Dubai - in the eyes of the "external media"

B

Brendan R

there is a rumor they will shoot "planet of the apes" the sequel in Dubai in 3 years time...

P

paul66

AD is not going to help them because all the money were thrown in the sea by the naughty brother Dubai.
You were saying?

People need to realise that Abu Dhabi and Dubai are not enemies like the western media try to portray. They are family, of course there is competition between family members. I always try and do better than my brother!

O

oasis2buyer

Banned
Pretty grim reports both internal and external in respect to Dubai - reports claim that recovery will not happen until 2015 and then they have to win back confidence which will be difficult as no trust left - too many people burnt!

U

UnhappyInvestor

dear sirs/madams

since ive been made redundant ive been reading every single thread every minute of the day (ive got nothing else to do) regarding my futile attempt to ensure my families future well being by investing my hard earned money in the dubai off plan market
ive joined numerous forums (and been banned from one) all to no avail
we all want our money back or companies to fulfill their promises and not hold our monies indefinitely but to deliver on the contracts
having made myself a nervous wreak with the worry and reached a point where my interest has waned on all other things to the point that im just a couch potato sitting in front of my computer with no other interest but to wait for a new reply maybe a new development which never happens
ive come to the following conclusions
its ok to blame the present climate
its ok to blame toxic debt created by the sub prime market in America
its true that i probably should have been more investigative prior to making my investment
but the fact of the matter remains that if the shambles which is dubai had been organized properly from the start then i and yourself s would not be in this quagmire were in
from what i can see from my research right from the start there has been a fundamental lack of good business practice it reminds me of the gold rushes of yesteryear . people have been so blinded by greed that they have failed to adhere to proper procedures (i include my self here )
the returns being offered were so great that i was all to ready to sign on the dotted line. did i ever question the contract no . did i ever question the company no . did i ever enquire into who was going to live in this alleged desert paradise alas no.
i just saw the money
we have allowed ruthless companies which ultimately simply operate glorified pyramid schemes to take our hard earned money from us . dubai is a house of cards waiting to tumble
i now ask myself a very simple question which perhaps should have been asked before i invested WHO IS GOING TO BUY ALL THESE APARTMENTS FLATS AND VILLAS !!!!
with only a population of approx 200 000 gcc nationals do you really think that all these projects are going to get filled by visitors who dont even have the right of permanent abode
Ive been to dubai several times and im amazed at how it runs
im a fan of simcity and having played that and i really question whether the infrastructure is really in place to service such rapid growth
are the drains ok where does the sewage go is there enough power and water to service everything
cities develop over decades centuries even i dont care how much money you throw at something you cant force a city into being it takes time
here in england there is health and safety which strictly controls all aspects of business life
if your paying labour in some cases as little as $7 a day then one must question quality control
when everything is new then all is ok but what happens 10 years down the line will the same be said then
the shieks had a vision but im afraid that they have allowed companies which dont share their vision to infiltrate and ultimately control their destiny
im sure they started with a honest and good intention to create a paradise built out of sand very noble but somewhere down the line the train ranaway from them
now they find themselves left holding the fort with all the fly by night shysters having filled the wallets with billions exiting the plot
i have no doubt that eventually abu dhabi will bail out dubai it must it has no choice but with half a trillion debt its a long road to climb
dubai will not fall completely but what will stay will be drastically different from the princes visions
so where does that leave you and me up **** creek without a paddle
you know everyone is putting so much hope and energy in rera but ultimately rera is controlled by the princes who are so paranoid that dubai is being seen in a bad light that they will do anything to stop the media or anything spoiling their dream
do you really think that rera will make these huge companies that have not started these projects give the investors their money back
the list of projects on hold is huge most of these project will never see the light of day (including mine) if rera was to create a law where all the monies where refunded the impact on dubai would be devastating the sheihks would lose so much face and no one would invest in dubai anymore
its not going to happen
the only way my friends in my humble opinion to get our money back is to shame dubai internationally media pressure from the outside world is something that the princes cant afford
if we can band together and create enough media noise in all our respective countries then the sheiks will have to do something
we need to form action groups for every country that investors live in and the force the news and television to run reports about the lack of justice that is going on in dubai and if we can do this i am 100% sure that then rera will do something
as it stands they are doing the bare minimum
they are making nice sounds designed to allay investors whilst not really making the top master builders do anything
international media coverage is what we need
so please fellow investors i urge you to band together country by country and make a concerted effort in your own countries to reveal the amount of lawlessness going on in dubai
if this isnt done then i fear that our money will be tied up for 5 or 6 years which is how long its going to take for dubai to get their act together

