ad

Finding retiring landlords?

S

Steve Collis

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are looking to rent / buy from older landlords with multiple properties in their portfolios who may be looking to retire soon. I feel there will be quite a few around at the moment as the new tax rules are coming into effect quite soon, potentially giving landlords who were considering retiring soon anyway the push to start the process.

I have my own ideas for ways to find these people, but I was wondering how you would go about finding them? You may well have an idea that I haven't thought of!

Thanks in advance,

Steve

P

PostBrexitInvestor

What about looking for companies renting to the private sector and see who owns them?

F

FWL

You are mixing in the right circles - I am sure there will be some older landlords on this forum.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

My partner and I are looking to rent / buy from older landlords with multiple properties in their portfolios who may be looking to retire soon. I feel there will be quite a few around at the moment as the new tax rules are coming into effect quite soon, potentially giving landlords who were considering retiring soon anyway the push to start the process.

I have my own ideas for ways to find these people, but I was wondering how you would go about finding them? You may well have an idea that I haven't thought of!

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Hi Steve,

welcome to the forum :)

I would recommend using social media (LinkedIn for sure, and Facebook in relevant property groups). Are you familiar with Linkedin for property networking? (I don't want to teach you how to suck eggs if you are lol ;)

Are you wanting to buy properties/portfolios that are local to your area, or in a specific region? If so, contacting Estate agents would be a worthwhile task (to register your details in case they come across anything relevant).

It might also be worth attending any local property groups (such as PIN),because as you know, it's all about networking, so getting the message out there that you are on the look our to buy property/portfolios is a good idea.

If you're happy to acquire rental properties nationally, you might want to do some paid advertising to a database of landlords (and do some marketing activity such as a mailshot).

Or you could set up some paid advertising on Linkedin to create inbound enquiries. It all depends how much time and budget you'd like to put into it?

Hope that's helpful :)

Kelly