Ecocity Land Development

R

rkinvestor

Hi,
Anyone heard about this land development opportunity in Ecocity Brazil?
The company advertising this development is Landcorp Internation.
Any insight will be helpful.

Thanks

J

JMBroad

Hi,
Anyone heard about this land development opportunity in Ecocity Brazil?
The company advertising this development is Landcorp Internation.
Any insight will be helpful.

Thanks
Heya

Whereabouts is it in Brazil?

R

rkinvestor

It is located in the Parnaíba River Delta in northeast Brazil.
According to the developer, it consists of 20,000 acres (80 million m2) and will be developed in 32 separate developments. Landcorp International has negotiated this special opportunity for their clients to invest in Phase One of Ecocity Brasil, an area of 1,360 acres (5.5 million m2).

Heya

Whereabouts is it in Brazil?

J

JMBroad

It is located in the Parnaíba River Delta in northeast Brazil.
According to the developer, it consists of 20,000 acres (80 million m2) and will be developed in 32 separate developments. Landcorp International has negotiated this special opportunity for their clients to invest in Phase One of Ecocity Brasil, an area of 1,360 acres (5.5 million m2).
First I've heard about it - sounds interesting but by far too large to be anything of interest to me personally as an investment. As a holiday home, it sounds great but something that size is going to have to be in construction for the next 15-25 years at least?

From what I understand having browsed their website, the project is on an area which is larger than the whole of the Czech Republic. Just the constructed area as I understand it is larger than the whole of the land covered by Israel.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong? How are they doing on the licensing stages?

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
First I've heard about it - sounds interesting but by far too large to be anything of interest to me personally as an investment. As a holiday home, it sounds great but something that size is going to have to be in construction for the next 15-25 years at least?

From what I understand having browsed their website, the project is on an area which is larger than the whole of the Czech Republic. Just the constructed area as I understand it is larger than the whole of the land covered by Israel.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong? How are they doing on the licensing stages?
Israel is about 20,000 km2 so it would have to be a really, really big development. To put that into perspective I have a friend in Australia whose family have a farm of 1 million acres which is about 4000 km2 or 4 billion m2!

J

JMBroad

Israel is about 20,000 km2 so it would have to be a really, really big development. To put that into perspective I have a friend in Australia whose family have a farm of 1 million acres which is about 4000 km2 or 4 billion m2!
Heh ok so I was looking at it wrong - 80.000.000 m2 so 80 km2, not 80.000 km2

However 80 km2 is still huge... for an investment development tricky, for a lifestyle project could be very interesting.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Heh ok so I was looking at it wrong - 80.000.000 m2 so 80 km2, not 80.000 km2

However 80 km2 is still huge... for an investment development tricky, for a lifestyle project could be very interesting.
I agree 80km2 makes for a very challenging development. That is about the 4 times the size of Sotogrande.

R

rkinvestor

Its in Piaui and the developer is Grupo JR....

J

JMBroad

Its in Piaui and the developer is Grupo JR....
Yes, sorry we were a bit short with our replies. To expand a bit on my earlier comments...

It looks like an interesting development - I'm all for eco-friendly developments. I don't know too much about Grupo JR but I'll ask around and see what I can find out for you.

I was only expressing my concern regarding size because of the chat you and I had last year in August - unless your plans have changed since then the timeframe of this development and the investment timeline you were looking for don't seem that compatible.

The only other thing that makes me a little concerned may well be explained by a translation gaffe;

"330% fixed potential returns predicted within 3 years"

"Fixed", "potential" and "predicted" all used in the same sentence to describe your RoI.

J

JMBroad

People I asked hadn't heard of the company but then again Brazil is huge so might not mean anything.

I found an article about Nova Atlantida saying that a Spanish developer had taken over that development from Grupo JR: on their website they do say that they are doing the development so seems both companies lay claim to the same one...

Afirma Grupo Inmobiliario / Site search

So, one of them hasn't updated their website in a while or is fibbing...

