Egypt Forum Moderators Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Nigel you are right about that and in future contributors who ignore the rules will respectfully be advised to use the new forum which I note that you have subscribed to.

The objective of the Egypt forum is to provide a platform for debate about the relative merits of Egypt as an investment and lifestyle destination. Many of us are involved in the industry in one way or another and we must all learn the lesson that this is not just a forum to promote our own projects.

If we do that, and we are all guilty from time to time, then no one will read it. I am sure that we have all seen forums that flog a particular thread to extinction and it all gets silly and the contributions get less and less and finally stop....

Egypt is a great destination and we should be sharing the research that led us here in the first place to generate more visitors and to tackle the problems we all face; insufficient flights, no budget airlines, high prices and no mortgages. Whilst these conditions prevail the market cannot develop. We all need clients to survive and the projects will find their own level - depending on the budgets and aspirations of the buyer.

The biggest problem is getting them to come and convincing them that changes are taking place which will make it easier and cheaper in the future - we should be pooling our efforts to tackle these problems as finding solutions will grow the market exponentially.

Andy & Alison's initiative in trying to organise a private charter service is very welcome and everyone should support it. However, the longer term solution is to encourage more charters and budget operators to fly in to Egypts regional airports and we all need to lobby the key operators to achieve this; does anyone have any influential contacts? This would be a good start.

queenie40something

queenie40something

I have closed this thread because it is old and the moderators have changed since the thread was posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.