First Time Buyers - Advice Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big Phil

Hi,
My wife and I are thinking of buying a property abroad, currently looking at Turkey, more specifically Altinkum.
It would mainly be as an investment with the view to renting it out, but somewhere we could go the odd week here and there.

We have seen an apartment. 2 bedroom in a new complex for around £30k. Its in the process of beng built.
However as I said we are still only at the looking process.

We would take in a viewing trip before we purchase any property.

Has anyone got an advice, any do's or dont's it would all be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Phil

Last edited:
TH4S

TH4S

Big Phil you will get lots of advice,do this or dont do that,

My advice is,find some one who actually lives in Altinkum. who can give you genuine advice, and will not push you into something you do not want to buy,

You have seen a 2 bedroom in a new complex for around £30k in the process of beng built..?

İ have seen a 5 Bedroom Brand 'new' Villa in Altinkum for £34,900,and it is not in the process of beng built.

Ask your self, which one would be a better investment with the view to renting it out,;)

B

Big Phil

Cheers TH4S,
Thanks for taking the time out to reply. We are only in the first thoughts of buying a property and therfore are looking to get as much high quality information and advice as we can.
Also the property is 3 bedroom not 2, (as stated in my orginal post).
The 5 bedroom one sounds good, but again it would depend on where it was situated, ammendities near etc.
So much to consider.....

Thanks again.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi - I am currently buying my 1st property in Egypt.

My advise would be to take your time and dont rush into anything.

See as many properties and developments as you can.

You also need to consider maintenance fees, cost of insuring the building, location, flights from UK, transfer times from the airport etc.

Also get a good recommended lawyer.

Good luck.

Alison

W

waynem

Hi Phil, I have lived here for 3 years. When you buy make sure your contract is done in a lawyers office, not in an Estate Agents office. Also ALWAYS hold money + the commission back until you get your tapu (tittle deeds). I am an estate agent here and I am sick of hearing bad stories. BE CAREFULL

R

resalepropertyturkey

Also If l were you l would consider resale because Bargain buys: Most resale properties will always have a below market price.
What you see is what you get: It can be hard to visualise the finished property from the architect’s plans.
Properties with character: A property that is individual or has a unique style.
Location: Only considering an off plan property is narrowing your choice of location.
Many off plan units come onto the market at the time of completion. Whilst the price will have gone up, the fact remains that they are still a good buy and you can benefit from seeing the finished property

D

debbie60

Hi Phil,

Did you buy your apartment yet ? mines for sale in Altinkum with TAPU ready and fully furnished. Its been a good rental but ex partner wants his share now so genuine reason for selling. My husbands Turkish so no problem with translation either.

Thanks

S

Sunnyshores

We brought an apartment in Bodrum (loads of problems with the developer and UK agent, but thats not why I'm here).

If you're buying as an investment the main thing is make sure you can get rental income from it and that it remains a popular development for resale.

Some general advice would be to look at some of the UK private rental websites and see how many properties are rented out for say July/August - high season. Look at what areas/developmetn are booked out, what facilities the sites have, how many beds, what furnishing, what prices etc.
some sites:
Holiday villas, holiday homes, holiday rentals, Private Vacation Homes by owner
Self catering holiday villas, apartments, cottages, for rental worldwide

Good Luck

TH4S

TH4S

Sunnyshores Some general advice would be to look at some of the UK private rental websites
:confused:

I thought we was talking about Turkiye property,??????????????

S

Sunnyshores

You didnt check the link then ? As it say rentals of properties by owners for rental WORLDWIDE . . . there are 51 in Altinkum alone.

TH4S

TH4S

Some general advice would be to look at some of the UK private rental websites
Sunnyshores Pardon.? You did say it correctly,

51 in Altinkum , Is that all there is..? Thats not many considering the size of Turkiye ,:rolleyes:

S

Sunnyshores

TH4S - are you deliberatly condescending. I was merely suggesting that any site with people renting appartments in Altinkum would be of use for research purposes. Wether it has 1 or 1m on it, it is still useful research to see where they are and what they are charging.

This is not the first time I've bothered to offer an opinion or advice to someone about Turkey and you've posted a message straight back saying I'm wrong. If you want to single handedly answer all Turkey posts then go ahead.

O

onsevim

Antalya, Side is better, because...

There are already 10 established top notch golf courses in the area. Indeed, with over 30 golf courses planned for Antalya region over the next 10 years, Side promises to be at the centre of Europe’s most exciting new golfing area. All of this is just 45 minutes drive from Antalya International Airport, which is served by year-round flights from the UK and Europe.

Side is one of the most attractive and popular resorts of the Turkish Mediterranean coast with long sandy beaches. The antique town centre sits on a charming peninsular, populated by roman ruins, beautiful harbour, places of interest and a shopper’s paradise. The ancient amphitheatre constantly hosts festivals, music and dance shows under the romantic moonlight.

ONSA-PROPERTY - Property in Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.