ad

Finding out 'who owns a property'

K

kiehugh

Righteo,

I am not sure if this is the right place, but here goes.

The house next to my Nan has been empty for 6 months, according to my Nan they left because they are in debt. As of yet the building has not been secured by the mortgage company or put up for sale. I assume at some point it will be repossessed and then sold to cover the mortgage.

The house has been trashed on the inside and I want it as an investment. Is there a away of finding out what the position is, or shall I just wait and see if it goes up for sale?

Thanks

J

jackie606

You could be more proactive, you can with the postcode and door number find out the owner and in some cases the lender from the land registry website... worth a try and an approach, or your empty homes officer at your local council office? just suggestions
jackie

J

Jessica Brown

All local councils will have an Information Officer or a similarly titled person. You can contact them and they will be able to give you an application form which you can lodge with a small fee to find out who is paying tax on the property. The form requires the address and does ask for other information but you fill in what you can, pay the fee and lodge it and you will get a response with the name of the person, their billing address, the amount they pay in council tax and the length of time they have owned the property.

E

EthicRanger

All local councils will have an Information Officer or a similarly titled person. You can contact them and they will be able to give you an application form which you can lodge with a small fee to find out who is paying tax on the property. The form requires the address and does ask for other information but you fill in what you can, pay the fee and lodge it and you will get a response with the name of the person, their billing address, the amount they pay in council tax and the length of time they have owned the property.
What about ireland?

J

Jessica Brown

Ireland

I am unsure about Ireland sorry. Phone your local regulatory body. Also, if you have a friend in the real estate industry they should have access to a database of sales from the past 20 years or so which you could search the address in also.