Exchange Rate /morgage

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simon b

Would it be better to get a morgage in dirhams from a local bank in Morocco to pay the remaining balance on my appartment until the exchange rate improves and then the morgage of, or pay in full in june and hope the rate improves buy then. 15k-20k extra at current exchange rate to pay

any thoughts welcome.

O

Olimad

Hi Simon,

i'm in a similar position and i am waiting to see the details of the rental schemes available nearer the time before deciding on how to finance the balance.

If the rent is paid in euros then a euro mortgage may be the best option and vice verca.

Last thing i want to do is be changing sterling into euros or any other currency at this time.

Hoping to get a mortgage that is covered by rental income thus aleviating the need to transfer any money from uk at poor exchange rates.

Paul:)

D

Damian George

Hi Paul,

i agree with you - the euro exchange rate at the moment is so much stronger than the pound - the bank of england printing money isnt helping

S

simon b

Hi Olimad
Spoke to Azur Devlopments about rental payments they seem to think that money payed to the owner would be in dirhams. So it makes sense to open an a bank account in Morocco for maintence payments and to apply for a morgage to avoid the exchange rate at the moment the pay it of when it improves

Status
Not open for further replies.