Education / schooling in Morocco

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_jacob

Hey guys,

For those of you actually living in Morocco, can you shed some light on the quality of education and schooling. Specifically, how does it compare to the UK?

If children were to transfer from a school in the UK to morocco, would they lose any years or have to start certain courses again? My kids are 10 and 11, so just wanted some advice on that front.

Also, not sure if this matters, but is there a difference in schooling for boys and girls?

Thanks in advance!

jacob.

I

imported_Prolan

Hi Jacob,

I don't live in Morocco but from what all my local contacts (builders, architects, tourism company managers, bankers, etc...) say the schooling situation isn't very good.

During HRH Hassan II days not many people could were in schooling but those attending school came out with some good qualifications, now under HRH Mohamed VI much higher levels of schooling have been achieved but those attending come out without knowledge nor nationally or internationally recognised qualifications.

Of course if you opt for private schools the story changes completely. From what I have been told the international schools are very good.

Hope this helps,
Prolan

I

imported_jacob

Thanks for the feedback prolan. Would you have any further details on costs, qualifications, etc. for private schooling. I appreciate you don't live there, but if you can point me in the right direction, that would really help as well.

Thanks.

N

nikkipowles

Can the English kids go into the morrocan system?

Status
Not open for further replies.