Dubai International City Smells Awful!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Willu

Hello friends,

I just registered here. And the only reason I registered here is because of the issue that is been discussed here.

I live in China cluster close to this SW plant, and last Friday night (11:45pm) the guests at my home was forced to leave the place due to the bad smell. I hope each of you can imagine how embarrassed I would have been at that moment.

I had a 3 years old son who is currently in India under medical attention who is diagnosed to have 'Nephritic syndrome' (a rare infection found on kids related to kidney). As per doctors, they are unable to find the root cause as the kidney structure and function are as normal as like any other kid. He is out of infection today & I am advised to keep my baby on clean conditions. He is coming back to me after 3 months of treatment in India on coming Tuesday. I don't know what is going to happen then.

Being in a 'rent hiking' city like DXB, I don't have any option to move out from this place also.

I wish the above statements; will fall on the eyes of the concerned authorities to have some mercy on us by moving out the sewage plant from a RESIDENTIAL COMPLEX!!

Regards

G

Ginger

I'm dealing with construction. On last Thursday I went to a company in Jebel Ali to demonstrate our program. It was a large area full of nothing but some machines did excavation. I asked the guy about their project. He replied this will be a sewage treatment plant!! I was interested about duration of job to be complete. The guy : 3 years!!!! And according to my experience when a contractor says 3 years you must know not sooner than 5 years!!
I'm surprised. They didn't do any thing so far and they say it's in final stages!
I think this sewage factory is something else. It is called Medical&Hazardous Waste Treatment Plant. It is next to Dubai Industrial City in the new development in Jebel Ali, next to Logystics City...
I saw it on the map of Dubai long time ago, and I have a feeling it's got something to do with all this developing area of new Jebel Ali airport (west wing of this airport is on the south-east of this sewage factory). Maybe it is going to be specially for this area of so called Dubai World Central...
According to the name of this plant it is for some special purposes, so there should be one more - for "common use"... But I have no information of its another location whatsoever...

B

Barman

Hello friends,

I just registered here. And the only reason I registered here is because of the issue that is been discussed here.

I live in China cluster close to this SW plant, and last Friday night (11:45pm) the guests at my home was forced to leave the place due to the bad smell. I hope each of you can imagine how embarrassed I would have been at that moment.

I had a 3 years old son who is currently in India under medical attention who is diagnosed to have 'Nephritic syndrome' (a rare infection found on kids related to kidney). As per doctors, they are unable to find the root cause as the kidney structure and function are as normal as like any other kid. He is out of infection today & I am advised to keep my baby on clean conditions. He is coming back to me after 3 months of treatment in India on coming Tuesday. I don't know what is going to happen then.

Being in a 'rent hiking' city like DXB, I don't have any option to move out from this place also.

I wish the above statements; will fall on the eyes of the concerned authorities to have some mercy on us by moving out the sewage plant from a RESIDENTIAL COMPLEX!!

Regards

Do we really think our discussion here will be noticed by one of big guys?
They don't care.

G

Ginger

Today was the last time I resent the letter to 7Days, they seem to ignore this topic.
I quoted our forum there
but actually you are right, no one seems to care.

A

avion99

After listing to cencers from from above posts, I bit worried, as we have also bought an apartment in International City Phase 3 (global point). I suffer from some nose problems and bit worried effects.

Plesae advice.

C

cacrus

It stinks almost everyday , specisally at night ,
and sometimes you smell it inside your appartments ,
I suggest everyone call Nakheel call center and report this problem ,

D

djmx3

Current Dubai Date/Time: 22/10/2007 23:44
Even the windows are closed the smell is still coming in thru A/C. I am worried if this smell can cause diseases. I have my whole family living with me here in China Cluster and smell almost everyday now.:mad:

I hope Nakheel and DM will take an action regarding problem!

