Edinburgh announced as surprise international property hotspot

• Thread starter Nicholas Wallwork
  • Start date
Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
While it will come as no surprise to learn that Edinburgh is one of the most active and most popular property markets in Scotland, many people may be surprised to learn it is among the top 12 property hotspots in the world. These statistics were calculated by IP Global and take in a number of [...]

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Edinburgh announced as surprise international property hotspot

E

Ed_P

This is very interesting! And something I had not really thought of before but it makes perfect sense!

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ed_P

I actually live in Central Scotland and the Edinburgh market has been very buoyant for some time now.

Regards,

Mark

M

Mike D

Hi guys, it makes perfect sense... all the renovations they started carrying out (portside and central Edinburgh) have changed the city a lot in the last 10 years.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
While the polls are saying it is unlikely, I can only see further upside if Scotland was to vote for independence next year.

M

MikeOllington

Having spent some time in Edinburgh I can vouch for the architecture from the medieval to the Georgian elegance of the New Town to the quaint coffee shops, perfect for Sunday mornings.

Adam Wilkinson, director of Edinburgh World Heritage states "once here, they (tourists) find the architecture and sense of history to be the most impressive aspects of the city', why shouldn't the residents as well? Apart from the rain, Edinburgh is a very cosmopolitan and clean place to live.

B

Bilbo80

This is something I'm particularly interested in as I'm thinking of relocating to Scotland next year, but over near Glasgow. I read somewhere recently that house prices in Glasgow had gone down but just having a look around earlier today and I'm not sure I'd agree.
They've done a lot of work on both cities and as a non Scottish person, i'd say both were equally as attractive now, whereas not so long ago Glasgow had a worse reputation.
I do wonder though how many people will be moving up there if they get the vote for independence, looking for free health care etc :)

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bilbo80

If you need any advice or help with your move please give me a shout, I live in the Central Belt of Scotland just outside Stirling.

Regards,

Mark