First thing I'd do if I were you is take random pieces of information from a developers website and google them; (development names, names of team members, any claims to fame really - awards, offices, etc).

See if anything stands out.

If everything on their website checks out and you really like the project and are considering investing then start the legal due diligence process.

J

JMBroad

People I asked hadn't heard of the company but then again Brazil is huge so might not mean anything.

I found an article about Nova Atlantida saying that a Spanish developer had taken over that development from Grupo JR: on their website they do say that they are doing the development so seems both companies lay claim to the same one...

First thing I'd do if I were you is take random pieces of information from a developers website and google them; (development names, names of team members, any claims to fame really - awards, offices, etc).

If everything on their website checks out and you really like the project and are considering investing then start the legal due diligence process.

Rk did you find anything during your search? Pretty sure there is some interesting stuff to be found there.

B

Blc

Nova Atlantida is a large master plan project on the Muduau river 130 kms from Fortaleza owned by a Spanish company.

The development has been stopped for almost 2 years due to a few problems one, Indians are claiming grandfarther rights.

Local people on the ground tell me it will take years to approve this project which is a pitty.

R

rkinvestor

JM,
Haven't had a chance work and find out yet....did you read what Blc said?

simonharding

simonharding

any news

It looks like an interesting development - I'm all for eco-friendly developments. I don't know too much about Grupo JR but I'll ask around and see what I can find out for you.
Did you discover anything more about this project... they are offering a discount to the end of this week... sign of panic?

J

JMBroad

Did you discover anything more about this project... they are offering a discount to the end of this week... sign of panic?
I just did a couple of random google checks and one of the top names kept popping up in similar newsclippings.

(do it yourself - go to their website, then google the team leaders names).

The articles were related to the developer, the name of one of the managers and one or more of the developments mentioned on their website

Now I didn't read every single article, nor did I check the veracity of all the articles - also, most of the articles are from at least a year or so ago... so it may well be nothing but the ones I did read would make me check the Due Diligence thoroughly.

(by the way completely off-topic and to everyone - personally I think that is one of the first things anyone even considering investing in overseas developments should do... Talk about Due Diligence - if you can't spend a few minutes on google doing your own research, you deserve to lose some money - nowadays you can even get a google translation which gives you a good enough idea of the content in almost any foreign language)

J

JMBroad

Just clarifying my google comment - that quick search which everyone should do will never replace the need for a thorough Due Diligence check however it may bring some interesting points to light which you hadn't thought of before.

Armed with that new information, you can now have a more enlightened talk with the developer/agent and clear up any doubts that originated from your search.

After that you can decide whether it is worth doing a full Due Diligence check or not - sometimes you may just decide it's pointless to take it any further, other times you may come up with new things you want the DDR to cover.

simonharding

simonharding

(by the way completely off-topic and to everyone - personally I think that is one of the first things anyone even considering investing in overseas developments should do... Talk about Due Diligence - if you can't spend a few minutes on google doing your own research, you deserve to lose some money - nowadays you can even get a google translation which gives you a good enough idea of the content in almost any foreign language)
absolutely... and stumbling across this group has been part of my DD process... and thank you for reminding me about using google for translating - an "obvious" for checking on opportunities in non-English speaking countries, but I had let it slip by me this time and was just about to buy my Portuguese mate a drink for a spot of impromptu translating! What a great site this is if it is full of people like you... helping me with my investments and saving my bar tab!

J

JMBroad

absolutely... and stumbling across this group has been part of my DD process... and thank you for reminding me about using google for translating - an "obvious" for checking on opportunities in non-English speaking countries, but I had let it slip by me this time and was just about to buy my Portuguese mate a drink for a spot of impromptu translating! What a great site this is if it is full of people like you... helping me with my investments and saving my bar tab!
Haha well when you have chosen your development and if come over to Brasil, I'll let you buy me some coconut waters with all that saved up cash ;)