D

Digitalchaos

current date/time:
October 23 2007 / 3:30 Am

I live in Riveira Lake View building (CBD) and the smell is very bad, I cant even sleep!!!. windows are closed and my A/C is on. I have to wake up for work in a couple of hours and I jst cant sleep bcoz of this freakin smell.!!! this is the worst time since I moved in to IC. (1 Month ago) Good thing i have already found someone to buy this appartment from me, coz im going to go rent a room in some villa in springs, it aint exactly wut i was looking for specially thats it much more expensive, but hell atleast i wont have to smell this **** nemore!!!. TO ANYONE INTRESTED IN MOVING TO INTERNATION CITY. COME HERE AT NIGHT BETWEEN 12:00 - 4:00 AND THEN DECIDE!! they also fooled me when I came here, coz I also came here in the morning obviously, and wut do u know?? NO SMELL. u know wuts funny though ??? the rents for all appartments in IC. is still going up . with all this smell and the prices are still increasing!!! This story needs to go big, so that everyone will know about the smell in here, so they would stop renting. coz like most of us everyone jst comes in the morning and gets shocked at night!! :S

aaww and btw those internal circulation A/Cs they dont exist in CBD. well atleast not my building.

G

Ginger

aaww and btw those internal circulation A/Cs they dont exist in CBD. well atleast not my building.[/QUOTE]

Hi,
since the guy from this forum told me about internal circulation we are a bit relieved. Try all the options on your AC control, the ones that regulate the power of air, there should be an option about it... It helps, and insense sticks when its too bad help too in coordination with this internal ac turned on...

We also bought a fan, this is an extreem option of 150 Dhs spending, you can switch everything off, and put the fan on, and close your windows and balcony doors properly. Its not too hot now. This helps at the extreem smeel conditions...

7 Days never published my letter BTW. They certanly don't care. They publish some idiot Ajendra or whatever the name is there in the letters and are havin fun...

G

georgihh

hi

Very True I heard the land was given to the building owners for next to nothing.
Yes this place smells horrible.
Of course the worst place is morocco but smells everywhere
Now they built a small plant next to Russia to make sure smells everywhere.
All of us need to complain.
This sewerage plant should be only for the surrounding areas and not for half Dubai and
Sharja

R

Razneer

current date/time:
October 23 2007 / 3:30 Am

I live in Riveira Lake View building (CBD) and the smell is very bad, I cant even sleep!!!. windows are closed and my A/C is on. I have to wake up for work in a couple of hours and I jst cant sleep bcoz of this freakin smell.!!! this is the worst time since I moved in to IC. (1 Month ago) Good thing i have already found someone to buy this appartment from me, coz im going to go rent a room in some villa in springs, it aint exactly wut i was looking for specially thats it much more expensive, but hell atleast i wont have to smell this **** nemore!!!. TO ANYONE INTRESTED IN MOVING TO INTERNATION CITY. COME HERE AT NIGHT BETWEEN 12:00 - 4:00 AND THEN DECIDE!! they also fooled me when I came here, coz I also came here in the morning obviously, and wut do u know?? NO SMELL. u know wuts funny though ??? the rents for all appartments in IC. is still going up . with all this smell and the prices are still increasing!!! This story needs to go big, so that everyone will know about the smell in here, so they would stop renting. coz like most of us everyone jst comes in the morning and gets shocked at night!! :S

aaww and btw those internal circulation A/Cs they dont exist in CBD. well atleast not my building.
I have been told that the smell issue does not occur in all areas with IC.

Spanish Cluster in particular is unaffected and I have not heard or read any comments to the contrary.

I guess this is why there is still demand for apartments - agents looking for tenants for Spanish Cluster apartments are being inundated by potential tenants who wish to rent in that Cluster only.

You could perhaps look at this Cluster instead rather than spending so much money in a different and more expensive location.

C

cacrus

Not true !

None of the cluster is smell proof ,

The smell is awful at night , and now its becoming a regular thing , earlier it use to come once in a week , now its almost every day .

Dont be fooled by anyone posting here that smell is not much in some areas . It is true though that the buildings close to sewarage plant are severly affected.

If you really want to confirm you will have to visit atleast a couple of times late night , visit any cluster and you will know that its the whole international city ,

D

Digitalchaos

I have been told that the smell issue does not occur in all areas with IC.

Spanish Cluster in particular is unaffected and I have not heard or read any comments to the contrary.

QUOTE]

No, spanish cluster IS affected and so is ALL the other clusters. lsn, some nights when the smell is there but not intense, you will smelll it more in some clusters over others (which is bareble in those days in these far clusters),BUT for the days that smell VERY strong then no matter which cluster you go to you will smell it. and for every new cluster ppl at the beggining say it doesnt smell, I dnt know why. but then let ppl start moving in and you will see the comments in here!!. They said the same thing about Italy in the summer. told me it doesnt smell there, well my friend lives there and that night when i couldnt sleep bcoz of the smell i called him up and he said the smell is there too and its very strong as well.

