Excessive Noise ? - Tonic (New Night Club)

L

Lsab

A new member has just posted the following:

We have just learned today about the open air nightclub opened at the site of the bowling alley next door to coral sea pearl yards away. TONIC

As an investor here I am really concerned . Our apartment was bought for investment and now this does not seem possible.

I am not scaremongering here but those of you who have invested here need to know. We have contacts in hurghada who tell me this is quite a problem. This is the first we heard about it hence, I am not happy in the slightest!

This is not good new at all!!

I assume that this is also of concern to other developments in the area - DP, Regency Towers etc. For some it might be good news of course!! Great to have a new night club of course, but one within hearing, is maybe not so great.

L

lyndsay552

Cara,

R u sure this is a new night club? We went past that area a few times and the music is quite loud but it is actually coming from the Sinbad hotel, facing the bowling alley.

It never seemed to go on past 11pm.

Lyndsay

V

vix

Cara,

R u sure this is a new night club? We went past that area a few times and the music is quite loud but it is actually coming from the Sinbad hotel, facing the bowling alley.

It never seemed to go on past 11pm.

Lyndsay
Whilst out there last week, spoke with a lady that had been living there since March. At the time we spoke with her, she said the night club had only been open 3 nights, and yes she did say it was very, very loud, until 3-4 am ish. Like me, she is on the side that overlooks DP2. Praps Simon can throw some lite on this, he was there at the same time, but not know where his apartment is in relation to this. Possibly not so bad on the Suledor side.

L

lyndsay552

Martin (watson) is moving out on friday, so hopefully he'll be able to let us know.

Is there any kind of noise restrictions in hurghada, or is it just a free for all?

Lyndsay

V

vix

Martin (watson) is moving out on friday, so hopefully he'll be able to let us know.

Is there any kind of noise restrictions in hurghada, or is it just a free for all?

Lyndsay
I think this is an issue which we just had not considered. I know I hadn't. Having lived in Muslim countries for several years, I've not encountered this b4. How about you Isab?

L

Lsab

Bahrain, like Dubai as you know Vix, is pretty liberal by muslim standards, but I've never come across this before. Maybe Zeiad might have an answer to what the law in relation to late night opening actually is there. It would drive me crazy - I like my sleep!!

V

vix

Bahrain, like Dubai as you know Vix, is pretty liberal by muslim standards, but I've never come across this before. Maybe Zeiad might have an answer to what the law in relation to late night opening actually is there. It would drive me crazy - I like my sleep!!
Thinking off the top of my head, would asume that the music will have to shut down b4 call to prayer begins.

L

lyndsay552

I'm hoping that it won't affect us in Regency Towers but we are facing the back of British Resort and i think Coral sea pearl. If its as loud as people say then we will definately be able to hear it.

I suppose we should of thought about it before. There are quite a few night clubs in Sekalla but none that I know of in El Kawser. I guess it was only a matter of time.

Lyndsay

V

vix

Well I always sleep through it, but sunrise is pretty close. Could be very short nights then, but I'm sure we'll get used to it, (maybe). Like living next to train tracks.

L

Lsab

Looked online and morning prayer - in June/July - is soon after 4 a.m. but by end of august it's 5.

B

beccy

Hello
I am a new member today but have been looking at the forum for some time. When i saw this post i just had to add a reply. I have just come back from a holiday with my family in Hurghada and stayed at the sinbad aqua park.
The night club you speak of is called TONIC and is an open air night club and chillout zone run by the sinbad, its attached to the side of the bowling alley which is also owned by the sinbad.
I did notice a few developments by the side of the club and directly behind the night club, i walked past and around the building sites near to it and you could hear the PRODIGY blasting out, its that loud you can feel the sand vibrate beneath your feet.
Its also played during the afternoons, i walked past on a friday at 2:30 and heard it then.
I spoke with someone who was holidaying in their new apartment behind it and they said their windows were shaking and couldnt sleep. It goes on till around 4:30sh in the morning. How bad for people who just wish to have a quiet holiday.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Beccy and welcome. Thankyou for the new information.

This happened in Sharm when they built the new Aquablu Hotel and water park - part of Pickalbatross. Music was blaring day and night and residents complained. They approached their lawyers who approached the owners who in turn agreed to turn the music down to a more acceptable level. The music only went on until 10 at night though.

The ministries of health and environment are planning to establish a national network for monitoring noise levels in Egypt, but no date has yet been fixed for it to begin gathering data.

See Daily News Egypt - Full Article

V

vix

Thanks Beccy for taking the time to inform us. Praps we wont get used to it that easily then. Sahl etc is beginning to look better n better.

L

lovesquadsue

Oh no this doesnt sound too good at all does it..... How far away is this from the british resort? I am trying to imagine where it is in relation to us?

L

lyndsay552

There's a main road between Sinbad Hotel and DP1. Do you know where that is?

H

hurghadad

yes this is very concerning, my apartment overlooks this area and i'm not very happy about it!!

does anyone have anymore info regarding this nightclub and the possible implications, whether it's definite with all permissions in place and possible opening times, noise regulations etc?

regards

ps

i believe that this will also be overlooked by the rear area (sea facing) apartments in the british resort and the development next door (regency something i believe)

if anyone wants a google earth snapshot PM me with an email address

H

hurghadad

also is it possible for this thread or at least the beginning of it to be replicated in the normal forum as i'm assuming a lot of people that this thread is relevant to, don't visit the egyptian lounge or the CSP thread??

regards

B

beccy

Oh no this doesnt sound too good at all does it..... How far away is this from the british resort? I am trying to imagine where it is in relation to us?
The Outdoor Night Club is right next to Coral Sea Pearl....Desert Pearl.... but you cannot hear it at the British Resort. I did notice that it seams to attract more and more people every night , this could be because there is no other night club anywhere else near.