Emerging Property Ltd - scam or serious investment?

Discussion in 'UK Property' started by invisipics, Sep 14, 2016.

1. invisipics

invisipics New Member

I noticed that 'gayallen' asked about this company based in the Uk and Dubai in July2015, but the only person who replied didn't invest with the company.

I'm considering investing in one of their student properties and would really appreciate feedback from someone who has dealt with the company or made an investment with them.

Any help please? Is it a scam or a serious investment?

Thanks.

2. IsabelRP

IsabelRP New Member

Hi invisipics,

Did you go ahead with this investment? Im thinking to invest but trying to make sure that no one has been stung by this company or that there are no hidden costs further down the track. 8-10% seems almost too good to be true.

What do you think?

3. realdeals

realdeals Member

If you have any concerns I would recommend not only researching feedback on the company but also the track record of the company's directors. While I am not aware of the company, or the deals on offer, I work on the old adage, if it looks too good to be true then it probably is. However, that is not to say you should discount this opportunity.

4. Paolo Rossi

Paolo Rossi New Member

Hello everyone....
    I am also about to invest with Emerging Properties.. has anyone any advices

thanks

5. Longterminvestor

Longterminvestor Active Member

6. Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork Editor-in-Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Please see my response in the below video...

7. nmb

nmb Well-Known Member

Nice video reply - moral of the story, don't cut corners on your checks as you might live to regret it!

8. tashi4

tashi4 New Member

Hello invisipics,

I am just seeing this thread and thought to reply.
    I have an investment with Emerging properties in Jubilee court. It was an off plan property and completed sometime in October last year.
    to date I have received 3 quarterly payments. So for now Thank God all seems good. I hope they can continue with the commitment of 10 % for 10 years.

Wish you good luck in your ventures.

Tashfeen

9. Ferdaws8

Ferdaws8 New Member

Please invisipics tell if you have gone with Emerging Property yes or no?
    Thks

10. lookinginvest

lookinginvest Member

I work on the basis that if it seems too good to be true then it probably is. Without knowing the company, I am not sure that a yield of 8%-10% is moving into the range of "too good to be true".

11. lookinginvest

lookinginvest Member

Is this why some companies offer "assured" returns which is a target but not a legally binding figure?

12. invisipics

invisipics New Member

Hi Guys,

First of all I’d like to thank everybody for the replies and comments, particularly Nicholas Wallwork who went to the trouble of making a video reply. Great.

I would like to apologise for the delay in getting back to you, but as a number of months had passed without a reply or comment, I stopped consulting the forum and I received no message about any additions to the thread. It is only purely by accident that I made another Google enquiry about Emerging Property and stumbled on the thread again.

In answer to your enquiries, I did not finally go ahead with the investment. I visited Manchester in October 2016 in a preliminary reconnaissance and decided that I didn’t want to invest in that area.

13. FWL

FWL Member

I can understand your concerns but it is a little ironic that Manchester (and the North West region of the UK as a whole) is one of the best performing property markets at the moment.

14. diyhelp

diyhelp Active Member

Do you have any links we can look at?

15. Tudo

Tudo New Member

I have purchased a Student Studio at House in Leicester and I have already received 7 quarterly payments at 10% of the purchase price. There are no strings attached. You buy the property and you get 10% for 10 years without any outgoings whatsoever. I have researched the company and I am so confident of their management that I purchased a 3 bedroom apartment at Westbeach Resort and Spa in Devon. While the building is under construction I am receiving 5% on my down payment. Once completed towards end first quarter 2019 I shall receive 10% for 10 years. It is as good as it says on the label. Good luck

16. FWL

FWL Member

I appreciate that you have done your research @Tudo but if the second property is still being built, but you are receiving 5% on your downpayment, it begs the question - are they using yours and other investors funds to cover repayment back to you? Why would they make any repayments on a down payment when the asset in question is not earning any income as yet?

Or am I missing something?

17. Tudo

Tudo New Member

Hi FWL firstly I want to assure you that I have a very low threshold for risk. Having said that, we all take risks from time to time. Sometimes without realising it. Take for example when you fly. When I purchased the second property the foundation and the metal structure were already up. I visited the site and saw for myself. Now this was not the first structure that the developer had built, there were 4 phases and the one I'm referring to was the last phase. I liked the location and I could see the potential for rental income. The developer is paying 5% because it would cost them more than that to borrow the money from a financial institution. So the 5% is a fair price. Yes it's true that if the development was left unfinished, then I would have to wait until we go through the legal system to recover our investment by putting a lean against the developer's assets. I have checked and the developer has (verified by an independent lawyer) assets in the multi-million pounds. Therefore, what's going on here is that the developer is using our down payment to build the property and as compensation I receive interest. Throughout this process I am kept up to date with the building schedule and not just in words but with pictures. Moreover I can visit the property any time I want to. By the way, the other phases that have been completed are generating a healthy income and the purchasers are being paid on time. Yes I would definitely make further investments with this company. Hope this has somewhat answered your question.

18. Mikewhite90012

Mikewhite90012 New Member

I have delt with them, they provide me with bad investment options, actually, i am losing because of them, my advice do not deal with them