this is a personal opinion
Spicy,
I agree with you 100%, you said everything that I am feeling. I am a UK expat living n working in Dubai for the past 19 years. all the money I saved while working there with no pension..was put into my property investments. I did not go for the flipping, i had a long term persepective on my investments. I wanted to leave the properties for my 5 children. Instead my money has gone down the drain! I have nothing for the future. Yes I am still here earning a good salary by AlHamdullilah..but all my savings from 19 years are now sitting in developers accounts for the last 2 years and with nothing to show for it.
I agree we should go for international media and people like you and me and 1000's of others on this and other forums need to get together and shame the local authorities into doing something. What is going on in Dubai and more so in Ajman is a crime and is HARAAM and an injustice ZULM!
Lets do exactly as Spicy says..go to UAE embassies in our own countries and raise this issue infront of our press.
There is a website ajmaninvestors dot com which is collecting names and details of investors that have been robbed of their savings. It was launched about 2 months ago and so far they have over 350 such unhappy investors and the total combined amount of property is valued at over 700 million dhs. All Ajman investors need to join this group. A similar one needs to be established for Dubai.

B

baba toto

Spicy,
I agree with you 100%, you said everything that I am feeling. I am a UK expat living n working in Dubai for the past 19 years. all the money I saved while working there with no pension..was put into my property investments. I did not go for the flipping, i had a long term persepective on my investments. I wanted to leave the properties for my 5 children. Instead my money has gone down the drain! I have nothing for the future. Yes I am still here earning a good salary by AlHamdullilah..but all my savings from 19 years are now sitting in developers accounts for the last 2 years and with nothing to show for it.
I agree we should go for international media and people like you and me and 1000's of others on this and other forums need to get together and shame the local authorities into doing something. What is going on in Dubai and more so in Ajman is a crime and is HARAAM and an injustice ZULM!
Lets do exactly as Spicy says..go to UAE embassies in our own countries and raise this issue infront of our press.
There is a website ajmaninvestors dot com which is collecting names and details of investors that have been robbed of their savings. It was launched about 2 months ago and so far they have over 350 such unhappy investors and the total combined amount of property is valued at over 700 million dhs. All Ajman investors need to join this group. A similar one needs to be established for Dubai.
Guys, you need to take legal action via a good lawyer.

U

UnhappyInvestor

Guys, you need to take legal action via a good lawyer.
Baba,
I think thats ultimately where we are headed!
I have started sending emails to some of the British press, we all need to do the same..and they to get the media interested in our story....

T

Tonypam

amplesou, No need to apologise. You are just being realistic.

I'm really sorry to hear about some of you guys stories. It is a damn shame!

I think part of the fault rests with the investors though, even the ones who wanted to live in the properties they purchased.

There were many warnings about the contracts being one sided, even when the going was good. But no one listened. The ones who ended up loosing are the ones who were too trusting in this system.

I have never had any faith in this system. I have stopped payments on 3 flats, although they are all near completion, just on principle. We were promised a visa on hand over and they just revoked that as if it meant nothing. I personally don't care for the visa, as I can come and go without any problems. But just the fact that they can promise something so important and then take it away, tells me that I can not have any faith in this place.

I had paid nearly 50% on one flat, and 10% on the other two flats. But I'm not making any more payments. My money leaves this place just as soon as it is made.

S

SunnyDay

Hi,
Anyonw out there with investment in princess towers - tameer

S

stumbled

Hello, i have been away for a long time,but i certainly keep up to date with what is posted on these forums. What makes you guys think the world media doesn't know the story of Dubai?? A vulture smells death before the prey is dead, Dubai's financial mess and the suffering of labourers coming from the sub-continent is one of the biggest stories which none will cover. Dubai was a bubble and everyone knew that way back in 2005. Every tom,dick and harry knew that. The major media companies, like CNN,BBC,FOX ..etc will never cover a story in Dubai, as that is the only part of the middle east which harbours them with international facilities e.g.:-media city. You think they will ruin their base and privileges for 1 story?? The world is full of misery and they don't need to cover one which will make them miserable.

