Dubai Sports City Gallery Villas action group

Status
Not open for further replies.
UAEproperty

UAEproperty

Interested in hearing from any other Gallery Villas investors - a project from the master developer Dubai Sports City (not subcontracted). The information at RERA is inaccurate (i.e. no correlation with plot numbers allocated). We have established that money is held in ESCROW but unless the project is cancelled we have no access to it. If they start building then the developer may release these funds in conjunction with the bank. Project completion (or indeed start date or appointing a contractor) cannot be predicted as the developer has broken so many promises put in writing. If we act as a group we may be more successful (a lawyer has suggested that constant pressure and negative publicity in the local and international media may make them act. Please get in touch.

amplesou

amplesou

Banned
gallery villas

when ever i have asked about gallery villas they always said they are not available /released so i am suprised to see somebody actually has managed to invest in these!
very suprising !

UAEproperty

UAEproperty

There are about 50 units - it's a very small development. Are you involved in real estate in the UAE? If you have purchased has your property been built? Have you made any claim against any developers? Any advice/experience appreciated.

O

oasis2buyer

Banned
Gallery Villas Launched at Dubai Sports City
24-Jan-2006

Source www
gowealthy.com/realestate/news/839/detail.asp

Gallery Villas, the latest real estate venture of Dubai Sports City, an exclusive development of 75 Mediterranean-style, luxury, two-storey, detached and attached family villas in close proximity to the Ernie Els Design golf course, The Dunes has been launched.

Gallery Villas

Designed by UAE-based architects, ITD/QHC, Gallery Villas, available with three or five bedrooms, offers generous living space and stylish and contemporary interiors with high quality fittings and finishing. All villas enjoy generous balcony and patio areas along with spacious gardens. The villas range in size from 2444 to 4553 sq ft with the larger detached residences featuring a driver's room and guest en-suite bedroom over and above a maid's room.

Gallery Villas offers all the benefits of a planned community including international schools, 24 hour medical facilities, open spaces and parklands, shops, cafes, cinemas, restaurants and community centers.Residents will also be able to take advantage of superb state-of-the art health and fitness facilities.

U Balasubramaniam, CEO of Dubai Sports City, said at the launch: "Gallery Villas offers a unique living experience in the heart of a unique project. It is the ideal location for families or individuals who value their privacy and quality of life whilst appreciating true community living. The facilities and amenities available to the residents are second to none, not to mention the range of activities and entertainment outlets on hand within Dubai Sports City."

Prices ranging from 650 to 750 dirhams per square foot in conjunction with the desirable address and spacious living areas available ensure Gallery Villas offers true value for money. Sales of the villas commence from today and interested purchasers can contact the sales office on 04 329 3300 for more details.

A project by the Master Developer: Dubai Sports City

It/appears/that/ going/straight/to/the/Master/Developer/makes/no/difference/and/here's/the/ proof/.This/ development/like/so/many/others/in/DSC/where/people/have/been/ripped/off/were/released/a/long/time/ago/ (/2006/in/this/case/)/and/people/purchased/"off/plan"/and/all /they/have/is/sand/here/elsewhere/with/ other/projects/just/holes/in/the/ground/and/that's/called/progress/by/developers/.RERA/ in/august/ 2009/reported/this/project/(/Gallery Villas/)/that/there/is/no/progress/happening/on/site/and/a/main/ contractor/is/yet/to/be/appointed/./Looks/like/the/article/back/then/said/75/,/so/they/reduced/the/numbers/to/50/villas/well/I/guess/the/master/developer/sees/that/as/being/progress/./

Here's further up date on this project in Feb 22, 2010, Shows progress as: Tender - Dubai Sports City Master developer how very surprising that they too can get away with delays, no wonder nothing else is being built in DSC they are no doubt following by way of example. I am very sorry to hear that people have invested and are stuck in this terrible situation just like everyone else who has been caught up.These delays are totally inexcusable.

Gallery Villas - Dubai Sports City (DSC)
Project No. : PRJAE0614448
Project Type: Residential ( Housing Complex - Villa )
Progress : Tender
Area : Dubai Sports City (DSC)
Created On : March 23, 2006
Last Updated : February 22, 2010

RERA August 2009 - no progress on site, waiting for main contractor to be appointed.

amplesou

amplesou

Banned
There are about 50 units - it's a very small development. Are you involved in real estate in the UAE? If you have purchased has your property been built? Have you made any claim against any developers? Any advice/experience appreciated.
Yes a am involved in as much as i am an apartment owner in dsc!

