Dubai property market starts its comeback

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sixgun

One more year of recovery and this place and I will stay alone in Burj Dubai :ridinghorse:
out of interest, anyone know what is roughly the residential price per sq ft/m in the Burg these days??

W

Wannaberich

Gotta love it ! Glad to see that someone still has a sense of humour !
I am going to send this link to an expat friend that just stayed in IC for two months. He sent me photos of the basement areas and stairwells that were strewn with garbage, replete with rats and vermin. He told me that at night, some of the tenants - whom were construction workers, were building bon fires outside the building and raising hell till the wee hours. Many of the flats have anywhere from 5-10 construction workers per flat !!! INCLUDING studios!! cheery thought indeed....

Wonder why they didn't include some shots of the bon fires at night?

My friends parting comments were as he was leaving - 'the place has turned into a slum!'

good luck!

On the other hand my partner has a friend who lives there and is quite happy.
Never a mention of these kind of situations.

P

paul66

My mate lives in IC - england cluster, it is not that bad! Most flats in London are in much worse areas!

F

financier888

On the other hand my partner has a friend who lives there and is quite happy.
Never a mention of these kind of situations.
It's a fairly large development, so I am sure some parts are OK - but most reports I hear - the flats are way over crowded and I did see the photos of the garbage - which they eventually cleaned-up after numerous complaints... Not sure if they sorted out the smell from the sewage plant though

R

rkolinko

It's a fairly large development, so I am sure some parts are OK - but most reports I hear - the flats are way over crowded and I did see the photos of the garbage - which they eventually cleaned-up after numerous complaints... Not sure if they sorted out the smell from the sewage plant though
It still smells but more in the Morocco cluster, its really unsafe in the China cluster - some recent article mentioned a police officer being kidnapped by a Vietnamese gang, with shooting involved.

Some European less crowded clusters seem to be okay, it also depends if its staff accomodation - possibly more civilised, but other wise it is a more civilised labour camp.

A

anwar khan

My mate lives in IC - england cluster, it is not that bad! Most flats in London are in much worse areas!
thats right if you go to whitechapel , hackney , plastow, some parts of aldgate east in London , you will be surprised how messed up those places are...and to me IC is much more cleaner , peaceful and upto the mark than those areas in London....
I think IC is a massive project and its kind of a city within a city and is well managed by the authority....and i have heard that metro is going to be extended to IC and to Academic city ...
Best of luck
thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.