Dubai is not the only sovereign which is in turmoil over this financial mess around the world. Spain,Portugal,Greece,Hungary,U.K to name a few are countries in similar state like Dubai. The advantage Dubai has is it has big brother Abu Dhabi protecting it, but it has to pay the price for failure, which means you pawn your family jewels.
Majority of the financial pundits have doubts if the Euro will survive this debt burden, with majority of the European countries suffering with and the rating agencies playing havoc.

So my friends optimism,hope,positiveness...etc etc is a good thing, but it's about time you guys wake y and smell the coffee and come to terms, that your money is in a glut, which may take 10-15 years to get any back let alone a return, and that too if ...is say if...these guys have a conscious.THIS WAS A BUBBLE AND PEOPLE USUALLY LOSE THEIR SHIRTS WHEN IT BURSTS, you guys who are reading this are lucky, look around you and see what is left and how lucky you are, you could have lost a lot more than that shirt.

G

georgihh

Hello, i have been away for a long time,but i certainly keep up to date with what is posted on these forums. What makes you guys think the world media doesn't know the story of Dubai?? A vulture smells death before the prey is dead, Dubai's financial mess and the suffering of labourers coming from the sub-continent is one of the biggest stories which none will cover. Dubai was a bubble and everyone knew that way back in 2005. Every tom,dick and harry knew that. The major media companies, like CNN,BBC,FOX ..etc will never cover a story in Dubai, as that is the only part of the middle east which harbours them with international facilities e.g.:-media city. You think they will ruin their base and privileges for 1 story?? The world is full of misery and they don't need to cover one which will make them miserable.

Dubai is not the only sovereign which is in turmoil over this financial mess around the world. Spain,Portugal,Greece,Hungary,U.K to name a few are countries in similar state like Dubai. The advantage Dubai has is it has big brother Abu Dhabi protecting it, but it has to pay the price for failure, which means you pawn your family jewels.
Majority of the financial pundits have doubts if the Euro will survive this debt burden, with majority of the European countries suffering with and the rating agencies playing havoc.

So my friends optimism,hope,positiveness...etc etc is a good thing, but it's about time you guys wake y and smell the coffee and come to terms, that your money is in a glut, which may take 10-15 years to get any back let alone a return, and that too if ...is say if...these guys have a conscious.THIS WAS A BUBBLE AND PEOPLE USUALLY LOSE THEIR SHIRTS WHEN IT BURSTS, you guys who are reading this are lucky, look around you and see what is left and how lucky you are, you could have lost a lot more than that shirt.
More you put more you lose - basic rule

O

oasis2buyer

Banned
This has certainly reached a wide external audience

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw3PfxuFwq8]YouTube - Dubai real estate investors angry[/ame]

H

huss129

Get in Touch

Anybody wanting to watch this story please click on the YouTube link below.

If there are any oasis tower 1/2 investors out there you can get intouch with me direct "Nadeem" (I am the person in the story) on [email protected] or you can ring me on 0044 (0) 7833724455 (UK) anytime

I am currently putting together a list of investors to take to RERA & have oasis tower 2 cancelled, I will update oasis tower 1 investors about getting their project cancelled as soon as I have more info from RERA.

I would also ask any investors that have purchased in oasis tower 1/2 to get in touch with any other people they may know that may have also purchased in these projects.

Everybody has to be pro-active in their approach to finding as many investors as possible. The reason Oasis Venture Group have got away with so much is because investors have laid dormant for so long that it has given OVG the space & time to do whatever they want with our money!

Let's work together and get results for "EVERY" investor!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw3PfxuFwq8]YouTube - Dubai real estate investors angry[/ame]

will keep everyone updated on further developments.

Regards,

Nadeem

Johnparker

Johnparker

Everyone loves dubai sir. it's a beautiful country for peoples from UK, USA, Canada or anywhere

Johnparker

Johnparker

I have found a glimpse of jealousy in external media about Dubai, because they used to proud on their developments now Dubai ROCKS!

M

MapYu

dubai comes back to the focus

here in germany dubai comes back to the focus of many investors

T

TheGermsInDubs

here in germany dubai comes back to the focus of many investors
And u know why?

I have been able to buy my first 2 Bed @ < 200 AED per sqf in 2011.

Now that´s a deal. And that´s the reason we are :D