The property in question is supposed to be handed over september /october this year !
Its been a long road and we are not there yet !

But i am invoved in other investors problems where i can help !

Only because i have been on site so many times and didicate my time to this dsc.

But you can,t get away from the hard headed rants of investors here who are only in it for the cash and of course they get mixed up with the real investors who are at risk also.

That help can be taken the wrong way!
There for i find it amusing .
sorry !

O

oasis2buyer

Banned
I think the master developer is having a lot of problems - a lot of projects delayed or are on hold..I think!

R

REM

Dubai Sports City Gallery Villas action group - Concur

Hello UAE Property. I have also purchased a Gallery Villa.
I hae friends who have started action groups for other properties and have had some success. Would like to discuss in more detail.

S

srey

Hi,

Notice that you have formed a group and appear to have had results. I am in the process of getting investors together that have bought, not at the Villas, but still in Sports City. Could any of you elaborate on what you have managed to get the Developer to do and is it absolutely necessary to register your property with RERA...If so, then did you pay them direct and can you give an outline of what you paid for, say a 1

S

srey

Sorry last post should have read: 1 bed apartment.....Thanks in advance

N

Nives

Gallery villa owner

I own a Gallery Villa and have not heard from the developer in well over a year. A friend of mine who lives in Victory Heights tells me the villas will be ready in December. Does anyone know what is the realistic price I can ask for the villa since I no longer live in Dubai and need to sell the property.

A

ali26

I see many like myself have had the SAME ISSUE with DSC... I own a apt in DSC canal residence Med style, It was meant to be finished in 2008 but I heard last year after payment plan being frozen for over a year that prop will be ready in sep or dec 2010, I was asked to make a further 5% payment to DSC about 2 months which is Mar 2011which had a seal of approval from RERA that 90%of the project has been completed. I was then told that project will be finished in aug 2011 and there will be inspection and final hand over will be sometime in sep 2011... I have email from DSC saying now its anticipated to complete in Dec 2011..

I have emailed them about this and told them how unprofessional it is to keep changing their mind like this, and I should be given some sort of compensation for all this... I dont know what more to do but I so much regret buying in Dubai... I also got to know that we wont be getting any residence permit upon owning a land no more, as King has changed his mind and depending on the amount of bedrooms you have that many people can apply for permit but that will be only for 6 months and then you renew it so more revenue for blood sucking 2 face king of Dubai. King has changed his mind in many other things too but its not relevant to this topic so I wont mention it but I must say my dream to live in Dubai looks so bleak, I don't know why I invested £100k there, for absolutely no return so far in last 5 years.

Please if any one have any information on how to go about starting some negative publicity I am all up for it.

N

NJK

Most properties in DSC are 2 years behind schedule and that is probably a generous estimate so wouldnt be surprised if these are over 2 years delayed. My sisters villa was 2 years and my apartments are now almost complete and they will be about 2 yrs 2 months late.

Srey, as for registering with RERA, this is compulsory, i have just had to register my places on the interim register with RERA but be warned, the developers insist on doing the registration of anything on the interim off plan register - mainly because RERA allows developers to do the admin, however my developer out right lied to me over the cost telling me RERA charged 5000 dhs per unit to register the unit in the off plan Oqood system. At the time I couldn't get RERA to respond via phone or email to verify that so was left with no option but to pay the 5000 dhs per unit but when i eventually got hold of RERA they confirmed that actually interim registration was 1000 dhs per unit! I tried to fight this and went back to the developer who stated the other 4000dhs was an admin fee, per unit,....I then went to RERA and made a complaint but this is the response they gave me, I quote, ' The Land Department only take AED1000 for oqood fees, the rest of the amount is considered admin fees from the developer. We have no issue into that, you need to contact them in that regard' ....so we had no leg to stand on get 8000dhs back which the developer charged as an admin fee.

In terms of registration when the property is complete that is also compulsory or you wont be issued your title deed and then won't be able to sell the property in the future. You are supposed to pay 1% of the purchase price on completion and the developer is also supposed to pay a 1% fee to the land department but i know from when my sisters villa was completed in DSC that the developer tried to get her to pay her 1% and the developers 1% and it was only becuase she fought it that she only paid her share. The land department and RERA told her that developers are getting round paying their share by writing contracts that state buyers will pay ALL fees instead of buyers will pay all buyers fees, I saw this in my contracts prior to the developer signing them so I made sure i altered my contracts to state ALL buyers fees so they couldn't try to claim I was also liable for the developers fees to the land department as well.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.