flavourfull favourite

I

icywill

:)We all know there are loads of places to eat in hurghada, but let us in on the secret ,where you think the best meals snacks can be had

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi icywill,

I'm sure your thread will bring a lot of good information for the forum.
I am an offender for Mcdonalds,Pizza Hut and Kentucky i'm afraid.
Tried the Bombay Flowers (indian) it was not worthy of it's name,However I have been told it is under new management.
There are a mass of restaurants and cafes in Hurghada,however from one year to the next many seem to change.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi dont know if it is still there but there was a great cheap Italian next to KFC.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
The Fish House is my favorite!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Peter - we went to a fish restaurant but cant remember the name. It could have been the Fish House. It wasnt in Sakala but the old part from memory and we walked upstairs. Very basic but very very tasty.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
The Bull for a very tasty steak always go for the fillet fantastic!

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Queenie went there last june with Egyptian friends it was fantastic and also you get egyptian prices when going with Egyptian's.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

There are two Fish House restaurants, the newer one is in Village Road but the original in the old town centre is best. You wear bibs and silly hats but the food is amazing.

Z

zayneb

The best fish restaurant, probably the one that has been mentioned, is called El Joker, and it is in the main street in Sakala. Very cheap and very good. But no frills. The fish soup is recommended!

P

propertastic

The Bull for a very tasty steak always go for the fillet fantastic!
Another vote for Bulls from me (it's in midtown between the Old Vic and Marriott)

Not only is the food good and sensibly priced, but they also offer free WiFi so I ended up using the place for my office while I was there.

A

awahee123

Banned
The best Fotia is at the Alibaba restaurant in shedwan beach resort.
You can have either vegetarian or try one as a dessert with fresh fruit hmmmmm.

SHO

SHO

My favourite place to eat without doubt in Hurghada is Cafe Del Mar, run by 2 expats...it has a great atmosphere and more importantly the food is fantastic. Everything I have had on the menu has been great from swedish meatballs, steaks, pastas, burgers and the best pizzas in Hurghada!!

And if you spend enough time in there like me you may get the 20% discount card to make an already cheap place even more value for money!!

My 2 favourite sea food places are El Mina near the fish market (the oldest sea food restaurant in Hurghada) and Star Fish in Sakalla at the centre of the Sheraton! Fish House is terrible I think!

For Oriental you cant beat a bit of Felfela which is the only restaurant with a sea view. Great Oriental food and you really should try the lamb shoulder... big feast for 4 people for 130 L.E ..yumm yumm!!

For Shawerma it has to be Kamouna on Cherry street!

Happy eating!

George/ Loves cooking but its too cheap and easy to eat well in Hurghada :)

p.s La Luna is also a good italian restaurant and dont forget to try the interesting menu at Little Buddha!

P

propertastic

p.s La Luna is also a good italian restaurant and dont forget to try the interesting menu at Little Buddha!

Little Buddha was wonderful, but I nearly had a heart attack when the bill came. It certainly is not a cheap place to eat out.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Great Stuff George! You just qualified as the forum Gourmet. Maybe you could do a regular 'Hurghada Good Food Guide' slot? I have already printed out your post for my visit!

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Sorry to show my ignorance, but what is Fotia?

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi Peter,

A Fotia is a pastry like dish,similar to a thin layer of special pastry which covers your choice of filling,wether vegetarian or fruit whatever your preference.
The chef first described it as an Egyptian pie.
The first time I had it was last year,never even heard or seen it before that.
Very tasty and addictive.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Sounds good to me! Damn, thats blown the New Years resolution!

A

awahee123

Banned
Are there any takeaways in Egypt that deliver to your door, anybody have any info on this at all?.
It may be useful information to have for future reference.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
You can get menu's from KFC and McD's with the phone numbers for delivery I do have these but over in Hurghada. First thing you need is the Egyptian Sim card then phoning them is cheap.