Dubai Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_ismael

Dubai Lagoon comprises 53 residential buildings. The total project development is valued at three billion UAE Dirhams. Phase one sees 21 ground plus six and ground plus eight buildings for sale with a completion date of September 2007.

Dubai Lagoon comprises 4,166 units - studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms, 3 bedrooms and 4 bedrooms. Targeting the middle to high middle-income class, all buildings have lagoon views, and with over 75% of the total land used for landscaping and the lagoon itself, the development promises to offer residents charming, tranquil and luxurious surroundings.

Sonia Husain, Executive Director of Dubai Lagoon said:

'Located close to Dubai land, Global Village, Sports City, and the new airport, Dubai Lagoon offers the very best for those who demand the ultimate in contemporary living. Near the Green Community, with easy access to two main highways, a school and a university, two five star hotels, three new championship golf courses and a new free hold zone business park, Dubai Lagoon boasts the perfect location.

'This is an ideal place to live, with expansive water views of the lagoon, lavish landscaped gardens and a proposed golf course surrounding the development. The commercial center will consist of a super market, laundry, world class gym, several swimming pools, sauna, Jacuzzi, squash courts, tennis courts and a mosque'.

Dubai Lagoon is situated in Dubai Investments Park near 'The Green Community' with easy access to Sheikh Zayed Road and the new Emirates Road. Dubai Investments Park (DIP) is a modern, environmentally friendly mixed-use residential, recreational, business, and industrial development located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. DIP is 3,200 hectares in size and is located in close proximity to all the major attractions of Dubai. It is approximately 3.5 km in width and 9.7 km in length.

Financing:
One of the most unique features of Dubai Lagoon is the revolutionary financing behind it for private purchasers. A special 7-year finance plan is available, allowing purchasers to pay 50% over a 24-month period with the balance to be paid over 60 months in equal monthly installments, without any loan, mortgage, or post dated cheques. Also suitable for investors, the financing allows purchasers to sell to a third party upon payment of 1st installment.

In addition, all apartments are ownership sub-lease hold title which means that all clients are eligible for family residence visas, subject to UAE immigration rules and regulations.

Developers:
Dubai Lagoon is being developed by Dubai based Town Center Management Ltd. who are sponsored by His Excellency Nasser Abdulla Hussain Lootah, the chairman of NASA Group. The NASA Group has been established for over 25 years and has diverse business activities and is a well-respected and successful conglomerate in the region.

Architects:
Dubai Lagoon is designed and master planned by Artec, one of the leading architectural firms in the region who offer services in architecture, urban design, and environmental planning.

Marketing and Sales Agents:
Better Homes are the marketing and sales agents for Dubai Lagoon. Better Homes LLC is one of the leading real estate companies in the UAE employing more than 270 professionals and managing more than 80 properties and over 1,000 apartments.

Sonia Husain, summed up the launch by saying:
'Smell the difference, hear the difference, taste the difference, feel the difference… we invite potential purchasers to visit our sales offices located on the development. As soon as you step out of your car at our purpose built site office you will sense the difference.'

I

imported_cayden

They look rather nice, very Green Community/Union Properties, so it's bound to end up looking good at the end. What’s the price ranges?

I

imported_kristopher

It is the UAE after all; I said that before, I heard on a local radio an Emirate complaining about Emaar. He said that they don’t post locals in their advertisement. I am telling u, as a local, it is really annoying to see ourselves disappear in ur own country. Those advertisements are something to lie to ourselves that we are still fine

M

malachi

It’s not about disrespect towards locals. The reason why that is because locals prefer to stay in villa's as privacy is on the top of the requirement list. Hell, it would be cool if I had local neighbors in my building, that way I would get to try their home made Arabic food and they could try our Asian food

D

delay

This project hasnt moved off the ground since its launch

A

anitauk1964

To date the Dubaai Lagoon is a nightmare worse than ELM STREET. It is due for restart after EID in Dubai which is now so beginning October now has Bel Hassa onboard and I think Ncc something or other again to get the ground works in, they have been made an example of by the government who do not take kindly to being made fools of here in Dubai whereby people invest including many locals and then getting ripped off. I am a single parent and invested and should have had my apartment in Jun 08 its now 2010, rents here are high and the penalties I hope at the end of the build will be covering the outlays of all concerned during this terrible nightmare Schon and town center management have made us go through. Do not buy one of these as mine wont even sell as market and Schon has a bad name. If however its completed we will however be quids IN... as they were very cheap at the outset. thanks, but adding the rent for the extra 3 years wait makes them damned expensive...:confused:

I

imported_reyadalany

it was realy bad luck to invest with schon properties in dubai lagoons since this lasey company always find excuses for the shameful delay in its project ,i went 5 days back to the site and same paralysis even no single worker , when they will finsh the project if no action for even show buisness to the clinets to give them some psychological support ? during these bad times since all projects arround dubai lagoon show nice progress ,they told us about new schedule for hand over although i paied 60% of the cost ! but still i feel there is major problem and they are not telling , i tried to contact senior people in the company but of no use , i tried to sell but no body wish to buy in a dead project , please any ideas.

Dr Riadh al ani

Status
Not open for further replies.