ad

Extensions vs Investments? or Increased Property Values vs Improvements which one are you?

Izzie Aslam

Izzie Aslam

So Everyone, Welcome to Property Forum!!

My Title may confuse a few or ,maybe amuse a few :)

The reality of the facts is the headlines says it all, If we are all following something as individuals we are all either following some sort of trend or creating one right?

So lets get to the point there are millions of investors out there investing in different projects such as off plans, commercial buys, buy to let and H.M.O's probably missed a few.. but you get the jist of things right?

What we want to establish is it better to invest into a property and go through the hassle of all the paperwork and sit back and watch the returns or do we want to say hang on a minute I have a Property Which I'm living in and I've never touched it ever since I moved in! so this means maybe its time you will make your house a project and make alterations such as loft conversion, build and annexe or even use unwanted space and make an extra room, which potentially will add more value to your property, rather than breaking the bank with a whole new investment and spending a few hundred grand for the same outcome and return?

Finally lets touch base on the last bit property prices are going up right? whatever the reason cross rail, seasonal growth or just things have changed over the years within the demographic and area you live in, so I see it like this people who have bought a dream house back in the 70' & 80's say for example London the same areas are now worth in excess of £Million + so smart home-owners have taken a different approach rather than being an investor and doing the usual buy renovate and sell on, some home owners are creating their own strong trends and being savvy and using professional designers make their homes look like a home #Sandbanks, mind you these people in my view have spent more money than a buy to let investor would but the end result is to create a dream and maximise the current market value of their existing property, this means if they decided to one day let it out the rental yields will be in line or above the market price and the property would hold enough equity to re-finance and create opportunities for other investments.

your thoughts, ideas & strategies are welcome :)

Last edited: