first time buyer - where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aegean

Watch out for any guaranteed rental incomes as in the main the money being guaranteed has been factored into the sale price and any rents taken are a bonus for the developer. Fact not fiction.

Go for a place which will give a good rental income and Istanbul has a shortage of high quality apartments. In addition 75% LTV value mortgages are available.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
if you need my advice i recomnd you red sea area best rental income ever

R

rowlandsbb

Long way to go for a weekend

Maybe but a long way to go for a weekend and to look after yourself
If you are just starting be safe and buy where you can get to eg Spain
I know many will say that the market is overblown but there are still some good buys and the prices reflect that it is static and very similar to UK market
Less risk now because of new regulations, that is if you buy via the right agents
When you can still get a 2 bed maisonnette in a good location for 104.000 € and with 30% deposit a mtge up to 40 years and up to 15 years interest only[ from a good bank not a builders offer!!!]... the repayments are quite low
Or if you like your golf then why not a Polaris World Golf studio from 89.000 € and be able to play all their golf courses
Any non EU so called emerging markets are risky, if you do well then OK but you have to know what you are doing.....so not for first timers!

A

Aegean

I know many will say that the market is overblown but there are still some good buys and the prices reflect that it is static and very similar to UK market
Less risk now because of new regulations, that is if you buy via the right agents
When you can still get a 2 bed maisonnette in a good location for 104.000 € and with 30% deposit a mtge up to 40 years and up to 15 years interest only[ from a good bank not a builders offer!!!]... the repayments are quite low
Or if you like your golf then why not a Polaris World Golf studio from 89.000 € and be able to play all their golf courses
Any non EU so called emerging markets are risky, if you do well then OK but you have to know what you are doing.....so not for first timers!
Lets be honest buying property outside of your home country can be risky - Provided as you say you know what your doing and do you homework buying anywhere can and in many cases does give rewards.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
best Advice is go to the country youwantto buy your property in and check it yourself, Realty is totaly different than imagination

R

rowlandsbb

Ownership

Can you actually but a 'Freehold' direct in the Red Sea and are there any restrictions for non locals buying?

A

Aegean

best Advice is go to the country youwantto buy your property in and check it yourself, Realty is totaly different than imagination
Totally agree with you but get as much background info you can before going - Internet and this forum will help. That way you will see who is full of BS on the ground.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Can you actually but a 'Freehold' direct in the Red Sea and are there any restrictions for non locals buying?
Yes In Hurghada its totaly free hold and allowed to foreigners to register properties under their name and have the property ownership in Sharm its not a free hold its 99 years benefit contract

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Totally agree with you but get as much background info you can before going - Internet and this forum will help. That way you will see who is full of BS on the ground.
Exactly you ask and we answer your questions:)

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
it was in respect of this post of yours
If you combine all the factors of
stability, desirability, increasing
tourism, increasing demand for
property add the pending shortage
of supply together with the
Egyptian sun giving a twelve
month holiday season, then you
have the perfect combination for investment in overseas property.

P

Pegasus

Invest In Property

Why the investment property market in Dubai has boomed

Since May 2002 when the crown prince of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoom issued a decree allowing foreigners the right to buy freehold property in Dubai, the real estate market there has boomed!

The market is rising strongly and steadily with some new developments selling out off-plan within 48 hours of their release, and certain projects enjoying an incredible re-sale market with contracts swapping at 100% increases in certain cases.

Despite the instant boom following the 2002 announcement, the price increases are expected to continue because properties still offer very good value for money, there is an increase in demand over supply and when you combine these facts with the tax and business advantages offered the investment property market in Dubai is very appealing.

Currently Dubai’s population is the fastest growing in the world, which puts an upward pressure on rental demand and prices of course. In turn there is not enough rental property available to fuel the pace of demand which has further led to an increase in demand for properties and has increased the number of developments being bought off-plan as well.

With Dubai considered a safe city with a strong trading tradition and accepted as an almost unrivalled city in terms of its prosperity, its real estate market is considered a very ‘safe’ bet all round by many.

People who are interested in entering the market but who have not yet got on the ladder are sincerely hoping that the market will cool a little allowing them a window of opportunity. However, all evidence points to the contrary with experts suggesting that the Dubai property market has only just started to take off!

