Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Egypt Forum Guidelines

Discussion in 'Egypt property' started by awahee123, Jan 5, 2008.

1. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Hi all,

I would like to point out that new and OLD forum users have over the past week or so started new threads where the topic is already running on a previous thread.
    If you are unsure please search your particular topic before starting a thread what may already exist.
    If you do start a thread that already exists previously for example anything to do with rental issues,or flights etc they will be merged.
    If you see your thread has disappeared if I merge it with another you will get a message informing you of this.
    If you persist in starting the same thread once it has been merged (not mentioning no names) then after the first message I will not message you again and just merge the threads in question.
    I don't mean to go on but the forum does need to be kept tidy,having the same subject on 10 different threads with the same info on them doesn't help.
    So please please please help us out here and thankyou.

2. dave99

dave99 New Member

Help from "long standing" members - spot that thread

Help from "long standing" members - spot that thread.

Maybe if anyone sees a thread that they know has already been covered (many moons ago maybe) perhaps you could mention it rather than adding to the new thread.

Likewise if anyone remembers if the subject has been covered in an "off-topic" reply in an unrelated thread, which may not get spotted by a thread search.

3. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Hi People,

Please try and keep all the threads of the same subject together,I think since putting this notice on here yesterday even the long term forum members are just choosing to start a new thread rather then adding to an existing thread.
    Surely it is better for the new forum members to read all previous posts.

4. queenie40something

queenie40something Senior Member

Could I just add.

Instead of replying with a link to another thread can you PM one of the moderators and we will then move it. Can we also not copy and paste someones original thread into another - again if you let the moderators know we can move the thread.

Thanks for your co - operation.

Queenie

5. Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry <B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>

This is good advice from Queenie; we've finally found someone who understands how it all works!

6. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Hi People,

I have just removed redseasounds thread headed let the people decide.
    I found this offensive.What we must remember is if we step out of the forum guidelines then we will be told it's as simple as that.
    We are not here to start arguments or silly threads that have no meaning to the forum.
    If anybody has any issues or if you think I am wrong you may pm me.

7. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Hi People,

Sorry to go on but looking at some of the threads today quite a few people are starting to mix topics for example the flight threads have gone off onto a different subject altogether before coming back onto the subject in question,also the property rental section has veered off onto furniture and property.
    We really need to keep the topics under their relevant threads.

8. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Just a quick note to let everybody know spamming is not welcome on this forum if you post the same article on various posts they will all be removed.
    PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IF YOU ARE UNSURE ASK ONE OF THE MODERATORS...

9. awahee123

awahee123 Banned

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to ask everyone to keep all the threads moving along with the correct info of the heading,if we look at most of these threads they are becoming a bit of a nightmare with a lot of talk on different subjects what aren't contained within the thread.PLEASE LETS KEEP THE FORUM TIDY...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.