DSL / Telephone line Connection

R

Reiska

I just bought a apartment here in Hurghada and I am here at first time. How much would somekind of DSL internet connection cost to my apartment and where could I get one?

G

GM43

Banned
The cheapest is LE 95 per month. For more info contact an internet service provider, like: internetegypt . com . The office in Hurghada is located in the apartments at AKA (the piramid-like building in Sakkala).

Address: 10A, Unit 104, First Floor, Center Point, Al Minaa St., Al Saqala Sq.,
Hurghada Trade Center
Telephone: (065) 344 7211
Of course there are other service providers.

What I know is that you first need a normal land line and an invoice/receipt from that line.
There is also the possibility of sharing an internet connection, but that depends on the other apartment residents.

SHO

SHO

I was using internet Egypt...and they were aweful!

Now we're using PC PRO (Te-data?) and they are much better!

P

propertastic

What kind of speeds are the best that are available at the moment?

A

awahee123

Banned
Good thread ,as we will all be needing an isp shortly,I thought it was a lot cheaper than NEARLY £10 A MONTH.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
How long does it take to get a telephone line installed and to get an Internet connection? Presumably wi-fi is no problem?

SHO

SHO

Max speed is 2meg I think.

standard is about 10 days from when you sign the contract to the line being active. Wifi requires YOU to get a wireless router.

HTH

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
hello everybody
I just had to jump in on this thread because you will be paying 360le a month for a connection speed of 1 meg.

I have had adsl now for over 8 months and as you can imagine i checked all the options out first.

EGYNET prices start at 95le per month for 256 Kbps
170le per month for 512 Kbps
300le per month for 1024 Kbps
and 530 per month for 2048 Kbps
You will need a land line and it will have to be billed in your name.I would allow 2-3 weeks for them to process your adsl request.You will also have to pay an installation fee of around 50-200le.

D

dave99

Temporary option

hello everybody
I just had to jump in on this thread because you will be paying 360le a month for a connection speed of 1 meg.

I have had adsl now for over 8 months and as you can imagine i checked all the options out first.

EGYNET prices start at 95le per month for 256 Kbps
170le per month for 512 Kbps
300le per month for 1024 Kbps
and 530 per month for 2048 Kbps
You will need a land line and it will have to be billed in your name.I would allow 2-3 weeks for them to process your adsl request.You will also have to pay an installation fee of around 50-200le.
Depends on where you are located - some local computer shops can "run a wire" as a temp solution - not something most people would consider but it works and it's cheap, but not very reliable or fast.

P

propertastic

50 quid a month for 2 Megs?!

This is not good news at all. I'm paying 12 quid a month for 5 at the moment

SHO

SHO

Welcome to Egypt, we've only just finished building the Pyramids... Dont expect NET prices that cheap yet :D

P

propertastic

Well actually it could be worse. I was in Kiev, Ukraine last year and I was horrified to learn that they didn't have any flatrate deals at all - it was all Pay-As-You-Go on bandwidth.

It was fast but I worked out that I would be spending GBP800 per month for the amount I used being online 14 hours a day 7 days a week.

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi Nick,
It could be worse, I think the main problem here is that we all think Egypt is cheap for everything,we are obviously now learning it is not.However as an all round package I would still rather be in Egypt then anywhere else.I'll live with a slower connection if I really have to Lol.

P

propertastic

Yes, I have learned this over the years. Basically, with 'poorer' countries, anything that is domestic and where a significant proportion of the costs are labour - prices will be cheaper.

Anything imported, or where the costs are mainly capital - these things can be more expensive.

Everyone from Latvia goes to Germany to buy their consumer durables for example as they are a lot cheaper there.

Watson

Watson

Telephone/Internet connection

Has anybody tried to use the local internet/telephone providers within there own apartment?

Who are the providers?
How much do you think the monthly rentals will be?
What kind of sevice is available?

I know most apartments come ready with connection points but I am sure a reply here will come quicker than the info coming from developers.

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
internet

Has anybody tried to use the local internet/telephone providers within there own apartment?

Who are the providers?
How much do you think the monthly rentals will be?
What kind of sevice is available?

I know most apartments come ready with connection points but I am sure a reply here will come quicker than the info coming from developers.
Hi watson,

There has been this discussion before about internet prices,but I cant remember on what thread. Maybe one of the moderators or forum members will remember where it was discussed.

Ps I would speak to redsea furniture on this forum as I remember he found the best and cheapest internet but I believe it was about £10 per month.

Regards
Westmids33

J

jeremy bright

can we use any of our equipment that we are using from home there i no that lap tops are for use any where but what about modems routers etc

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
All plugs are European two pin you shouldn't have any problems...