ad

First time investor, invest now?

V

vera

İ offer now to all my friends to invest in Turkish property...but not to all cities,specially now is the boom of investment in Alanya,i work here in Construction Company and we have soo much really good property with high investment return...İ dont try to sell you smth and i will not write you here some sweet stories about how is nice here sun is 300 days a year and bla bla bla...no the reason i write here is that is that i know the situation from inside..
As you know or probably somebody dont know here but next year just 30 km away from Alanya (now the old one is 150 km away)gonna open a new international airport,so the price is gonna jump up...+ very good mortgage 1-20 years 5.9% and very good return from rent.
İ will give just an exaple we have a good projact the exlusive apartment 170 m2 (you have to see its like a luxury dream hotel resort) we like construction company sell its now 115000 euro and dont change the prices...But the other companies who buy from us some of these apartments already seling 135000 -140000......and next year it will cost 170000-200000 euros!
İn my opinion to get minimum 60 000 euro for less than a year its very good investment.
Sorry if not interesting for someone information and sorry for my english :)

N

neustria

Re. "I am to do with a development on the coast in Bulgaria!! from articles I have read the bulgarian property market should be able to shrug off the US economic slowdown (I can forward you these articles If you wish). "
Buyers of Bulgarian property of the type you are marketing will originate mainly from areas which have been hit by this ongoing crisis. Therefore it would be folly to assume that Bulgaria will not be directly affected also by this most global of crises.
Warning: Bulgaria also has some of the highest closing costs of any market anywhere. Potential buyers, before they sign, would be well-advised to have have these detailed extra costs set out in writing and with the mention that the document represents the total outlay for the purchase of the property in question. Reason: stealth charges can add another 25% to the cost of property in this country - over and aove the agreed asking price. Buyer beware!
Source: Telegraph Property dated 16 August 2008, page P5
I might add that neighbouring Romania IS feeling the effects of the crisis. See David Howe' article on the Forum under Romania for more on this. In the article which he quotes, he says that sales are so slow that many dealers could soon be abandonning the market altogether

Last edited:
S

Sharjil Lakdawala

A novice investor? Stick to the UK! Choose a University town or city. Ideally, close to where you live. You don't say where you are based. If you can tell me this, I can better advise you. There IS still money to be made in the UK if you buy at the right price, in the right area. I'd be pleased to tell you more.
Kind regards
Michele
I m sorry to intrude mate but currently there is only one place in da world where u can make mind boggling money and thats dubai i am a developer in dubai my self and i also have my own real estae... thers nuffin like dubai.. trust me on dat

I

Investy

I m sorry to intrude mate but currently there is only one place in da world where u can make mind boggling money and thats dubai i am a developer in dubai my self and i also have my own real estae... thers nuffin like dubai.. trust me on dat

Is this a joke?

3 years ago people like me over on housepricecrash warned of the comming crash in the US and UK, yet many unthinking sheep lined up and 'invested'

Dubai is another one for the muppets of this world, unless you invested long ago that is.

You know my freind, the secret to investing is timing - how can you seriously think now is a good time to invest in an over hyped tail end charlie place like Dubai.

The ne wopportunuties lay in the UK, US (due to crash) and of course the new but safe areas with great prospects such as North Morocco.

I'll look at Dubai in 2 or 3 years when all the muppets realise there aren't enough tenants to give them a worthwhile yield.

J

jerrymind

Just a quick background on me. Im 22 year old recent uni graduate and currently working full time. I have a lump sum saved up (20k) and always been keen to invest in property for a few years.
Hi Medion,

Welldone for at least thinking about taking such a leap. The property market in the UK have been up and down, however those with sufficient capital can still make quiet a lot of money.

The first thing is to carry out a thorough market research on the location around you. If you still live very close to your university, I might be the best place to invest your money on. Be it buy to let or anything.

I invested in buying a property when I finished Uni, I bought a place and rented it out to a serviced office company and was a great deal then. So invest wisely and ask alot of questions. Be very careful of "sales mortgage advisers"

jessicatam

jessicatam

I agree with the person who suggested UK university towns, especially for your first couple of investments. If you know where you'll be working when you graduate, try to pick somewhere close to there, so that you don't have to stress too much about traveling for tenant emergencies, etc.

If you decide to go full time with your property portfolio, then you can look at investing abroad - you'll have more experience, and a better sense of where the good prospects are.

S

sha-sl

you can see the proprety market is cracking down . As of now more then 10% of the prices were fallen down , it is expected to go down more in the new year. If, you are looking for buying an property it is the time for you to buy , as you can get with an cheap price.

J

jerrymind

you can see the proprety market is cracking down . As of now more then 10% of the prices were fallen down , it is expected to go down more in the new year. If, you are looking for buying an property it is the time for you to buy , as you can get with an cheap price.
I think this works out in both ways, and YES most of the prices according to you have decreased by 10% meaning high interest rates for mortgage. And the more it goes down the higher we'll see an increase in the IR.

They best option now will be to buy and let or the part ownership which mopst mortgage companies are offering now. This can only be for housing as the serviced office industry has seen an increase in letting too.

N

neustria

As of now more then 10% of the prices were fallen down , it is expected to go down more in the new year. If, you are looking for buying an property it is the time for you to buy , as you can get with an cheap price.
************************************************** ***********************************
That's called a falling knife. Try to catch it if you want, but you'll have every chance of getting cut!

And yes, -10% in most areas still will not even begin to qualify as "cheap" !

