first time buyer - where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Damian George

post your web site and everyone can see and comment - after the Bulgarian Dreams collapse you are going to find it tough

R

rowlandsbb

This is a general comment but in times like this it is best to play safe and go for the established countries which are now in the downturn but will recover....the risk is when!
Anyone in EU wanting the sun then it is the two favourites....Spain or France
And Spain in general for value for money

Now this comment is for 'life style buyers' but it is the same for investors

Decisions by life style buyers is dictated by personal choice at the time they want to buy and what they can get for their money......on balance 2009 OK

Dealers, who are experienced, can take the risk on 'off location' distressed sales at competitive prices and should do OK in the medium to long term

I can ' as everyone may imagine'!!!!.....go in to detail on the approach both types of buyers should take!!
But in general experienced dealers look after themselves and if I have any products they are interested in or would like me to do the ground work before they come over....no problem....part of my job

Now for 'life style 'buyers a bit of professional advice is ' even today' worth having as there is no doubt that for 'life style'buyers doing it on their own it is not easy

Many think just now that if you can buy direct from an owner you will get a better deal

Mainly not so........even now the mojarity of owners have not come to terms with the price they will get if they want to sell- so the asking prices are too high

The good agents in the main want their clients to have ' sensible asking prices' otherwise it is nor worth marketing it...different world now!

And distressed sales are in the main handled by agents......just now these are the best deals....as long as you like it!
see the Spanish Forum for more post on Distressed Sales

A

arsiniblatyhokom

Dear Chantal,

Perhaps u try to read about Bali???? especially my village is developed very well in property. We have nice beach, river, rice field, mountain view....also good for return investment as well.
If anybody interested here, do not hesitate to contact me again, my email is [email protected]

I

indiainvestor

Hello

Hello,

You can provide links/photos/website so that i can go through and get back to you for more information.

Hi

I feel now that Bulgaria is still moving forward and many good deals as other investors have problems in the UK they are looking to sale cheap in good areas

we have properties new ,furnished just collect your key for as little 29,000 euro

if you would likemore information

please call me

Kind regards

Daniel
Bulgarian Prestige Properties Limited
Tel. 00359 - 886666234

I

indiainvestor

Hello

My opinion will be as follows:

1) Return on investment is doubtful and directly linked to tourism. However, if someone want to buy a property just because they have money and if the ready to keep it vacant then it is a different story.

2) According to me, i would prefer where more industrialization is happening and as a result people move to that place. This provided you enough opportunity for high rental income and proerty value.

3) Funding - If I depend on loan, who will provide me loan. Read with point 1.

4) It is better to be in a big country/city compared a Island where property risk is high, particularly when surronded by water. As i said, it will be my second choice compared to a metro city.

I don't differentiate between developed city or a developing/emerging cities as long as you have value for money.

For example: In a city called Madras/Chennai, which is by the sea in souther most tip of India, you still a good investment at 60 to 90 euros per sq.ft, where rental income is awesome driven by expats, IT companies etc. Compared to this, you have good investment opportunity in Europe pockets such as France, Belgium etc and in the US you really have a good investmnet opportunity with lots of houses below expected levels.

Note: please use your discretion in evaluating risk involved, regulations and the goverment rules before considering above information.

Just wondered whether anyone had considered Vanuatu as according to the World Travel & Tourism Council, it is:
- showing 6.3% growth
- 38% GDP comes from tourism
- ranked 12th of 176, fastest growing economy
- ranked 1st fastesr growing in Australasia/Asia-Pacific
- pure financial Tax haven
- still has 'emerging' status and will continue to do so for sometime unlike Seychelles and Mauritius
- governed by English Law.
- 2 hour flight from Brisbane
- 1 and half hour flight from Fiji
- Flights into region have increased by 30% year on year
- P&O Cruises have increased by 80%
- population of just 230,000 approx

What are people's thoughts?

D

DLDA

My opinion will be as follows:

1) Return on investment is doubtful and directly linked to tourism. However, if someone want to buy a property just because they have money and if the ready to keep it vacant then it is a different story.

2) According to me, i would prefer where more industrialization is happening and as a result people move to that place. This provided you enough opportunity for high rental income and proerty value.

3) Funding - If I depend on loan, who will provide me loan. Read with point 1.

4) It is better to be in a big country/city compared a Island where property risk is high, particularly when surronded by water. As i said, it will be my second choice compared to a metro city.

I don't differentiate between developed city or a developing/emerging cities as long as you have value for money.

For example: In a city called Madras/Chennai, which is by the sea in souther most tip of India, you still a good investment at 60 to 90 euros per sq.ft, where rental income is awesome driven by expats, IT companies etc. Compared to this, you have good investment opportunity in Europe pockets such as France, Belgium etc and in the US you really have a good investmnet opportunity with lots of houses below expected levels.

Note: please use your discretion in evaluating risk involved, regulations and the goverment rules before considering above information.
With regard to the return on investment, the base investment property on a resort development has risen from approx £90,000 in 2006 to £120,000 today, thats a rise of 33% over 3 years. Resorts there have 93% occupancy rate.

In terms of inustialisation; construction has been growing significantly, especially given the US$65m from the Millenium Challenge Fund, closely follwed by natural resources and farming. Although already a tax haven, it is looking to become an International Finance Centre; has Bredbank already joining established Pacific banks, ANZ and Westpac, along with National Bank of Vanuatu.

Vanuatu already has a large expatriat community of some 50,000 (just over a 5th of the islands population) benefitting from being subject to English law and property prices are almost 10th of coastal properties in Australia and New Zealand. People moving there isn't an issue surely?!

Currently, ANZ are offering 75% LTV mortgages and most developers offer vendor finance.

The big country vs. Island comment baffled me somewhat; isn't the UK an island??? And surely the UK started somewhere.

Damian

I

indiainvestor

Hello

Hello,

I don't mind writing to you. Do you have any concern on putting your website link on the forum? do let me know.

Hi

Thank you for your inquiry if you would like to email me direct on [email protected]

We can give you more info on the apartment and pictures

Thank you

Daniel

I

indiainvestor

hi

Hi,

I did not comment on the UK. According to me the UK is a country (also an archepelogo).

With regard to the return on investment, the base investment property on a resort development has risen from approx £90,000 in 2006 to £120,000 today, thats a rise of 33% over 3 years. Resorts there have 93% occupancy rate.

In terms of inustialisation; construction has been growing significantly, especially given the US$65m from the Millenium Challenge Fund, closely follwed by natural resources and farming. Although already a tax haven, it is looking to become an International Finance Centre; has Bredbank already joining established Pacific banks, ANZ and Westpac, along with National Bank of Vanuatu.

Vanuatu already has a large expatriat community of some 50,000 (just over a 5th of the islands population) benefitting from being subject to English law and property prices are almost 10th of coastal properties in Australia and New Zealand. People moving there isn't an issue surely?!

Currently, ANZ are offering 75% LTV mortgages and most developers offer vendor finance.

The big country vs. Island comment baffled me somewhat; isn't the UK an island??? And surely the UK started somewhere.

Damian

D

DLDA

Indianinvestor

Hi,

I did not comment on the UK. According to me the UK is a country (also an archepelogo).
I was only joking with regard to the UK, just being cheeky and creating some banter.

My point was the main body of the rest of my last message. Wondered what you thought and whether any of it changed your mindset??

Damian

Status
Not open for further replies.