Dubai Sports City - The Cube - Is This a Good Investment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PintoPotts

I have been looking at a "hotel" type investment called the Cube in Dubai Sports City, just Google "The Cube Dubai" for details.

I like the idea of the long leaseback as I want to get a mortgage and hope this will cover it.

Appreciate comments as to whether this is a good investment or not and whether it will cover mortgage costs etc'.

M

mazi

I'd been looking at this about 2 years ago. I loved the design of it

For some reason I didn't invest in it tho!!!

I am not sure about the leaseback thing and the way the rental income is calculated - apparently there is some confusion as to how this is done (e.g. u get 10% of the value of your investment). This sounds fair if all investors bought at the same time. But how do they calculate rental income on resale units -would the premium be taken into account? if so, what happens to the pre-launch investors who have kept their units but have paid less obviously. Does it mean that they get less - can't be right coz it could potentially mean that if i buy a studio today (with today's prices) i could technically earn more than someone who bought a 1 bd 2 years ago. This can't be right, can it? so how would they keep everybody happy???

make sure you know the ins and outs of the rental income and how it is calculated before you buy.

P

PintoPotts

Yes, I thought that seemed a bit daft, it would make more sense to do it on the size of the unit, then the amount paid isn't of significance in terms of income.

I really like the idea, but I have doubts creeping in!

Are there any other "hotel" type developments that offer long rental gurantees or leasebacks I wonder?

M

mazi

I have come across a few condo-hotels in Dubai and I think one is being done in RAK too

J

jimbo5

The Cube DSC Income

There seem to be a lot of confused investors with regard to the Cube income.

When construction is complete, each unit will then be valued. Income will then be calculated relative to this valuation. It is NOT calculated by square foot or initial purchase price.

Status
Not open for further replies.