Dubai real estate market softening

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
In many ways the Dubai real estate market is reminiscent of a young London property market seemingly able to fight the force of gravity and economic pitfalls. We all know how well the London real estate market has performed, especially since the 2008 mortgage crisis, but there are signs that the Dubai property market could

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Dubai real estate market softening

N

nmb

Interesting article from 2015. After a period of consolidation the Dubai property market is certainly back in vogue and relatively strong compared to overseas counterparts. The market we see today is very different to that in the 2008 crash with tighter regulations and more protection for developers and investors.

A

Aksfat

Hi,

I am Indian citizen, currently working in Kenya on work visa. I am interested to buy a property in Dubai. As far as I know, as a foreigner I need to buy a property worth more than 1 million dirham since I am a foreigner and do not have job in Dubai. However, I am not in a position to pay this amount on outright. Is there an option to buy a property of less than 1 million in Dubai if I don't want a residence visa? Are there home finance or home loan options for foreigners like me who do not work in Dubai? If yes, then what is the procedure? Also, once I buy a property in Dubai, does it guarantee residence visa for me and my family?

M

Moaza Al Shamsi

Hi,

I am Indian citizen, currently working in Kenya on work visa. I am interested to buy a property in Dubai. As far as I know, as a foreigner I need to buy a property worth more than 1 million dirham since I am a foreigner and do not have job in Dubai. However, I am not in a position to pay this amount on outright. Is there an option to buy a property of less than 1 million in Dubai if I don't want a residence visa? Are there home finance or home loan options for foreigners like me who do not work in Dubai? If yes, then what is the procedure? Also, once I buy a property in Dubai, does it guarantee residence visa for me and my family?

Dear Aksfat,

I don't know where you got your information from but you don't need to buy a property that is 1 million dirham worth, any property you are interested in whatever it costs you can purchase however, to get a residency visa yes the property has to worth over 1 million dirhams as the laws have changed over the past 10 years. A lot of people took advantage of that hence the law changed. The property also has to be fully rightfully owned by you and not on mortgage that's if you want the visa and the property is worth over 1 million.

N

nmb

There seems to be more confidence this time round in light of the new regulations introduced by the authorities. In the aftermath of the 2007/8 worldwide economic downturn it became obvious that Dubai was not prepared for such a monumental change in investor sentiment. Thankfully the authorities seem to have learned their lesson!

L

lookinginvest

There does seem to be strong underlying demand for property in Dubai and the strengthening of property regulations has taken away some of the risk of years gone by. I would be interested to learn of the more popular areas of Dubai with regards to foreign investment in property.

L

lookinginvest

I notice recently there is talk in the press that the double-digit property price increases of years gone by will not be repeated. Some in the mass media seem to have a downer on the Dubai property market but let's not forget this is a market which bounced back from the abyss. Do not underestimate the Dubai authorities and the Dubai property market!

K

kadirayoobuae

The real estate market has improved. Probably the best time to invest into homes.

A

Aneesfanees

Thanks for your post, I think it's a nice introduction to the real estate market status in the Middle East. As you said, Middle East region isn't really attractive for investors due to the political uncertainty, dependency on oil, security, and other reasons. However, there are safe investment hubs like Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and the new rising destination that I wish we could dwell on, which is Bahrain.

D

diyhelp

For those looking to the region it is probably a matter of timing and being selective - Dubai always seems to lead the region, both up and down, but I would be interested to hear more about Bahrain.

K

kadirayoobuae

The Dubai property market did see some positive changes in the end of 2017. So far, I have heard that the following months will attract more investors. We are likely to see it soften even further.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Historically Dubai has attracted investors looking for capital gains on their property investments. If prices do soften a little further will we see an increase in those investors looking to lock in relatively attractive rental yields?

R

realdeals

Hi @Kate191905

We dont appreciate spamming other websites on this forum. It would be useful if you could post your thoughts otherwise I think you will be banned.

P

pulse digital

There are some encouraging signs about the Dubai real estate market but I think now is a time to be asset selective if you are looking to invest in the region, rather than the "olden days" when most assets appreciated (in the boom times).

L

LeroyBarnes

How profitable is it to invest in property on the other side of the world?

S

saipatil5666

The city of Bengaluru is located on the Deccan Plateau in the state of Karnataka in southern India, at an altitude of 920 metres above sea level. It covers 741 kilometres in total. It is the most populated and active region not just in Karnataka but in all of southern India. The heart of Karnataka's government and economy is this city. Bengaluru is frequently referred to as the Garden City of India in addition to its other nicknames because of all the lovely parks and gardens it boasts. There have been an astounding number of well-known organisations and companies based in Bengaluru in recent years. In Bengaluru, there is currently a lot of interest in purchasing real estate. Property in Bengaluru is popular. This city is more environmentally friendly than other cities in India due to the municipal government's dedication to reducing pollution.

Residential Projects
Godrej Ananda
Located in Gummanahalli, Bengaluru, Godrej Ananda is a project developed by Godrej Properties. Godrej Ananda is a world-class lifestyle sky-high residential development project that is perfectly located in Bagalur, KIADB Aerospace park, off Bellary Road, with fantastic proximity to BIA Road, in the heart of North Bengaluru. The exquisitely designed studio, 2 and 3 BHK apartments at Godrej Ananda are unquestionably the most amazing hub for growth and investment. 1 Rk and 3 bhk flats in Bengaluru are available at a selling price of INR 26.99 Lacs and 66.59 Lacs respectively.

Life By The Lake
Located in Jakkur Main Road, Nehru Nagar, Bengaluru, Life By The Lake is a project developed by Keya Homes. The newest property in Nehru Nagar, Life By The Lake, is a pleasure for the entire family. located on a site in a fast growing area. Enjoy returning to a comfortable suburban home with all the facilities and conveniences you could desire. As a result of the fact that Life By The Lake will help you forget that you live in the heart of the city, your residence will become the perfect place to unwind after a long day at the office. Additionally, there are a range of advantages to living in apartments in a good location. The ideal location of Life By The Lake in Whitefield provides unequalled connectivity. 4 and 5 bhk flats in Bengaluru are available at a selling price of INR 3.68 CR and 3.98 CR respectively.

SNN Gardens
Located in Begur-Koppa Rd, Yelenahalli, Bengaluru, SNN Gardens is a project developed by SNN Developer. Family-friendly activities abound in the modern SNN Gardens neighbourhood, Yelenahalli. sited over a rapidly expanding metropolitan region. Get the most out of life by moving to a comfortable suburban home that offers all your desired amenities. Living at SNN Gardens will help you forget that you're in the midst of the city, turning your house into the ideal place to unwind at the end of a hard day. Apartment living in a desirable neighbourhood also offers a number of other advantages. 2 and 3 bhk flats in Bengaluru are available at a selling price of INR 87.74 Lacs and 93.24 Lacs respectively.

Links to refer:
Godrej Ananda- https://www.dwello.in/view/godrej-ananda-by-godrej-properties-at-gummanahalli_0ad943ec-2c29-4314-a664-f21610b9d6c0
Life By The Lake- https://www.dwello.in/view/life-by-the-lake-by-keya-homes-at-nehru-nagar_0c44e502-fd01-4728-b5c8-51f106613bda
SNN Gardens- https://www.dwello.in/view/snn-gardens-by-snn-developer-at-yelenahalli_0c87c38f-2b4a-472a-9df3-0004e09a5ae3