ad

Failed environmental search when selling home

R

Rubicon62

Hi, I wanted to get some advice or anyone elses experience being in a similar situation.
We are in the process of selling our home and have another house lined up. However, our buyers environmental search has failed due to 'potential contaminated land'. We have only lived in our home for four and a half years and this didn't come up when we purchased it.
Our solicitor approached our council who has said there is an aerial photo from nineteen twenty something with a 'works - possible printers' in the area. There is no evidence that there is or isn't any contamination.
Our buyers solicitor is now conducting searches off the back of the info we have supplied from our council. However I don't know what this is.
I don't know what this means for the sale or anything so any advice or knowledge would be really appreciated!

R

realdeals

It looks like at best the sale will be delayed but it is nt the end of the world - as long as the sale still goes through. Probably best to keep the sellers of the home you are after in the loop so they know what is happening. However, ready yourself for your buyers maybe trying to talk down the price.

It is a little strange that this didnt come up when you recently purchased the property....