Dubai Property Prices Down except for Dubailand, Dubai Sports City and JV

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

white knuckles

Dubai Property Prices Down a Quarter Since Peak

Real estate prices in Dubai have fallen by 25 per cent since the peak in September 2008.

Average prices for high-end property are down 35 per cent since the peak, and properties targeting middle-income earners are reported to be down by 18 per cent.

As properties aimed at low-income customers have also dropped in price, only projects at Dubailand, Dubai Sports City and Jumeirah Village have been able to maintain their prices.

The figures mean that the International Property Show – Dubai 2009 will be able to play on the lower prices to offer end-users and investors property at bargain prices. The event, running 15-17 February in the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, is organised by Strategic Marketing and Exhibitions.

The property show will showcase a number of master developments nearing completion, with investors probably hoping to snap up some cut-price units.

Dawood Al Shezawi, managing director at SME, said: “The continuous growth of the International Property Show - Dubai 2009 underlines our commitment towards helping developers grow their business by means of generating international exposure for their world-class projects.

“In addition, there will also be special pavilion for banks and financial organisations to address customers seeking financial assistance in their investments.”

The Dubai show will feature real-estate projects from the UAE and around the world. It is expected that high net-worth individuals will attend, together with commercial and residential investors. Also renowned for its networking opportunities, the event is aiming to overtake its previous attendance record, of 35,000, in 2008.
_from choices dot co dot uk and ameinfo

P

PropGuy

in those places prices were cheap around dhs 1,000 to 1,400 psf. In other places for example, BD, prices went up to dhs 4,500 psf.

S

sally_hsu

As properties aimed at low-income customers have also dropped in price, only projects at Dubailand, Dubai Sports City and Jumeirah Village have been able to maintain their prices.

Dubailand? I am so surprised. some of the projects cost over Dhs 2000 per sqf. why can they still maintain the price?

W

Wannaberich

Every area has suffered from a drop in prices.Dubailand etc included.

W

white knuckles

Every area has suffered from a drop in prices.Dubailand etc included.
That is what I thought too, I suppose much depends on how they complie their price estimates. I think in those areas developers are still advertising at relatively high prices to maintain a positive price outlook.

G

georgihh

What I understand from the article is that the prices at the exhibition will be 25% less from the peak and some project like SC, Dubai land will not be discounted.
You should be able to get at least 25% more discount on the advertised projects – good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.