Electricity & Water prices in Winter Resorts

G

G Dog

Can anyone help with some advise?

I purchased a small studio apartment (35 sqm) in Pamporovo about 3 years ago. I have had very mixed experiences with the developers, most of them negative. The most recent is that want me to pay 20 lev / €10 per day when I stay in my apartment to cover electricity and water costs. This seems to be an extremely high figure that has been plucked from the air. Can anyone give any advise on how much I should realistically have to pay. The apartment has one electric radiator, a tv, 4 lights and a small water cylinder. €70 per week would be a large chunk of any potential rental income, should I ever be able to find someone trustworthy and reliable enough to manage the property.

Thanks.

M

mart359

This is very high for a small studio apartment. I guess they have a central heating and trying to cover costs for common areas plus some of developer apartments. Dont you have a el meter reader? If you have keep a record for all numbers and you can easy calculate how much you have spend.

G

G Dog

Thanks

Hi mart359,

Thanks very much for your reply. I don't think the meter is located in my studio, but I will check next time I'm there. Based on my previous experiences with this development, it will be a waste of time arguing with them. I was going to count my losses and sell the apartment and put it down to a bad investment, but from looking at the current market conditions, I might only be able to get half what I paid 3 years ago! If this is the case, I will try to find a reliable letting agent, so I can at least try to cover my annual costs.

Thanks again.

K

KayJay

You'll have no shortage of agents offering to sell it for you - usually after you've paid them a wodge of cash up front. You're right that you'll have to take a fair hit in order to sell, although 3 years back the market was well below its peak, so you might do better than 50% of your investment back. It all depends how realistic the price you bought for was, of course..... ;)