Financial Planner

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fabian

Hey Guys,

Thank you for taking the time to read my posting. I am currently living in Spain, but I?m returning to the United States in July. In August, I will begin my new career as a financial planner. My partner specializes only in the US. I?m very interested in eventually working with expats (more specifically in Spain). My five year plan is to get the necessary US planning experience, but try and specialize with expats. I would like to do this so I may have the opportunity to move back to Spain with a profitable career. Do you have any suggestions on how I can prepare myself for this type of direction? I?m not quite sure where to network etc. I will be living in Boston.

Thank you so much for your time.

I

ismael

Hello Fabian,
I have been an expat for the last 9 years. The things that I would be most interested in are:
1) retirement planning -with a retirement home in the US
2) College financing planning
3) Portfolio balancing without an emphasis on real estate

Another things I think would be helpful is an awareness of tax issues for expats and ability to advise and do tax returns. US emphasis obviously.

Good luck!

O

OFS Spain

Hey Fabian.

What company in Spain do you work for?

I am currently in Spain also, working with OFS in the costa blanca.

T

tomeradv

new to the area?

Hi there, If you are new to the Boston area and are going to be working as a financial advisor you are going to have to do a lot of networking in order to grow your business. You are going to have to establish a lot of contacts through referrences, meetings and cold calling. I would also suggest using a lead referral service, this way you can get a head start. One such orginaization has had much success in providig quality leads to financial advisors to help them get in front of potiential clients. Leadsco has been dealing with financial advisors all over North America to get them more clients. Moreover Leadsco's definiton of what a lead is makes it easier for advisors to meet with clients because they are indivduals that are open minded to hear a second opinion and also have a sincere view to take a second look at their portfolio. If you are going to be new to the Boston area who is looking for clients and wants to gain expereince as a financial advisor Leadsco can give you that extra boost to help establish yourself in a new environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.