As the supply of property in Dubai is way below the demand, developers cannot plan, release or build property fast enough for the market and in some cases developers have simply run out of land on which they can build. All this creates a situation where the prices can only head up, up, up and away!

With both local and global interest in Dubai’s real estate market getting stronger not weaker the property market is gathering momentum and is set to run-and-run. And if you examine and compare the property market in Dubai to others globally you will begin to understand the potential for growth in the market. For example there is currently an enormous void between house prices in the UK and Dubai and if you choose to compare Dubai to Hong Kong as your global benchmark, you can see how high prices could go.

But Dubai is determined that it will not develop a speculative property market dominated by trading in housing options - a market which can suffer from swinging fortunes. It wants to establish a solid real estate market where money can be safely invested for the long-term. To achieve this goal it is important to bring supply and demand in line and ironically the only way to achieve this is to allow speculators and re-sale purchasers to bid up the value of Dubai real estate in the short to medium term to price the short term speculators out and encourage long-term stable investment.

When purchasing real estate or investment property in Dubai you will find most properties are offered as freehold purchases - although there are a few leasehold properties on the market. Generally a leasehold property is in the form of an apartment and the period of the lease will be 99 years. A cash reservation deposit is usually required to secure your interest in a property - this deposit ranges from £1000 to £3000 depending on the total cost of the property. This deposit is refundable if the vendor cancels or denies you the right to buy, but is non-refundable if you decide to cancel.

Purchasers buying off-plan are usually expected to pay a deposit of 10% of the purchase price when the purchase contract is signed and during the build process it is normal to pay installments, these will differ per developer and per contract but will be to a mutually agreeable timetable over a period of the build.

There are no government taxes of any kind related to the purchase of property in Dubai, adding to the attraction of investment property in Dubai, and in most cases a property purchaser and their immediate family will be issued with permanent residence visas by the government when they buy.

Note : This is study of dubai Market which is booming up ........

Regards

Pradeep
Pegasus Realty LLC

Hi,

I am about to venture on my first overseas property however am getting overwhelmed at 'where'? I am hoping for a short term investment to built some equity. That or a long-term rental with somewhere that's likely to guarantee rental which will pay for the mortgage. Can anyone assist in pointing me in the right direction? The most I read the more confused I get :confused:

Places I have been reading about is Albania, Calabria, and Prague. Help greatly appreciated.

Chantel

A

Aegean

If you combine all the factors of
stability, desirability, increasing
tourism, increasing demand for
property add the pending shortage
of supply together with the
Egyptian sun giving a twelve
month holiday season, then you
have the perfect combination for investment in overseas property.
Well let's hope these factors will ensure "Best Rental Ever" would like to know anybody who has purchased and moved in what their rentals are like. Examples of rents acheived in £'s per week and weeks per year they are renting for.

M

maxclif

I don't see why some people are so negative about investing in Dubai Real Estate. I think its doing and like every other market it will have its ups and downs.

Don't forget Dubai is tax free and you make much more in a short time as compared to other place where you have to wait for years for any substantial results.

P

Pegasus

Properties in Dubai

Hi,

Dubai is going to be one of the major Buisness hub in future.
Investors are investing more and more in dubai property, as they know that the demand is more and the supply is less.

Property market has been achieving recording breaking heights in dubai.

If an investor is looking for long term and quality benifit then indeed dubai is the best option u can ever have.

pradeep
Pegasus Realty LLC

I don't see why some people are so negative about investing in Dubai Real Estate. I think its doing and like every other market it will have its ups and downs.

Don't forget Dubai is tax free and you make much more in a short time as compared to other place where you have to wait for years for any substantial results.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi,

Dubai is going to be one of the major Buisness hub in future.
Investors are investing more and more in dubai property, as they know that the demand is more and the supply is less.

Property market has been achieving recording breaking heights in dubai.

If an investor is looking for long term and quality benifit then indeed dubai is the best option u can ever have.

pradeep
Pegasus Realty LLC
Does Dubai Have the Amazing Weather Like Red Sea?????? Does They Have These Natural Under Water Like Red Sea??? Does People go to spend Holidays
to Enjoy The Weather???

R

rowlandsbb

Last few seats available on Free Polaris World Trip from Gatwick on 16/17th February 2008 but hurry

Status
Not open for further replies.