EU corruption dept - Is there such a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

roythepower

The EU is letting all these countrys join the EU gang, to enlarge it, and keep crying about corruption but what exactly are they doing about it. All this corruption going on while people are trying to buy land and property in Bulgaria, what exactly are the EU doing about it?

Is there a dept somewhere in EU land, where you can report the corruption and all the dodgy things that are going on while we are trying to buy land/property. Does anyone know

J

Jain and Chris

You could start with the CEPI and look at their web site.

As they themselves say, though : "Legislation and regulations are on the increase. Europe claims an ability and right to legislate on real estate matters, but also acknowledges that only Member States may define the conditions and the details of implementing access to the national markets for real estate professionals. Furthermore, half the Member States have no regulations regarding this matter or have recently deregulated the real estate professions. As a result, it is very difficult to obtain coherence between the rules of the game, which sometimes vary greatly from one country to another and this could lead to possible difficulties in the implementation of European regulations in the various EU Member States. This means that legal security is blamed, the number of disputes increases and case law becomes important."

Their web site is CEPI

I'll try and find out about reporting corruption for you...

J

Jain and Chris

I'll get back to you when I find out about reporting corruption in EU.

I think the site administrator is only protecting the forum from potential cases of defamation or slander being brought against the site. This has happened to other forums and it is to be avoided!

Catch you later

T

Topcat1961

Banned
I'll get back to you when I find out about reporting corruption in EU.

I think the site administrator is only protecting the forum from potential cases of defamation or slander being brought against the site. This has happened to other forums and it is to be avoided!

Catch you later
I can understand that issue but I do not agree with letting this company advertise their services on this site when they do not confirm or adhere to any form of professional code of conduct. If more people come onto this site having been misled by them then I cannot see how TotallyProperty can defend letting them advertise.

It's all wrong.

M

mickthepropertyguru

I can understand that issue but I do not agree with letting this company advertise their services on this site when they do not confirm or adhere to any form of professional code of conduct. If more people come onto this site having been misled by them then I cannot see how TotallyProperty can defend letting them advertise.

It's all wrong.
I fully agree with you on this one but unfortunately its tricky.
Some companies that are under the spot light at the moment know all the loop holes in the law and can protect and enforce themselves unfortunately.
Some companies are inherently bad, as i have seen one in particular company that will send legal letters if their name is even indirectly mentioned and at the same time bring the same forum to court if they refuse to let them advertise on it and it happens all the time.

I have seen one property company bring a newspaper to court and win, then the property company wanted to host an exhibition in a show hall which was affiliated with the newspaper. The show hall refused to let them exhibit there. The property company threatened to take them to court and not only got to exhibit there but got a far bigger, fancier show room at no extra cost with apologies from the show hall for not letting them in the first place. Equality issues etc.

Really its a bulling tactic saying firstly "you cant touch me", second of all ,"watch what i can do".
But the noose is closing on these companies slowly but surely.
Most forums don' t want the hassle of legal battles.
But i understand your problem 100% with this as it isn't fair.

J

Jain and Chris

I can't find the corruption thing I'm looking for but in the first instance you could try Meglena Kuneva and her team - she is European Commissioner for Consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.