seat with GB Airways for March 2008 at only £220 each from Gatwick to Hurghada.
Recently paid £290 Gatwick to Hurghada on XL, August 31st.

Paid £220 with TUI (Thomson) in April 2007.

No idea where the £350 average comes from on another thread - maybe Glasgow !!!

D

delboy

ba start again in november, they have some great deals, average return 210 all inclusive of add ons
xl have some great package deals for dec, 7 nights hor palace hb and flight for 239 -person

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

What days are they flying from London to Hurghada? I am only seeing Friday flights from Nov. through Dec.

D

dave99

Hurghada flights - BA

Just been informed by BA that my flight for March/08 has been changed from 11:15 am to 01:00pm - very late return times.

Anyone else been messed around like this - I would not have booked with BA if this had been the original flying times.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Have you looked at the BMI flights from Heathrow via Cairo or Air Egypt on the same route? Air Egypt are a bit more expensive but the flights are very comfortable and the service is great.

Y

YVETTE

flights to Hurghada

I have also been looking at flights from Gatwick, the cheapest operator i found was thomson, in January 2008 they have flights for around £210!! and trust me i searched every operator and every different route i could find!!!!

G

grays4u

Easyjets buys GB airways

Easey jet is buying GB airways part of ba and operates the winter route to Hurghada easyJet have said in the months after the handover, the carrier will not guarantee the future of routes that are not successful.
Lets hope they do not drop hurghada as this would be a blow to investors but we will have to wait and see.With XL droping 2 routes this year bristol and birmingham to hurghada lets hope this is not the case with Easyjet

D

dave2u

could go either way if the route stays then they may be more competative in the market place will not know till next year lets keep our fingers crossed

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Certainly the experience of most of our members seems to be that flights are full or hard to get or just damned expensive. Lets hope that the need for more and cheaper flights rubs off on EasyJet and they do something about it...thanks for the Intelligence Greys!

D

dave99

Easyjet statement

Hi

This is a statement from EASYJET

This is an acquisition which both strengthens our customer offering at London Gatwick, our biggest base with an attractive catchment area, and allows us to fully capitalise on the potential of the airport through a larger number of slots. The deal will bring major benefits to both easyJet and GB Airways customers, delivering a wider choice of destinations at easyJet’s great prices, and creating clear value for our shareholders. We expect the acquisition to be earnings positive in our current financial year and in the longer-term we will transition the GB Airways operation to easyJet’s cost base and operating margin levels. We expect to achieve both cost and revenue synergies as we expand our business at Gatwick.”

Hopefully this is good news.

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
Have just found these examples of flight prices going out of Gatwick to Hurghada on 7th December coming back 14th December £247 inclusive.

Then prices for the 14th December to the 21st December is £298 inclusive.

We have a different problem flying from Hurghada back to the UK direct

A

awahee123

Banned
They were definately there guys worked out about £159 in all ,if you are flexible check at the above website put in maximum days either side of your date and you will see the cheapest,also dont put in any departure airport it will give you all the flights in the next 90 days I think.

L

lovesquadsue

Dont know if anyone else is looking at travelling from Manchester (the Manchester flights are normally more expensive for some reason) but found the following:

thomas cook
£254.00 (Total price: 254.00 GBP INC TAX)
» Manchester Airport Hurghada 22/01/2008 Tue, 08:30 Tue, 17:35
« Hurghada Manchester Airport 29/01/2008 Tue, 18:35 Wed, 00:05

Or from LGW (Gatwick)

british airways
£210.70 (Inc Tax)
LGW/HRG 25/1/08 1300/2015
HRG/LGW 1/2/08 2125/0100 (arrives 2/2/08)

These were the cheapest I could find! Plenty of cheaper ones going to Sharm but unfortunately not HRG.

Maybe we should petition the budget airlines!??!

They were definately there guys worked out about £159 in all ,if you are flexible check at the above website put in maximum days either side of your date and you will see the cheapest,also dont put in any departure airport it will give you all the flights in the next 90 days I think.

A

awahee123

Banned
HI just found man - hrg 27 nov 07 21 nights £175 incl taxes
from gatwick 20 nov 2 weeks £196.40 incl taxes found 6/11/07 22.21