A

artursw

buy around May 09 - recommendation

Prices still are going down in some areas in London. Wait until statistics for the first 6 months arrived. Because of current situation all is going to be like reality for Britain, how the real EU looks like… the emigrations statistic will indicate how property market is looks like then easier would be to optimize your portfolio for renting market. Another main factor after first 6months you will see global finical market health, unemployment rise, people faces- sadness or happiness. If you thinking to buy abroad, this is not a good time, because one of the first is Britain who facing market crash, after will affects another EU countries. Wait, keep you deposit in your pocket (cash in king now) once people panic and start selling cheaply. People go mead because of media, don't, read, listen just calculate, observe real statistics, factors.

P

pianomanuae

I'm an investor from dubai who wants to invest in areas around london, i already have cash of 40k pounds and looking for a small three bedroom house ouside london, need to know the prices of villas outside london and where is the best area to invest in.

U

UKand Singapore

why not try joint ventures, partner with 3 or 4 others to get a really good investment.

I'm looking at 3 properties/land investments in Devon & Dorset, with profit potential of 30% - 50%, for example

1) 10 bedroom property split into 3 flats, purchase price just £250K, refurbishment cost of £50K and re-sale value over £500K

2) property with DPP for 5 x 3 bedroom holiday units, purchase price £225K, build costs £250K and re-sale value £750K

3) land, suitable for 3 x 3 bedroom town houses, purchase price £200K, build cost £225K and re-sale price of £750K

I can raise £100K but need other investors to joint venture.
Hi Bill,

One of my target areas is Dorset. I have two properties there already and am actively looking at further investments. Let me know more details about what you are trying to achieve and let's see if we can make some progress.

Rgds,
Malcolm

zanis

zanis

UK Recession May Be the Steepest in over 20 Years

It could be a great time to invest in UK property if you can get the $$. My opinion is that if you can buy a property a the bottom or near to the bottom of a property cycle then its good news. The equity you get over the long run should be good once the property market cycle goes up again.

News of this below

Britain's economy went into steep decline at the end of last year when consumers tightened their belts, businesses slashed jobs and the housing market ground to a virtual standstill, a trio of surveys showed on Tuesday.

The figures suggest the economy has entered its deepest recession since at least the 1980s and will add urgency to discussions on fresh policy initiatives to ease the pain of the credit squeeze.

A survey by the British Retail Consortium showed retail sales fell last month at their fastest pace for a month of December since records began 14 years ago.

"December's performance has historically set the scene for the year ahead, so the outlook is indeed bleak," said Helen Dickinson, head of retail at KPMG.
Read more...

C

ComRoute

If you have the investment capital now, then there couldn't be a better time!

N

neustria

"If you have the investment capital now, then there couldn't be a better time!"
********************************************************************************

They will be saying that in 12 months too...and in 24 months.

You REALLY don't understand how bad things are this time....

T

tomas123

Stick to the UK

Invest in the UK, but wait about a year when prices will touch bottom, then prices will only go up... and you will get a good profit

N

neustria

My opinion is that if you can buy a property a the bottom or near to the bottom of a property cycle then its good news.
***************************************************************************************************************************

...the only trouble being, of course, that you will buy it now and only know later if you were at or near the bottom.

Many people in these forums seem to confuse property whose prices have fallen with property whose price has reached a bottom.
It is an important distinguo... (Real estate agents in particular seem to have problems with this!)

Last edited:
S

stabilo boss

ipinglobal are now doing pre construction syndication in the uk on Flaxby

misspolly

misspolly

joint ventures are very tricky - i was deciding whether to get a joint purchase with a friend but was advised not to.....

P

pbuitenhuis

Just a quick background on me. Im 22 year old recent uni graduate and currently working full time. I have a lump sum saved up (20k) and always been keen to invest in property for a few years.

Firstly i would like to ask on any ideas on acquiring further deposits for housing. Current income is 17k/year with little to no outgoings and can remain that way.

Second, is now a good time to invest? plus would a buy to let market be a good thing?

I was at the point of deciding whether to invest all in one house, buy to let in the uk, or buy abroad but think buy to let is where to start as i want to start building a portfolio of houses. Atm i know its a buyers market and feel refurbishments are not viable yet and many houses are reducing their prices around me which i have noticed since this time last year.

Any help is greatly appreciated, i did start looking at various victorian style terraced houses in town areas where the rental fee charged can cove the mortgage at the rate i would expect to get. These houses are typically going for 90-100k but the areas are just so-so. Anyway thanks for any help on starting up, esp where to look towards and gaining further finances.

[Hi there, this may be slightly off of the subject but i am basically speculating at the minute regarding the possibility of building two detached houses. I am not asking you for a blank check so please read on! I am 28 years old and live in stowmarket, suffolk in the uk and i have all the knowledge, experience, drive and skills to carry through such a project as this, with my eyes closed. I am an extremely talented multi - skilled tradesman capable of completing a new build to regulations. The only tasks as far as practicalness that i would not legally be able to achieve would be to connect an electrical fuseboard up to services and i also wouldn't be able to make any sort of gas installation. I am more than capable of carrying any similar project through to the end in a very organised and brisque manor (meeting deadlines and regulations throughout). The downside is i am a self employed builder and unable to source a reasonable mortgage from any of the leading banks and building societies. I am looking for an investor(s) to invest in this project with myself - somewhere in the region of 100-150k. I am also happy to make this a very personal hands on project for any investor and also very happy to have all deeds signed over to any potential investors name so you would be in complete control and a contract could be drawn up as regards to the splitting of all profits made. The uk property market is declining, however i feel there is still a huge market for houses that are built by one set of talented hands to high specifications - really these types of properties are snapped up in an instant as they are few and far between. DO NOT buy to let, unfortunately you may have already - but you could soon be looking at negative equity.
I can proof many jobs that i have done in the past from new builds to multi-million pound state of the art stud farms all managed and built by myself.
Well thank you for your time and i shall eagerly await your reply - this may just be a once in a lifetime experience that could move on to bigger things!]