N

namieu

yes.. i live in IC for last six months..i suffer the smell almost once a week..we have to do something ..i heard that they are transfering the sewage plant to a place near JA.
i have to add that the same smell you can experiance in places such as Shaikh Zayed Rd. near crowne Plaza most of the time....

N

namieu

the most problem these days is entrance to IC. the population is increasing but there is no proper entrance to IC. you have to round Dragon mart and come to a very narrow road (single lane) then drive in main IC road ...the narrow road is not engough for entering cars to IC ..so we have to wait on a long line in order to pass the at road ever night ...it is getting worse and worse.......................

D

Digitalchaos

the most problem these days is entrance to IC. the population is increasing but there is no proper entrance to IC. you have to round Dragon mart and come to a very narrow road (single lane) then drive in main IC road ...the narrow road is not engough for entering cars to IC ..so we have to wait on a long line in order to pass the at road ever night ...it is getting worse and worse.......................
Well, actually about that...you could jst take the fruits and vegetable market bridge, and from there you go towards Academic city and make a U-Turn and get into international city. no traffic and the road is big enough as there are 2 entrance / exits from that side and both are 3 lanes.

I wish that was the only problem!! and dnt hold ur breath regarding the sewage plant getting moved, someone in here mentioned they saw the new site and talked to the engineers and they told him about 5 years from now it will be ready. So happy **** smelling untill then :)

S

seema

Hi guys

Just returned from IC after handover of apt in Spain. Stayed there for 3 nights and can tell you that the smell is bad and present in this sector, England and the CBD. As people have already said, the smell is not noticeable through the day but is bad on some nights. There seems to be a temporary sewerage plant on the perimeter road at England and there is always a big truck pumping something from the drains. Somebody in IC said that the area is not yet connected to the main sewerage treatment plant and the waste is transported each night. This might explain the smell, I think more investigation is needed to get to the bottom of the smell issue and where it is coming from.

G

Ginger

dnt hold ur breath regarding the sewage plant getting moved, someone in here mentioned they saw the new site and talked to the engineers and they told him about 5 years from now it will be ready. So happy **** smelling untill then :)
I told you guys most probably it is one more plant in JA with the specification on Medical and Hazard Waste. This one won't be taken away I guarantee.

BTW it smells everywhere in the evenings, even in Springs close to Emirates Rd, but its a little. The whole Dubai turns into a big stinky city :mad:

D

Digitalchaos

I told you guys most probably it is one more plant in JA with the specification on Medical and Hazard Waste. This one won't be taken away I guarantee.

BTW it smells everywhere in the evenings, even in Springs close to Emirates Rd, but its a little. The whole Dubai turns into a big stinky city :mad:
Springs is very far from Emirates road :S I dnt think there are any smell getting there !! atleast not from the sweage plant!. and I go to springs alot, never smelled a thing!!
and no they are going to move the sweage plant to another location, which is most probably the JA location, the Hazardous waste is going to be in a another i dnt know where. so eventually they will move it but not before 5 yrs from now!.

G

Ginger

Springs is very far from Emirates road :S I dnt think there are any smell getting there !! atleast not from the sweage plant!. and I go to springs alot, never smelled a thing!!
and no they are going to move the sweage plant to another location, which is most probably the JA location, the Hazardous waste is going to be in a another i dnt know where.
Springs is very far from Emirates Rd? How many times have you been in Springs sir?:eek: It is exactly 300 mtrs away from the r/a to where emirates rd and al khail rd join :mad: I have my friend living there and she complained. Should we say that if you come there sometimes and don't smell it doen't smell then? Same story like with International City... no one believed that it smelled! Come at night and feel !

Anyways, the discussion is not about it.
Have you been to the place somewhere close to Crown Plaza in the evenings? It smells there too, and smells drains. I am not talking that our plant smells that far, I am saying that DUBAI cannot manage the growing population and increasing waste, and it stinks everywhere !

Have you actually seen the papers of the plant being transferred, do you know anything FOR SURE or you called up Nakheel as we all did and believed them as you wanted to believe? Or you believed in the post that a guy asked some random constructor and he asnwered?

Open the real estate map of Jebel Ali and see what the waste plant is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.